Story Game from the Old Forum

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Story Game from the Old Forum

Post by fiffur on Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:34 pm

Mouse was surprised and pleased at the house warming presents he received. He could tell that Creature was a little upset that he hadn't brought one. Mouse gently reminded him that the best present of all was his easy-to-do renovation plan for the basement that resulted in his new apartment. Mouse was already planning on a small get-together at his new home as soon as he was all settled in and the new bookstore was open.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:08 pm

Mouse thanked everyone for the presents and everyone cleaned up. At this point, everyone was tired and started to part ways. The next day, everyone was eager to finish the basement for Mouse. As people started to show up to work, the more determined everyone became to finish the job quickly as possible. No one realized how much was accomplished when lunch time came around.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:18 pm

"I can't believe it's all finished and ready to move in!" exclaimed the Shopowner and Mouse. It was amazing how fast they got things done. All that was needed now was to move Mouse's things in and put up some curtains and personal things like pictures on the wall. The Shopowner and Mouse made plans to move everything from the old house to this one that very afternoon. The new store was nearly ready to open for business, only needed the proper permits to hang on the wall which were nearly finished being processed at the City Hall.

"Since we are done so early, do we have any volunteers to help us move our things from the old house to this one?" the Old Professor asked, looking around at his students. Everyone nodded their heads and smiled. They were so revved up and excited. Many of them had made friends with Mouse, the Shopowner, the Old Man, and of course Dog, and wanted to help. Dog was so excited he nearly dropped his sandwich, tail wagging furiously.

"I want to help, I want to help!" Dog exclaimed, smiling from ear to ear. So everyone finished up their sack lunches and headed out in their various vehicles, following the Shopowners' van to the old house.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:50 pm

Everyone had quickly loaded the van and went back to the new house. Then the van was quickly unloaded. The shop owner's phone rang. It was the realtor. After the students left for the day, Mouse asked what the phone call was about. This got the attention of everyone else. "There was another offer on the old house and it's the highest so far. I did decide to take it and the old store sold finally. I just have the house left to deal with." said the shop owner. This got everyone excited. Dog asked, "Can we go to the restaurant for dinner? I'm sure no one wants to cook dinner tonight." Everyone agreed to this and met at the restaurant.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:58 pm

While they ate dinner they were discussing their plans for the immediate future. It was decided the new stores' grand opening would be the following Saturday. Everyone was tired so after dinner they all parted ways. The Shopowner was spending the night at the Old Man's home and Mouse was spending the night at his sisters' apartment down the street. They would start the unpacking at the new house the next morning after a good nights sleep.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:47 am

The next morning, the shop owner went to his house only to find a package at the front door. It was addressed from Dog and he didn't know how Dog got it here. He picked it up and went inside. After opening the box, he saw two smaller boxes. One for himself and one for Mouse. The box for Mouse was put in the basement and the shop owner went to open his. The shop owner was shocked and then started to laugh out loud.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:19 pm

In the box was a dvd player and several movies. The movie on top of the pile was "The Money Pit", there was also "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" among the others in the stack. The Shopowner couldn't help but laugh, remembering the plots of those movies. Dog had written a note that read: "Happy Housewarming. Thought you'd enjoy these. And be thankful all that's happened lately to you hasn't been like it was for these people in the movies!"

He could hear Mouse running water in his new bathroom downstairs..........it wouldn't be long before Mouse found his surprise from Dog.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:37 pm

Then there was a sudden yelp from downstairs. The shop owner decided to let Mouse come and tell him about the discovery. Mouse started to come upstairs and asked the shop owner to come see what Dog gave him. It wasn't long to see that there was a poster from an old animated movie that featured a mouse as a leading character. The shop owner laughed and told Mouse the basic plot of the movie.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:22 pm

"That's just perfect!" chuckled Mouse. "I must have Dog over for a movie night as soon as you get settled in too." The Shopowner then told Mouse about his surprise from Dog.

"Looks like we're getting our movie collection off to a good start." the Shopowner said. "And the library has quite a few too so we can borrow any movies we want as soon as we get a piece of mail with this address so we can get our library cards."

After breakfast, they unpacked quite a few boxes of the Shopowners things. After a short lunch break, they finished up unpacking and decided to go downtown to get some ice cream and check on the permits for the new store.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:23 pm

The permits were ready for the shop owner and they went to get ice cream. Then they went to the restaurant to let Sis and Creature know about the permits. Since they were still working, they didn't stay long. They went back to the house and Mouse wanted to plan a movie night. "I think we should invite our friends for this and thank them for all the help they have given us. It would be nice to have dinner or something to go with the movie." said the shop owner. "I agree with you." said Mouse. They made out all the details for the movie night.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:00 pm

They also made plans for opening the new store, complete with a Grand Opening doorprize drawing. The local newspaper wanted to do an article on the shop, a human interest type of story. Sis thought that was a great idea, and Creature thought it would generate a lot of interest (and potential customers). When Sis and Creature were done working for the day, they left with Mouse and the Shopowner. Sis showed them the way to the newspaper offices, to put in their Grand Opening ad and set up the interview appointment with the reporter.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:20 pm

As it turns out, the reporter was available right then and asked, "Do you want to do the interview right now? I have time." "I have time and can do it now." answered the shop owner. While the shop owner was being interviewed, the rest went to the break room to wait. Some time later, the shop owner came into the break room. "How did it go?" asked Creature. "It went better than I thought." replied the shop owner and he told them about the interview and when it will be in the paper.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:53 pm

"Let's swing past the Old Man's house and tell him the good news." said Mouse. "He could pass it on to the Old Professor."

"Good idea, and we can also invite them all to our little celebration get-together this weekend." said the Shopowner.

They all headed out to the Old Man's house. Along the way they say Marilyn and the Little Girl, so they filled them in on the good news too. "And you two are invited too, I insist." said Mouse
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:16 pm

"We will see what we can do." said Little Girl. The shop owner and Mouse quickly went to the Old Man's house and found him at home. Mouse told him all the news. The Old Man was excited and went to call the Old Professor. The Old Man came back to say, "The Old Professor will tell the students that have helped you so much. I'm glad things are going well."
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:34 pm

"They're invited too since they worked so hard to make this happen for us." said the Shopowner. "I think we may have to move the party into the yard and my livingroom so there's enough room for everyone though."

"I'm sure they won't mind that at all, as long as they can get the Grand Tour of Mouse's apartment and your house now that everything is unpacked. I'm sure they'd like to see it now that you're all moved in and settled." said the Old Man.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:05 pm

"I was planning on that anyway. It will be nice to see everyone again. We should head back since we are not done planning for the event." said Mouse. They left to go back and arrived the same time Sis did. "I found some things that may be yours from your childhood. I will let you decide what to do with them. I already looked at them and decided I don't want any of it." Sis said. Mouse took the box and went to the basement. The shop owner invited Sis to stay, but she declined.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:17 pm

"I really have to get home to bed, I have the early shift tomorrow morning." she said as she was heading towards the door. "I'll see you tomorrow sometime."

She left and Mouse sat on his new couch, starting to go through the things in the box. He was chuckling and smiling as he sorted, remembering all the happy times of his childhood. At the bottom of the box was a big photo album filled with old family pictures and memorabilia. Tired after such an exciting and long day, he left the things spread out on the coffee table and got ready for bed. He was asleep almost as soon as his head hit the pillow. He didn't even hear the Shopowner upstairs checking the doors before heading to bed himself.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:54 pm

The next day, Mouse woke up to the smell of food and went upstairs. The shop owner was fixing breakfast. After eating, Mouse went back to the basement to continue looking through the box Sis gave him. It was almost lunch when the Old Man showed up with Dog. They had brought lunch over. Mouse finally came back up to see the Old Man and Dog had come over. They got everything out for lunch and started to talk about the opening day for the new store.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:27 pm

Everyone was so excited about the store's opening, especially Dog. He wanted to be there sitting just outside the door, greeting everyone who came by. The Shopowner liked that idea, it should bring people inside to look around. It was agreed that the Old Man would bring Dog to the new store about an hour before it opened, so he could be dressed for the occasion. Mouse thought it would be cute to have Dog wear a white vest with a black bowtie, all spiffed up for the Grand Opening.

Sis, Creature, the Little Girl, and Marilyn stopped by the shopowner's new house and were quickly filled in on the store's opening day plans. Sis and Creature would try to get the day off at the restaurant, so they could be on hand to help out since they anticipated a very busy opening day.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:12 pm

The planning got everyone so excited that they forgot it was approaching dinner time. Dog managed to get outside to bring in a sack of drinks. Then Mouse noticed what time it was. The Old Man told everyone that dinner was on him and invited everyone to his house. After arriving at the Old Man's house, everyone helped to get dinner started.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:48 pm

Dinner took a long time to eat since everyone was so busy talking about the grand opening of the store. After dessert was finished, Mouse and Creature took the dishes into the kitchen to wash them. After making plans to meet at the new store for opening day, everyone went their separate ways for the night.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:14 pm

The next day, the shop owner woke up to loud scratching at the front door. It was Dog with the morning paper in his mouth. The shop owner took the paper and let Dog in. As the paper was being unfolded, there was a front page story about the new store. The shop owner had to sit down before reading it. Then Mouse came up and was shown the front page of the paper.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:13 pm

"Wow, I didn't know we'd be on the front page of the newspaper!" exclaimed Mouse. "I knew the interview went well and was quite lengthy. Didn't figure on the new store being big news for this town."

"Guess we're going to be busier than we thought on our first day Mouse. We better get all the extra help we can get for the first week. Think your sister and Creature would be interested in helping out when they're not busy working at the restaurant?" the Shopowner asked.

"I don't see why not. Even the Old Man and I would gladly help!" said Dog, wagging his tail furiously. "It should be great fun!"
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:06 pm

Then the shop owner's phone rang. He answered to find out it was the Old Professor. When the shop owner got off the phone he said, "Some of the students can help on opening day since they have a few hours to spare. Even the Old Professor doesn't have classes to teach that day and he is going to help to." This got everyone more excited.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:33 pm

"We should plan a nice dinner after the store closes. I know everyone will be tired from helping all day, and hungry too. We'll be lucky if we can take breaks for lunch! I hear a lot of people on the street talking about the newspaper article." said Mouse.

"Good idea, I wonder if the restaurant will give me my frequent customer discount to cater something." mused the shopowner. "Maybe even some light refreshments for the Grand Opening itself too."
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum