Little Bear

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Little Bear

Post by fiffur on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:08 pm

I first heard about this little guy from Becky. (he looks amazingly like our late Fiffur) He's got deformed front legs that need surgery, which is scheduled for next August from what I read online. (had to use the computer at mom's building to see it) Anyway, long story short.....I sent 50 schmice for her to sell to raise money towards the surgery. Today I found out they sold so fast she wants more........they were very popular. She's also asking folks for donations of other stuff to sell to raise money for the surgery.
Here's the video of Little Bear playing with one of my schmouse toys: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200162536848097
The rest of his story is on Facebook if anyone is interested in learning more, or want to help him. www.facebook.com/deformedkitten http://www.gofundme.com/littlebear http://www.catster.com/lifestyle/cat-video-little-bear-kitten-disabled
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Re: Little Bear

Post by gbste on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:13 pm

I have been following Little Bear's story each day. He's such a nice kitty, and I'm glad he's getting a chance to walk and run. (I saw those scmousies. I didn't know you made them--very nice.)
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Becky thought since her kitties loved them so much that they'd be good for raising money for Little Bear's surgery. They're durable too, just ask Gateway and Petie!
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:55 pm

Or Weezer! Wait, that's not even true. The Fiffur Shmouse I bought years ago (could it have been on Etsy?) was meant for Weezer but ended up being the very first toy my late love, dear little Daisy the WonderBeagle ever played with in her life. It opened a door for her she'd never known before. I'm thrilled Little Bear has a Fiffur Shmouse to play with (look at him go!) and would buy a dozen for Weezer, given the chance. Better get to work, Fif! Razz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:11 pm

Little Bear won a contest to be on the cover of Modern Cat magazine. I'm not sure when he gets his picture made, but it will be cool to see him advertising against breeding animals to be deformed.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:40 pm

Suzzzz....that schmouse you bought came from craftersforcritters.com and helped animal rescues. I've never had pic capability to sell schmice on etsy, though I suspect they'd be very popular there if I did.
****Busy making schmice for Little Bears' cause****
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:30 pm

Of course, Crafters for Critters! Thanks, Fif. Funny --- that little orange shmouse MUST be in this house somewhere but I haven't seen it in years. Kinda like Weezer's current toys which she can zap into another dimension after 2 minutes of play. Question Question Question
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:24 pm

Gateway, GK, and Petie seem to have done the same with their orange schmouse. It was right by my chair last week, and now I can't find it anywhere.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:25 pm

Just a few words from Tat and Caddy Jim - We also had two mousies from Fiffur - a green one and an orange one. Caddy Jim managed to look the "other way" many months ago, and uh-oh scratch the orange mousie DISAPPEARED - couldn't find it ANYWHERE study - I have some others made by an another friend - only one is a favorite of Tat cat - her other favorite is the remaining Fiffur greenie - I've given up trying to find the orange one - How do cats manage to send things off to another dimension??

Caddy Jim :soapbos: and Tat lol!
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:38 pm

I don't know but Bij has managed to send a little stuffed duck there. Nearly ready to ship off that batch of schmice for Little Bear.....just need to find some money for the postage.....this paycheck is a short one since the kids had two days off and I didn't have one coming for the previous pay period.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:09 pm

Will be mailing those toys out on Monday, so anybody who wants to order them from Allie can in about a week. Very Happy
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:18 pm

I feel horrible.....I have the toys done but no money for the postage so they're not mailed in yet...... Embarassed
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:50 pm

She should have the batch of toys now.....so order away!
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:40 pm

I believe that the picture I saw on Facebook must be the very schmice you sent. They are gorgeous!
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:03 pm

They are awesome kitty toys. All the kitties here (including Petie) endorse them. Smile
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:07 pm

Wish I could get on facebook and see that pic.....and find out how much she's raised towards his surgery at this point.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:29 pm

How close is he to raising enough money for his surgery now? Just wondering.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:44 pm

I haven't seen any more sales on FB, so I think he might be there. I know Allie said he's scheduled for surgery in the spring, so I guess he's there. Smile
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:30 pm

I hope it goes smoothly and is successful. I'd love to see more videos of him playing again after he recovers.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:45 am

Little Bear had surgery on one leg yesterday. His owner, Allie, is going to visit him today. All reports on FB are good so far. He will have surgery on the other leg in about 6 weeks if all goes as planned.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:27 pm

Thanks for the updates and the emailed pics........glad to hear he's doing well and is home again with his beloved meowmy. I have a feeling he will learn very fast how to use his new legs when all this is said and done. I sure hope she posts another video of Little Bear playing with a schmouse, so we can see how his style changed along with his legs.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum