My journey to better health

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: My journey to better health

Post by Sue Short on Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:34 pm

Sounds like you had incredible care. Glad you're home, rest take it easy. It will take time for your body to heal. And I happen to like bad pennies by the way.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire Flower on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:41 pm

Lori, I am glad you are home and safe. Hug
Fire Flower
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:39 pm

I am going stir crazy!  Not allowed to drive while on the anti-seizure meds given as a precaution.  AARRGGHH!  I have shin splints from all the walking I'm doing.  Taking short naps in the mid to late afternoon, otherwise I'm completely back to normal already (except for the staples running the length of my head).  Thank heavens those come out next Monday.  They itch and hurt a bit to lay on.

In case you're interested: This is very similar to what I've heard in both ears my entire life only what I hear is higher pitched yet than this and been hearing it since at least the age of 4 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEdz5Qx0Otg Sometimes it sounds like someone playing with a volume knob going up and down too but it is constant.

I found this online and this sounds a great deal like what I'm hearing in my right ear since the surgery, (on top of the usual tinnitus) only the background is more like water constantly running with the whoosh louder on top of that (Jessica's Whoosh clip): http://whooshers.com/whooshersounds.html

fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:11 pm

Shocked That must be making you crazy.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:24 pm

I'm more or less used to the cicada sound since I have heard that all my life. I was around 16 when I found out not everyone heard that in their head.
The whoosh is new though so I need a second fan running to drown it out so I can sleep. Otherwise it would drive me nuts!
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:44 pm

I am now thoroughly p*ssed off at my crapsurance company! I came home today after having 25 staples removed from my head to a letter "denied claim" for the entire hospitalization and the craniotomy that was done! As if this condition would magically get better on it's own without medical intervention. How stupid do they think I am? I have a twice tested IQ of 129, which I daresay is more than a few points higher than anyone who works at the crapsurance company offices.

Anybody know how badly I want to reach through the phone to the "closed for the day" crapsurance company and strangle a few a$$holes who know NOTHING about life-threatening conditions?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:18 pm

My sister told my mom in front of me Sunday that she prayed I'd have "an emergency on the table" so I'd become a "moral, decent, grateful person".

I didn't know until yesterday how close she came to having her wish: my uncle let it slip that the surgeon told him and mom immediately after my surgery that the DAVM was on the verge of rupturing. I would be dead now if I had delayed that surgery even a few days.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:07 pm

Shocked Holy cow! Glad they got it in time.

As for crapsurance, coordinate with the hospital's billing department. Many times, they can help push things through. The surgeon's office should also be able to help. I don't know if your surgeon works for the hospital or if he/she bills on his(er) own.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:46 pm

The nurse emailed me and said since I am on Medicaid I won't get billed no matter what. They are appealing the crapsurances' decision and I'm sure they'll change their mind. After all, having a DAVM ready to burst taken out IS necessary surgery. Think of the cost of years and years of rehab if it had burst and I survived..........

I am glad they got it in time too. I will be here to greet my new great-nephew when he's born in December. Haven't held a baby since his mom was one herself.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:28 pm

I'm weird. I'm actually kind of scared to hold babies. Smile
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:40 am

It's easy, just hold them close like you would a purring kitty.

So far so good but I did bump my head this morning getting in the car and heard something crack. Going to the doc in town to see if they want to take a look just in case.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:00 pm

Nope. I'll just avoid babies. I know how to hold them and did it plenty when I was growing up. My friends' kids are all growing up now, and I don't have any younger relatives, so I'll just observe from a distance. Smile

Ouch! Hope everything's ok.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: