the big c finally caught up with me

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: the big c finally caught up with me

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:41 am

actually the hospital isn't that hard for me to sleep in...well, unless i have a wacko roommate. the first time i was in i had a woman who was like 90 and had to use a bedpan and had to use it like every hour i think. plus her machines kept beeping! THAT kept me up. the last time i was in i was right across from the work station and it was noisey AND there was a lady down the hall who screamed at least three times a day like they were ripping her guts out! BUT i still slept better there than i do here!
there's no dogs barking at 3:00 or 4:00am no people screaming at each other or cooking or making coffee ( cooking and coffee smells keep me awake as much as the caffiene in the coffee would for some reason..i think its because i tend to always be hungry OR they are cooking hamburgers for the dogs and i haven't had beef in years...well at some point..i've had a couple handburgers this year before i got sick).
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:09 pm

got the dates noted, Jeane, and will keep up the Good luck and healing vibes
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:57 pm

Here's hoping all went smoothly and the cancer is all taken care of now.....and that Jeane's recovery will be fast and troublefree. **praying** Hug
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:48 pm

Anyone hear from Jeane? Is she okay, did they do the surgery? **worried**
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:49 pm

She goes in hospital tomorrow, with surgery I believe on Tuesday.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:38 pm

Wishing JB the best of luck in her upcoming surgery and hospital stay! Keep us posted if you can.
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://bluecat1105.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:49 pm

I will.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:47 am

yeah i will be waiting for a call from the hospital tomorrow..they'll call when they have a bed ready. t hen i just have to get together and get up there. Mon is testing and probably draining more fluid and i'm due for surgery around 8:30 am Tues.
don't know when i'll be going home. people who have had kids or have had the basic surgery go home that day or the next day. but the last liver doc i saw said that i might be there longer cuz they have to carefully watch me and make sure i don't get an infection.
I figure the earliest i'll be out is Weds...or Thurs. BUt we'll see.
I'mt rying to get everyting done and ready and there won't be a reason for anyone to come down here and touch anything but we'll see.
got most of the big stuff done...i need to make the bed (cats keep peeing on it and i have to wash everything on it but the pillows every week to 10 days ..esh!)and finish a story i have for someone...and get my bag ready etc. but the clothes are washed, and all but a couple dishes are washed....the MP3 is charged, the cell is charged...i need to make a list and make sure i have eyverhintg..

so..all being well i should be able to write again next weekend. But i always have the idea in my head that you never know what will happen when you go under the knife...even if the 'knife' doesn't cut too much..they're supposed to be doing some sort of robotic thing which sounds like they'll go through the same way they would to deliver a baby....but take everyting with it;) does that make sense? its less evasive than cutting through the stomach muscles etc. and less chance hopefully of infection...i think one of the biggest scariest things..beyond the fact once they'r ein there they could see it went farther than they thought or into the nodes etc is the chance of infection. Due to my liver problem getting an infection like that could killl me...no joke. no dramatics....every doctor that i've gone to has told me the same thing.
but i'm trying not to worry about that...too much.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:48 am

oh and i'm going to do my best to keep a couple folks who are online informed so people will at least know the basics. i wish i could get to a computer but even when there are computer to use i never am able to get to them. i don't think they'd let me out of the room hooked up to machines and IVs!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:06 pm

Maybe not but they might bring you in a laptop to use if you ask, and if they have wi-fi throughtout the place. Will be thinking and praying all goes well with the surgery, that it hasn't gone any further. Please keep us posted if you can. Even my mom is thinking of you Jeane.
((((((((((((((STRONG GOOD LUCK AND HEALING VIBES)))))))))))))))))))
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:19 pm

all our best wishes and healing vibes are with you, Jeane
Good luck
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:05 pm

Just thought I would bring this topic up. Spoke with Jeane, tonight, The connection
was horrendous. Despite the connection, she sound good a bit bored and she doesn't
have enough pillows if I understood her correctly to get comfortable. I will try to call
tomorrow afternoon.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:06 am

thanks for the update, Sue
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:59 pm

Yes, thanks so much Sue. Please let Jeane know we're thinking about and praying for her speedy recovery!
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:51 pm

Tried to talk to Jeane, again today Connection was like I was talking to someone on
Mars. From what I could barely hear she sounds fine but right now I have no other
details.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:23 pm

I'm just hoping and praying they got it all........
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:01 pm

Sue Short wrote:

Tried to talk to Jeane, again today Connection was like I was talking to someone on
Mars. From what I could barely hear she sounds fine but right now I have no other
details.
Is it because she's using a cell phone? Couldn't you get the room number and call that one?
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://bluecat1105.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:20 pm

I was calling the land line. I did see her on line this afternoon and
will pm her the next time I'm on FB.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:00 am

Glad she can get online there. For all the money they charge people in the hospital, the least they can do is allow them some contact with their friends. I'll send her a PM too.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:52 pm

She told me on facebook that she is home. can't sit too long a time on her hard chair.
I'll try to get more info
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:53 pm

I'm worried: did they get all the cancer? Who's taking care of Jeane while she recuperates? I hope she isn't alone trying to do for herself and the kitties without help.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotiel on Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:35 pm

Oh, Jeane, this was horrible to read. I hope you're getting better at last.
Lotiel
Mutts Fan
Mutts Fan

http://journal.lotiel.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:22 pm

She mentioned something about pain meds today. I just read it in passing
so I don't want to say anymore.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:30 am

well the phone was the same no matter what...there was nothing they could do about it. i know people are getting mad at me cuz i could hear them and they couldn't hear me and wanted me to get it fixed...but there was nothing to fix. its that way all over the hospital. IF i had brought my phone charger my cell was a bit better but the calls would have to have been very short because i pay like 25cents a minute.

i was in for 6 days...was supposed to go home Weds morning but due to my liver the anthesia wasn't getting out of me like a normal person and the pain meds were making me sick. i spent almost 5 of the 6 days on a clear liquid diet so my magnesium was so low when i was about to be released i had to stay 5 hrs longer so get 4 iv bags of this mix they had to make me.

they say they got it al..and they should cuz they took everything out that was in there.

next tues i see my two docs in hackensack and weds i see the gastro doc here.
i hope and pray i can get one of them to write a letter to the disability place at corporate to tell them the hernia operation i had was due to the ascites i had april-aug. and not work related. the odd ball surgeon i had ..when they finally got something from him....told them it was work related and they want me to try to get workmans' comp....i would NEVER get workman's comp.'
i can't afford t lose or have to pay hback two month's pay. i dont know how that works. but by the end of this month almost all the money in the bank will be gone.
i go back to work....supposedly in 6 wks. i was kinda hoping for longer but i';ll take what i can get.

and yeah....its hard to sit at the computer...there's only one place i do anyting with it and still stay connected and its at a desk taht isn't meant for computers (its an old work desk and the metal drawer hits me from bellybutton to well....underf the boobs. so that hurts...and the hard chair hurts. its that and the bed...both places i'm pretty hunched over.
i kept thinking i could get a chair ...even jhust a comfprtable desk chair...but once again, when i came home from the hospital..like within an hour...all hell broke lose.
was told i should go back to MI (i know i told you about my cousin who just died there) or i should jump off the bridge two blocks over into the reservoir. gthat reservior looks mighty good most days..
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:13 pm

OhThankGod it hadn't spread and they got it all! My mom and I have been so worried about that since this surgery was postponed for a while. After six weeks your insides should be healed well enough for light duty work, but not for heavy lifting or stretching. Might want to get a note from the doc for that too so your boss won't have you lifting heavy boxes or stretching too far reaching for stuff. Hope your pain meds are doing their job well. Are the kitties being good little nurses for you?

Not surprised much about the liver affecting the anesthetic leaving.....same thing happened to Fiffur after his teeth cleaning. That's when we learned the liver and kidneys filter anesthetic out of your body so if either is flunky you'll have problems.

As for the folllowing: "once again, when i came home from the hospital..like within an hour...all hell broke lose.
was told i should go back to MI (i know i told you about my cousin who just died there) or i should jump off the bridge two blocks over into the reservoir. gthat reservior looks mighty good most days.." Was that the people upstairs? (they make me so mad I could spit nails and knock them into next week for how they treat you!) They should be grateful you're still alive, where else would they find someone like you to rent part of the dark cold basement, take care of the kitties which are technically theirs, put up with their crap, and lend them money? And please don't even look at the reservoir.....even if they don't appreciate you we here do and we still love you. Besides, how the hell do they think you'd even be able to afford to move, much less find another job in this economy? Sheesh, there's no accounting for how some people's children behave.........

Please keep us posted when you feel up to it Jeane. ((((((((((((((((((HUGS AND HEALING VIBES))))))))))))))))))
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum