Lumpy Envoy

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Lumpy Envoy

Post by fiffur on Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:53 am

I'm glad you managed to get the tire changed and nobody was the worse for wear, except the tire and the trailer that is. Did Envoy even really notice all the drama going on during his ride home?

If there'd been a shoulder on the road to pull off immediately after it went flat, you might've been able to salvage that tire and prevent the fender light damage. Next time they have a city/county meeting bring up the subject of needing shoulders on the road in case of car problems. Otherwise you and your vehicle would be in danger of being hit and blocking the road for other drivers. Good enough reason to put in shoulders, don't you agree?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:52 pm

I'm sure Envoy noticed the really bad ride up to the pulloff. He is a good trailer rider, so there were no fireworks over that. He was a but snuffy when I checked at first. But, I put his spilled hay in the bag and he settled in to munching.

I very seriously doubt that we will get shoulders on the country roads. We are OUT THERE in east coast world. It's like the roads through farm land in the midwest. If you want to pull off, you just drive on the grass. Unfortunately, here in flood land, the sides of the roads are dedicated to retention ditches. These keep water off the roads. Shoulders would mean that the ditches would be that much farther from the driving part of the road. The part of the road I was on was twisty and had trees right up to the ditches. Shoulders would be dangerous there just because of the blind corners. Anyone pulled off the road might get it from people over steering. It's just not a very safe part of the drive. Better to limp to the pulloff area. One dead tire isn't such a bad thing. The light is pretty inexpensive too.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:22 pm

Glad everything was fixable and Envoy was a gentleman.
I've had some pretty hairy episodes over the years with
truck and trailers going down while on the road.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:09 am

Was the rim damaged by driving on it so far? If you shredded the tire, the rim will have some damage. Hopefully not so much it can't be buffed out.

Good thing Envoy is so good at being trailered. He probably believes nearly anything can be fixed with a good snack.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:08 am

Good thing is that trailer rims are made to be abused. They are solid steel and hold up to lots of bad stuff. The hub cover wasn't damaged at all, so I think things will be ok. The trailer is at the repair place now getting all fixed up.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:59 am

How long before it's back in commission? I know you don't want to lose out on any riding time with the weather so nice lately.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:58 pm

I should pick it up tomorrow or Friday. It needed 4 new tires. The one that died obviously needed to be replaced, but the others were in bad shape too. One was good enough to save as a spare. It makes me mad that the one I bought in January is bad already. $100 down the pooper. I plan to go to the tire place and let them know that I don't appreciate being ripped off.

But, the trailer should be ready to go for the weekend. Yippee!
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:30 am

Wow, that tire shouldn't have gotten bad that soon!
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:09 pm

I got great news today. The trailer is ready and it cost $200 less than I thought it would. It's still more than I wanted to spend, but now it's all fixed up. Ready to roll so to speak. I'll pick it up tomorrow so I have it for the weekend.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:34 pm

Great news Becky, don't you just love it when
things like that cost less than expected.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:07 pm

Yes, that was a lucky break of a sort. Hope the weather cooperates so you can use it this weekend.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:18 pm

The weather is supposed to be glorious. I'm looking forward to nice riding. The flies won't be too bad if it doesn't get hot.

The trailer towed SO much better with its new tires. It looks almost new (except for the dirt). Now, I feel like I should give it a bath this weekend -- quick before winter gets here.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:13 pm

Will it look totally new with a bath?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:00 pm

Not quite. It has some faded paint on the roof (from driving on salty roads and sitting in the sun) and a few bangs and scrapes from being a trailer. But, overall, it's in good shape. The paint on the body is nice and shiny when it's clean, and the wheels get good and clean too. I just need to bring it to one of those car wash places where you drive in and use the big hoses to wash. I can't reach the top even with a step ladder, so I need to get one of those brushes on a stick and the hoses help to rinse well.

Envoy had fun today. The breeze was blowing and the temperatures were great. We rode around for about an hour. He had a funny spook when a big frog/toad came jumping out of the grass. I think he thought, "OMG! A jumping poo!!!" He just stopped and stared.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:28 pm

aas long as the floor boards are in good shape
it really doesn't matter what the outside looks
like.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:08 am

Floor is in great shape. The front of the trailer has a ding from me over steering while backing up when I first got my truck. Big truck bumpers and aluminum trailer skin don't play well together. It's just missing paint, but I am still annoyed at myself for it. That's about the only cosmetic problem. Structurally, the trailer is in almost new condition.

We went for a ride in the trailer yesterday. It tows so much better with the new tires. I even got better mileage. Envoy didn't seem as stressed by a rough ride either.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:12 pm

Had to laugh at the visual of 'jumping poo.........' hehehehehe

Glad to hear it's structurally sound and still in great shape. Not surprised the paint faded in the sun. I'm sure Envoy doesn't care what it looks like as long as it's comfy and smooth sailing going down the road.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum