Pol and Pippa update.

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pol and Pippa update.

Post by Bob on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:55 pm

Hi friends. I hardly know where to start. It's been so long since I posted anything on the Mutts site. I can't remember which photographs you have seen so I'll start with one of Pol and Pippa in January.

They often sleep like that even now when Pippa is as big as her mum.

They have been swimming in the lake this afternoon while Dave (Helen's husband) and myself spent backbreaking hours pulling up thistles.
This is my long legged beauty relaxing.

I'll take some more pics and get them posted as soon as I can.
Pippa and Pol just get on so well, playing together, fighting (in the nicest way of course), and sharing their toys. I am so glad I let my little princess have a litter. Just wish I could have kept another pup. Hey ho.

I took them to a place called Crook o' Lune. It's a site next to the river Lune in Lancashire which has some fabulous walks and of course the river. Pip took to swimming almost immediately so now it's difficult to get past water without her and her mum going in. Then of course there is the questionof who gets dried first. I think it should be Pol as she is senior. Pippa thinks differently and gets between me and Pol so that I end up with my pants totally soaked but on the plus side the dogs are dry.
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Re: Pol and Pippa update.

Post by WarriorNY on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:26 pm

Pippa is so big! She isn't even a year old yet.
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan A on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:41 pm

Wow. Miss Pippa does have some stems! Thanks for posting those Bob. I've been missing your news from across the pond.
Susan A
Mutts Fan-atic
Mutts Fan-atic

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob on Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:26 pm

WarriorNY wrote:Pippa is so big! She isn't even a year old yet.
She'll be 10 months old on the 20th of this month. I don't know where the time has gone.
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob on Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:35 pm

This is one of my favourite photos of Pol, Pippa and Belle (now named Ruby) on the settee.

and Pippa and Belle (sorry but she'll always be Belle to me. lol) in the barn

Pippa, Belle, Cassie (now Beth) and Danny (now named Eric) in the barn.

Eric came for a visit a couple of months ago. He has grown into a handsome lad. He sleeps with two cats on his mum's bed and (she confessed) he still has his drink of warm milk before bed.
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:37 pm

have any of the others got long legs like Pippa's? she looks like she could do agility jumping with those long legs;)

keep the pics coming even if they're ones we've seen its alwaYs good to get repeats:)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:14 pm

They are beautiful, Bob! I'm glad you posted the puppy pix too because that's how I still remember Pippa. I just refust to believe that they grow up so quickly. Smile
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:22 pm

So glad you made it in here Bob! I loved the update on Pol and Pippa. Can't see the pics though, guess some things never change online. Please, please, please.................more stories and pics!

Oh, are you still writing children's stories from time to time? I always enjoyed those too.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob on Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:55 pm

Thanks for the kind words about Pippa. I do have more pics and I'll post them as soon as possible.
As to the childrens stories Lori, I haven't really had time to concentrate on them at the moment. See update in the intro section.
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:06 pm

Ahhhhh..........I understand.

Could you please email me the pics as attachments so I can see them too? I believe you still have my addy.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:50 pm

I'm just stunned by how beautiful Pippa is! And, at less than a year, already a dog's dog. Bob, you chose her father well. And her mother chose you well, my dear.

It's really funny, I KNEW Pippa was a blonde girl from her father's side, but I was actually surprised to see that she wasn't her mom's sleek black. I guess I'm so used to Black Labs I was unconsciously thinking of Pip that way. It took me by surprise for about half a nanosecond, then the universe righted itself and I fell headlong in love!! Pippa is gorgeous!!!

But let this be a lesson to you, Bob. We must have constant pictures posted lest the universe tilt again. Twisted Evil
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob on Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:22 am

Thanks Suzzzz. She is beautiful isn't she. Now in the spirit of 'Are you totally mad Bob', I've decided to let Pol have another litter. I know this is absolutely ridiculous, but I really loved having the little tykes running all over the house. Will someone please talk me out of it.
And going from the sublime to the ridiculous my vet (well Pol and Pippas vet really) asked me if I was going to let Pippa have a litter as he thought she was close to the original breed standard and it would be a shame not to let her have one. Sheesh. I thought vets were supposed to talk you out of bringing more dogs into the world.
Here's a pic of Pippa and Belle awake.

and asleep together.

Hard to believe that two minutes before the photos were taken they were play fighting.
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:38 am

Think to yourself: do I have room for another pup since I KNOW I won't be able to resist keeping one? (shame you couldn't have kept Jack) Are the local shelters overflowing with deserving furkids that might not get a home because a pup of mine will take it's place? Can Pol handle having another litter? Or should Pippa be the one since she's younger and Pol could help her raise them? So many questions....................

Gotta see those pics.........
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:47 pm

I can only say, you are mad, Bob. With so much on your plate right now, you really want to do this?? Plus put Pol through that nasty dating ordeal again? And possibly end up with another pup as beautiful as Pippa..... oh. I just talked myself into a corner. Embarassed Okay, yes, but what about all the others that you don't keep? What homes can you find? And I can see it now, you're going to let Pippa have a litter, too, aren't you? Oh, my. *suze clutches her head*

My dear friend, you know how I feel about this, but you must do what you think best. Just be sure it's what's best for the dogs and pups (and their eventual pups) and not just for you and what you're needing right now in these unsettled times. Okay? Neutral
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob on Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:00 pm

Wise words Suzzzz. I know in ky heart of hearts that I don't want to put Pol through it again. I'll probably end up getting them both speyed. I have my little girl and her little girl so I'm happy for that.
Very Happy
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:29 pm

I probably don't need to add anything then. Laughing Pups are great, and if/when you want another, there's always going to be one who needs you.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat on Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:47 pm

I agree. While Pol was a good mom, the idea of "letting her" have another is probably putting words in her mouth, Bob! Just a guess on my part, but I think she may have chosen a different way of saying that...
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:17 pm

i'll let the three previous women speak for me...they had some very wise things to say.
i really was thinking pretty much the same thing. Bob..i don't know exactly what you're going through with helping out at the farm, but i do know how much taking care of someone AND a farm can take out of a person. the farm land, the critters there (and think about watching over the ones that seem to be hit by the wild critters) and the people.....its a your plate already,eh?
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:43 pm

I guess we're ganging up on you, Bob. Believe me, I understand the urge, especially now, to return to happier times when all was right with the world and Pol's pups were wreaking glorious havoc and showering you with silly puppy love! Hey, just hand me a cooing baby and I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat! Wink Truly, I get it. But, at least for now, it's probably best you hand the baby back until the time is right for all concerned. Enjoy your own two beautiful girls in the here and now, and trust the future to sort itself out. Sooner or later, it always does.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:35 pm

Wise words Suzzzz. I understand the longing for more silly puppy antics, the simple pleasures reminding you of happier times..............
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:45 pm

Bob, they are beauties!
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:20 am

Finally got to see the pics and video, on my sister's computer. Very cute kitties there, I just wanted to reach through the screen and hug them all!
I couldn't believe how big Pippa has gotten!
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:04 pm

Just got to look at the pics...how prescious jocolor !!
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:45 am

Aren't those lil black kittens adorable? And mom peeking over the hay to keep watch over them?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:35 pm

Hi all. Apologies for being away so long, but I have managed to get my computer up to the farm and thanks to the magic 'dongle' I can access the internet through the router in the house. Ahhhh. Aint technology wonderful. The news on Pipsqueak is that she has continued to grow and is now slightly bigger than Pol. But the biggest surprise of all is the kittens in the hay loft. They don't want to come out of there and have grown into a fine pair of cats. Both boys so I have named them Ant and Dec.
I'll post photgraphs as soon as I can.
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: