2017 garden

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2017 garden

Post by fiffur on Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:07 pm

About half the windowsill orchard has died off but the rest are doing well. Harvesting my first zucchini of the season today...about 8" long and fat. Should be good. Several tiny red, yellow, and green peppers growing. Now have 4 tiny heads of regular broccoli growing. Italian broccoli: nothing but greenery so far. Same with Brussels sprouts. Lettuce is tiny but growing, spinach seeds didn't sprout this time at all.
Ate two 5" carrots fresh out of the garden before I even got back inside the building, (hosed off well) tops and all!
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:24 pm

The spinach and lettuce probably think it's too hot. They and the broccoli and sprouts are cool weather veg, so keep an eye out for bolting. You can probably get some fall spinach if you put more seeds in at the end of August.

I spent the morning weeding and pruning. The tomato plants have some kind of fungus that is yellowing some leaves. They keep growing new ones, so I just pull off the sad looking ones. I pushed the mower around the edges, and weed whacked the taller grass that was creeping close to the plants. The tomatoes are full sized, but not ripe yet and the Italian frying peppers are the same. I am SO ready for a BLT.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:04 pm

Come on down. I've got a boatload of bacon leftover from brunch.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:29 pm

My broccoli is still growing but the heads aren't forming right. Looks more like a tree branching out with a tiny floret at the end of the branch. Is that bolting?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum