Moving Forward with Cancer

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Moving Forward with Cancer

Post by ARNIgal on Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:49 pm

Easter was alright! bounce Unfortunately I've been slapped by the common cold imported by one of my relatives from the great state of Ohio...the price I gotta pay if I want to hang out with the rest of humanity on my journey! Rolling Eyes At least my immune system is still taking care of things Smile
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:03 pm

UGH!!! Well snuggle in with a cat or two. Cures just about anything.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal on Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:48 pm

The cats are helping me to knock the cold out of my body. I thought I bought enough Puffs to get me thru the rest of my cold, but unfortunately I had to make a Puffs run this morning! Hopefully this cold will not delay my next chemo session on Wednesday.

Something else odd happened to me when I was grooming a mat off Envigado's chin about four weeks ago that I forgot to tell you all. I was sitting in the same position for no more than three minutes tops to get the mat of his neck. After that, I went to get up, and my left leg from mid thigh to toes had gone completely asleep. Everything on that leg came back gradually over the next week except the tapping motion in the foot which is still not back yet. At my next oncology appointment after the occurance, I told the doctor about this and was hoping he would tell me only how the chemo would affect my foot "coming back". Instead he ordered an MRI and a PET/CT scan to see if the cancer spread! affraid The scans were done a week ago last Tuesday and I'll get the results when I see my oncologist tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll just have freak temporary nerve damage!

In other news...my hair is completely gone! I got REALLY tired of cleaning up the bathroom every day, so I just shaved the rest of it off! Also, with the horrid static electricity in my hair, styling anything shy of a complete head of hair is nearly impossible!
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:24 am

ARNI, I am sending you big "No More Cancer" vibes! If it's any comfort, my leg did that for about a year after I broke my ankle. I think it was my brain not knowing how to deal with the new, "improved" foot.

I love your new do! Have you seen some of the absolutely cool hats they have for shiny heads? http://www.headcovers.com/headwear/hats-turbans/ Some of these even look like you could DIY if you have sewing skills. (I do not Smile )

Hang in there! We're rooting for you!
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:17 pm

Arni
still sending {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} and {{{{{{{{{{{{{{HEALING VIBES}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:31 pm

lovekitties wrote:Arni
still sending {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} and {{{{{{{{{{{{{{HEALING VIBES}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Hug Me too also, Arni.Hug
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:35 pm

(((((((((((((((((((((ULTRA STRONG HEALING VIBES)))))))))))))))))))))))))
I wonder if your hair will grow back in straight or curly? Or a different color?

Good kitties helping you get over that nasty cold. Smitten
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:17 pm

Well I'll go with the bad news before I spill the absolutely amazing news. The MRI along with the concurrent PET scan showed that I have lesions on the white matter of my brain. Both my Oncologist and the MRI report both said that the first possible cause of this is chemotherapy treatment, then migraines (which I've had in the past), prior trauma, etc. The MRI report also said that my signal (nerves) and circulatory functions appeared normal along with the rest of my brain. Also the MRI report recommended a follow-up MRI in three months to confirm the stability of my brain function...! Well, if I had a choice of normal chemo side effects, I'd have rather been hit by full blown nausea than this one!!! affraid Still, though he referred me to a Neurologist to watch for MS since my foot is not all the way "back" yet. That appointment is next Monday!! affraid

Now for the absolutely wonderful news!! The MRI and PET scan also indicated that the cancer had not spread and had completely disappeared from my liver. After examining my right breast, my Oncologist said that my original tumor had shrunk between 50%-60%!!! cheers cheers cheers This news comes after only two chemotherapy treatments...which even got a "this is amazing" from an Oncologist who has seen a lot of cancer. He even started talking about surgery without needing radiation cheers cheers cheers !!! Hopefully my noggin will pull through the next three chemo treatments! Wink
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat on Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:29 pm

Well, the good news is SO good that you get at very minimum one of these Singing in the Rain and one of these Rock On . I'm going to hope the bad news is not so bad. What would it mean to have chemo cause such lesions? That would be a permanent damage? As a migraine sufferer myself, I'm not fond of hearing that they can cause lesions either...
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:11 pm

That certainly is good news sunny .
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:41 pm

I'm so glad to hear that the cancer seems to be on its way out. And, I'm sending some more "get well" vibes for the brain. <<<>>>>
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:18 pm

I am so glad the tumor is shrinking! I just read last week that getting migraines with an aura can cause those lesions on your brain.....so maybe it's the headaches and not the chemo causing yours? My mom has a lesion on her MRI and she's never had cancer or chemo, but she has had aura-causing headaches for decades.

(((((((((((((((((((((((STRONG HEALING VIBES))))))))))))))))))))))))))) AND (((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:31 pm

I love the great news, !!!!!! and hoping that the lesions are not anything to worry about, or the foot thing
continyuing to send theose {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HEALING VIBES}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}] your way
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:34 pm

I've also been told by more than one person that Sheryl Crow had this side effect from chemo too...so I'm in good company. The appointment with the Neurologist is next Monday afternoon. I'll do a little research on the internet regarding this so I can have an informed conversation with him...but not until Monday morning...that's because I don't want to unearth any info that might make me sleepless! Laughing
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:38 pm

The internet can also be a wealth for frightening but useless
information.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire Flower on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:56 pm

That is GREAT news, Arni! I am so happy for you! cheers
Fire Flower
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:36 pm

ARNIgal wrote:I've also been told by more than one person that Sheryl Crow had this side effect from chemo too...so I'm in good company. The appointment with the Neurologist is next Monday afternoon. I'll do a little research on the internet regarding this so I can have an informed conversation with him...but not until Monday morning...that's because I don't want to unearth any info that might make me sleepless! Laughing

Good idea.......get your sleep. Hope all goes well with yout appointment and you get some more good news.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:29 pm

bad about the migraines but great about the other news! the liver is an amazing thing and can repair itself in a lot of cases;) i'm glad yours is on the mend!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:13 pm

Wondering how the appt went yesterday................hoping it yielded some good news......
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal on Fri May 03, 2013 4:43 pm

Wow...I'm so sorry that I have not been on here in so long. Judging from my posts, it looks like the last time I logged on was April 12th!! affraid

The appointment with the Neurologist didn't go as well as I would have liked...mostly because my common cold-related laryngitis was at its worst- that day ugh! So I couldn't get all the questions asked that I wanted to since I could barely even whisper. In short, the Neurologist is exploring the MS option first before looking into peroneal nerve damage. He ended up ordering two more MRI's, one of the back and one of the neck to see if the lesions are continuing down the neck. Those were done in the last week of April, so if I haven't heard anything by now, the results must not be horrible. Yes I was frustrated and annoyed at the appointment since I didn't have my voice or the use of my left foot so the Neurologist put me on an anti-depressant which is horrible since it makes me take two hour naps in the middle of the day! At the next appointment on May 22nd, I'm gonna ask if I can be taken off of it...I don't like sleeping that much in the middle of the day!!

Also, I've had another Oncology check-up and my Oncologist says the original tumor is up to 70% smaller! bounce cheers That's only after my first three chemo sessions. I just had chemo round #4 on Wednesday and the "loopies" have set in about a day early and I've enjoyed snuggling with the kitties...I think I'll do more of that now! Smile cat cat cat
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat on Fri May 03, 2013 5:31 pm

70% smaller is wonderful news! cheers
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri May 03, 2013 10:30 pm

Overall, it sounds like a pretty good report -- especially on the 70% tumor reduction. You really do amaze me with how well you deal with this. Thank you for giving us all hope and strength to face our much smaller problems. Smile
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon May 06, 2013 12:50 pm

If it's shrank that much can they remove it all now? Just wondering. That 70% is a pretty drastic improvement in size over what it was not so long ago.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal on Mon May 06, 2013 1:37 pm

That's probably why my Oncologist brought up surgery without mentioning radiation. I had heard that side effects of radiation are second and third degree burns... affraid However, if in the future, my Oncologist says I need to have that, then that is what I'll do! The last two Oncology appointments I've had, Dr. Katato even seems a touch surprised at the rate of the tumor reduction. The one downside is the pesky brain leasions...!?!! As far as symptoms go, I'm getting nothing regarding that. I am shocked that I wouldn't even know about them had I not been grooming that mat off of Envigado's chin...! confused
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Mon May 06, 2013 5:50 pm

so good to hear encouraging news.

Are you back i lansing, Arni?
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down