Farm update.

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Farm update.

Post by Bob on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:01 am

Thought you might like to see the latest photo of the kittens. Please note the way Portia appears to be looking at me in an angry way as though I'm disturbing her brood, while Teapot Kitten has suddenly become a bionic Green Lantern cat.

The two kittens in the centre are the two I managed to save.
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:26 pm

i don't know if the pic didn't load or if its my computer but i don't see anything,bob. (not even bionic green latern kitty!)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:32 pm

I see them all and they are all gorgeous!
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY on Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:42 pm

Is Teapot Kitten an older sibling of that litter?
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:45 pm

They look great, Bob. The little saved kitties are all just part of the family now. Well done!
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:24 pm

don't know why it wasn't showing up before but it shows up now. Portia is giving you a look that Judy used to give me a lot.
love the glowing green eyes! have you seen the fb picture of the kitty they apparently are testing some aids drug or something on and it glows in the dark? (the article is from a magazine like Newsweek or something).i like the natural glow here much better!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob on Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:22 pm

WarriorNY wrote:Is Teapot Kitten an older sibling of that litter?

Teapot kitten is one of Portia's kittens from two years ago and I suspect she's the mum of the middle two. It was only after she saw Portia feeding them that she moved in and they both take turns at the feedings now. Up till then I don't think she knew what to do with the kits which is why we found a few dead ones.
We are still trying to get David (aka Captain Stupid) to get the females spayed. That way when the big Tom cat from the next farm comes top call he won't leave us with another few litters.
Have to admit I love the black kitties, but those tabbys are beautifully marked.

Glad the elusive photo showed up Jeane, and yes, I have seen the cats you referred to. Weird effect on them but, I too, prefer the natural glow.
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:14 pm

Loved the pics (thank for emailing them so I could actually see them). I agree, Portia does look a bit angry at being disturbed during the kits mealtime. What happened to the two lil outer kits?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob on Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:26 pm

fiffur wrote:Loved the pics (thank for emailing them so I could actually see them). I agree, Portia does look a bit angry at being disturbed during the kits mealtime. What happened to the two lil outer kits?

When I said I saved them, they are the two that had been left cold and unfed and I got them in with the other kits and now they are okay. They are all still in the dog room at the moment.
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:36 pm

there are a lot of super young momcats who lose their kitties cuz they just don't know what to do. sometimes i wonder if they even know what they are! i have a feeling that's what happened with Paulie and Nobe...when they found nobe she was under a bench on the side deck, no bigger than a little hamster and very cold.
when i was a kid we had one cat (who, knowing about breeds now, i think was a munchkin..either that or if she were a human i'd say she had downs syndrone)who had her first baby when she was really young. i think it took her three or four litters (this was back in 'the day' and i don't think spay and neuter was done much at all and never on a farm)before she sorta knew what to do. (and she still tended to have babies in tar buckets or under the front steps!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:23 pm

an adorable blended family.
I love the green lantern eyes.
I have a similar pic of my dear departed Eet kitty, sitting under a Christmas tree with her glowing eyes. I always knew she was an alien, which is why I named her Eet in the first place.
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:27 pm

A very adorable blended family. Since Portia has taken over caring for the kits, does her daughter take on some of that responsibility or is she still 'observing how it's done'?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob on Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:17 pm

Teapot Kitten also feeds the babes. Her mom has taught her how to do it now.

One of the Cat Protection Leagues over here advertised a free spaying service about 6 months ago. I'm hoping to persuade David to get in touch with them and get Portia and Teapot spayed.
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:22 pm

bob.if you spirited them away for the day do you think he's even notice that they'd been spayed?
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:35 pm

Could you make enquiries on your own and present him with the results? Those kits will need it, too, in about 5 months.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:50 pm

Well me being me would just do it and not say anything. He sounds like one of
these people who wouldn't notice the house burning down around him.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob on Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:50 pm

I'm gonna make a few enquiries this weekend. There's been much publicity about the number of feral cats (ie. too many) so I'm hoping I can turn something up.
Dave's mentality, if you can call it that, is that he can advertise and sell the kittens, so having them about is a good thing for him. He's not taking into account that the effect it's having on the mother cats is going to be devastating.
Keep your fingers crossed my friends.
I'll end up like ninja Sue and spirit them away to be done. He probably won't notice.
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:55 am

It sure sounds like he wouldn't notice. I hope it gets done somehow! I don't know if there's anything like our county Animal Aid organization where you live, Bob. This organization covers 1/2 of the cost of spay/neuter surgery, and people can make payments through them to cover the surgeries. So, the kitties/doggies can get "fixed," and the people do not have to have the money up front. It really is a great organization.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:30 pm

I have a feeling if you spirited them away when Dave is busy with 'that woman' he wouldn't notice a thing. By the time he does notice not as many kits around, their fur will be all grown back so he couldn't tell who was done and who wasn't.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob on Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:04 pm

Sounds like a plan to me. I'll see what I can find out.
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:19 pm

man...the cat business in England must be different from here...selling kitties? esh!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:31 pm

jeanebellini wrote:man...the cat business in England must be different from here...selling kitties? esh!

Um, Jeane, check the classifieds in any US newspaper. Plenty of kittens for sale. Unless you were being ironic, in which case I retract this post.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:42 am

I've heard people say never to advertise free kittens in the paper, you never know what kind of person is going to take them. But if you advertise for sale, even if for only a couple dollars, you'll get folks who want furry family members, not experimental subjects..........or torture victims.

Please let us know if you plan on being a sneaky ninja here Bob.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:34 am

It's a strange thing, but when I got back from Liverpool yesterday (Thursday) I got the distinct impression that someone had been in my kitchen. I couldn't see anything out of place, but I just felt as though my 'animal senses' were tingling (a little like Spiderman when he senses danger and his Spidey senses take over).
It was only when I opened the knife drawer that I discovered that I had indeed had a little visitor. A reel of cotton was chewed and unravelled, two tubes of throat/cough sweets had been chewed and there were chewed up post it notes all over the drawer.
I have acqquired a mouse. One of the perils of living in the country is that field mice make the occassional incursion into houses. MIne was no exception.
I boiled a kettle of hot water and scalded every eating/cooking utensil in the drawer, took the liner out and poured boiling watewr over it and scrubbed everywhere.
I went under the sink and bleached the cupboards under there.
That, I thought, is that. No more visits from you, my furry little friend.
This morning, however, I let Pol and Pippa out onto the back paddock as usual, and as I came back into the kitchen I heard a scrabbling/nibbling sound.
Quick as a flash I pulled the drawer open and there was a field mouse, skipping between the trays amongst the cutlery. It shot over the back of the drawer and down into the cupboard below. I wrenched the doors open and as I moved some of the stuff about I heard a squeak and the little tyke scampered out and sat in the corner of the cupboard and the sink unit. I got a glass and popped it over him.
Now yesterday I was the great white hunter and I was going to remove the horrendous creature from this vale of tears one way or the other.
This morning I channelled 'Mr Softy, I love all creatures man'. One look at him sitting there cleaning his whiskers under the glass and I knew that there was no way the little guy was meeting his maker by my hand. (As he wasn't coughing I assume the cough sweets had worked their magic on him)
While the girls went about there business I walked around to the back of the barn and popped 'Whiskers' (yes, I named him) into the back of the horse trailer. There is a large ammount of straw in there and I'm hoping that he'll decide that it's a better place to live.
Then, oh joy, it was back to scalding all the knives, forks and spoons before scrubbing out the drawer again.
I took a couple of photographs of the fur faced one.

Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:58 pm

What a story! And he's SO cute! Oh, Bob, you did the right thing. I'm so glad your inner Mr. Softy got the better of you at the last minute. Poor little bugger, he was just looking for a warm winter home. Hopefully he'll accept the lovely straw mansion on offer in exchange for your (now beautifully clean) cutlery drawer. Very Happy
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum