BIJOUX

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: BIJOUX

Post by fiffur on Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:15 pm

Bet he funned himself half to death and that's why he's so tired!  Laughing

Bij has been very attentive to mom...she's still a bit under the weather. He did leave her for a couple hours yesterday since the birds decided to show up in droves. Seems like every other day now they show up. Got some nice attention last night myself, kisses, purrs, snuggles, and some hairstyling ala Bijoux. Mom and I both got requests for snacks, crunchies, and dinner. Especially as soon as it got dark outside. Birdwatching and nursing makes a cat very hungry it seems. Laughing   Got a short thankyou snuggle and off to the cuddlebed next to me, falling asleep watching me watching Walking Dead on tv. Gave me a couple nitenite kisses for a change.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:56 pm

Antonio agrees. While there is no bird watching here. There is check on the Rodent
Patrol, check the clean laundry if there is any.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:37 am

We have birds starting to nest. The wrens are out pecking around for horse hair. Casper is cooperating and giving them LOTS AND LOTS of white fur for nest lining. Mouski is fascinated. He dashes from window to window, chattering away. He gets exhausted and flops down for a nap where ever he happens to be. He is always hungry, so I can't tell if the bird watching has increased his appetite.  Laughing 
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:53 pm

We have birds checking out birdhouses....saw chickadees going in and out of my neighbors birdhouse (she lives upstairs too in the building next door). Guess we'll have to start putting out the nesting material in the suet cage again so they have something soft to pad nests with.
Bijoux spent some time in the window yesterday....lots of lil birds showed up for lunch. Got a nice greeting at the door, and a nice snuggle too. Mom reported that Bij had a case of the zoomies late at night, but she was up so it didn't disturb her. He actually stood on her chest a few times and pawed at her cheek when he wanted dinner last night (she was deep asleep). She didn't wake up so I got the pitiful Feed Me look, but it was too early yet for wetfood. Mom got patted again, this time she got up and gave him dinner. We both got thanked for that. And lately he's been sleeping a lot in the cuddlebed next to my chair instead of the one by the window. I think the cold draft might have something to do with that.
Nitenite kisses for me!!!
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:16 pm

I can relate to cold drafts. I may get Antonio a heated cat bed next winter.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:48 pm

I bet he'd love that. Lots nicer on older joints in the winter.

Bij was in the window again when I refilled the feeder (which was completely empty as usual) so lots of birds to watch again. Greeted me in passing in the hallway, to go try to lay on mom. But as soon as I sat down he went over me to the back of the chair (wet hair) but instead of giving me a hairdressing rub he just sat on the back of my chair and breathed into my ear. Mom said I was probably too cold all over for him to touch yet. Might've been right, as soon as I warmed up he curled on my lap for a while. Then mom got snuggles for a long time. But as soon as it was about 8:30 suddenly here he is, awake and staring at us both. Didn't take a genius to figure out what he wanted: dinner. Mom got it for him, I got a short thankyou (she'd left to see Donna), and curl up in the cuddlebed next to me. No nitenite kisses for me but he didn't snub mine.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:30 pm

Less expensive than a heated cat bed is what we did for Shadow. We got a regular cat bed with a removable pillow on the bottom. We put a regular heating pad on the low setting under the pillow. She got in and only moved for the box or food for entire winters. Smile
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:18 pm

That's a good idea. I've what are called self heating cat beds. I wonder how
durable they are.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat on Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:37 pm

I have a heated pet bed. They all take turns in it.
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://bluecat1105.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:32 pm

Bij seems to prefer human bodyheat over anything else. Mom tried leaving a heating pad on under her blanket on the couch but he wouldn't lay on it. But put mom under that blanket and suddenly he's very interested.
Last night Bij was in the window watching me refill the feeder. Then at the door to greet me with a loud mew. Gave me a very good once over Eau de Bijoux treatment since I had wet hair. Mom informed me Maggie had been there and he hid the entire time in the window (she was very hyper from excitement). Mom now has 2 toys for Maggie in Bij's toy basket and she gets them from there. Killed the squeaker in one of them in less than 10 minutes, like yesterday's Mutts strip. Hasn't taken any of Bij's toys yet and I hope she never does. Got some nice snuggles after giving him some of the water from my canned chicken (added that to the chowmein I had for dinner). Boy you should have heard him purring when I gave him that. And rocked him in my chair while my dinner was heating up. Mom got snuggles after that on the couch, all curled up in her blanket. Dinner was an event.....with catnip on top but no thankyous for anyone. At least my nitenite kisses weren't snubbed.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:12 pm

My mom gives her cat (Special Ed) chicken broth on his kibble for dinner. You should hear the purrs!
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:08 pm

So how long have we been owned by our cats.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:46 pm

Bij has owned us for nearly 13 1/2 years.

Last night not only did I get a nice greeting, but cuddles too! I stopped in long enough to drop off my stuff, and look for mom after I gave Bij a hello hug. Bij was waiting for me when I got back and demanded attention NOW! I know, it was his due and I delayed it by leaving to go mom hunting. Found her across the hall at Donnas'. Gave him nice new crunchies, clean water, and a big dinner with catnip on top. Sure liked that...and the backrub, burping, and rocking he got afterwards. I even got nitenite kisses this time.  Very Happy 
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:40 pm

Very Happy 
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:53 pm

Definitely. Poor guy. Reactions to meds are never fun, and since he has problems already, it's a touchy thing. I hope he's not in the hospital that long.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:32 pm

Bij was super cuddly for me last night...from the moment I walked in and found him in the window watching the birds to the moment I left. Got greeted with a huge purr when I peeked out his window to see the birds with him. Nice Eau de Bij treatment for my wet hair. LONG chest snuggle (nearly 2 hours--I think he fell asleep listening to my heart beat). Then onto the lap for a while until my tummy growled. Warmed up turkey leftovers, shared them with him, and the frosting off my cake slice too. Bij sure liked that frosting! And the turkey too.  Very Happy Mom finally woke up so Bij had to go check on her with purrs and kisses. And supervise her dinner....closely. Then bug her to lay down and get some proper rest, with kitty vibes and purrs to make her feel better (she's sore from cooking the turkey). Kisses all around after he got his dinner, and off to bed. I got some nice kisses nitenite.  Very Happy 
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:19 pm

What a good boy. I'm sure he was tired from all that though. Antonio is not a big
fan of people food.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:38 pm

Bij didn't used to be either but he's learning. Mom wants to be sure he'll eat some in case we ever have to evacuate and we run out of his crunchies.
Last night he was in the window while mom was sorting cans/boxes. He was supervising. But I got a nice greeting when he realized I was there. Nice long snuggles too. My tummy was growling but I hated to move him but eventually had to. I shared my dinner with him though so he really didn't mind having to move. Settled right in my lap again for a while. Tried to get mom to share her dinner but she said no, he'd had enough earlier off my plate. That's when he sulked a bit. Wasn't long though before he was asking for wetfood...so cute. Sit there, eyes big as saucers, light paw on my arm, hopeful look on his face. BIG burp afterwards, and he ate every scrap plus crunchies. He was extra hungry. Supervising must be hungry work. Settled into his cuddlebed by my chair until I got up to leave and put his quilt on top of my warm spot. Clued in that I was leaving, he wasted no time settling in the warm spot and gave me kisses for it.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:47 pm

I can understand about the warm spot.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:31 pm

He did it again last night too.
Bij not only watched me refill the birdfeeder, but mom reported that he'd been watching the birds quite a bit in the morning. That's when they swamp the feeder and empty it completely. They forage in the snow for the dropped seed in the afternoon. Got a cheerful mew in greeting, and quickly in the lap for a cuddle.  Very Happy  Cute lil guy also asked for a walker ride....but mom and I are still too sore to take him. Poor Bij....wanting to be sociable but can't open the door by himself. Gave him crunchies and fresh water without having to be asked. He sure is drinking lots of water since we got that new 'bowl' for it. Mom found several toys while sorting so those were scattered around (Bij half funned himself to death playing in the middle of the night while mom worked). Woke mom up (so cute how he did that) so he could have dinner on time. Big burp, thankyou kisses all around, and off to the cuddlebed next to me again. Of course, when the quilt was put on the warm spot in my chair, he knew.....and settled right in. Nitenite kisses after I asked for them.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:57 pm

Did he get a fountain? I've read where cat's love fountains.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:15 am

My kitties have one. They think it's the best thing. They'll drink from Bingo's regular dish, but they prefer the fountain. Bingo doesn't really like the fountain because his tags clang against the little spout thing. It's designed for kitties!

Fiff, does Bij purr-burp? Mouski has started doing that. He purrs so hard it sounds like a purr followed by a burp. It's cute!
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:14 pm

No fountain....just a nice crystal bowl on a pedestal base. Raised it almost to his chin level so not much stooping over to get a drink. His food bowl is about that height too. Wish I could post a pic of them for you. Both used to be candy dishes (with no lids-they were gone). And I get actual burps and sometimes a belch....just like you would from a baby after a bottle.
Yesterday Bij was entertained by squirrels and birds at his feeder. What a swarm! Gave mom a break for a while from constant kitty attention. I got some nice snuggles for a while, then mom wanted to restock his wetfood cupboard to see what we had. Bij took off to hide.....but came back as soon as we were done. Looked long and hard at the cupboard when I opened the door....and asked for a second dinner. Mom said he figures since the cupboard is full he can eat ALL he wants until he bursts. Ha, mom told him it has to last until summer (and it should too, easily). Decided to prewarm the couch for a while since mom was at the table. But mom had to move him to lay down so he cuddled next to her knees, face on the pillow (she rests her feet on that), and fell asleep. We got the timer wrong for taping her show so left to use the computer to see if it's being rerun (it is)....while we were gone Bij stole my warm spot. Was so comfy there I took the couch, mom went to Donna's, and I rocked the chair gently with Bij still in it. Put him right to sleep. I know....awwww. So cute, gave him a nitenite kiss on top of his lil head.....he barely noticed he was so sleepy.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat on Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:19 pm

Our critters have this fountain.  I got it pretty cheap at TJ Maxx.  It Actually works better than the more expensive one they used to have.
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://bluecat1105.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:46 pm

Cool! Ours is metal, and the kitties love it. It does make more noise than our former plastic one.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum