my apartment complex

View previous topic View next topic Go down

my apartment complex

Post by fiffur on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:34 pm

made the local news...... http://www.beloitdailynews.com/news/a-smelly-problem-garbage-piles-up-at-rockton-apartments/article_3f69ab72-c135-11e1-ade6-0019bb2963f4.html Too bad they didn't include a pic, I have a few in my phone from last week but they don't do it justice; it was twice as bad when they finally wrote about it.

Now they want us tenants to buy our own huge wheeled trash cans and haul them to the curb every week. I can't afford it, and don't need one nearly that big anyway. I only generate maybe half a plastic grocery bagful in a week. Wish my sis would let me just put it in her bin but she says no. My mom's building won't let me either, and if I put it elsewhere (public or business bins) I'd get in trouble.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Re: my apartment complex

Post by Suzzzz on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:43 pm

I know what you mean, Fif. My wheelie bin goes out to the street every Friday, but there's nothing much in it. I admit I sometimes skip the trip in winter when the garbage is outside in the cold and can keep another week. tongue But not in this weather!

Sounds to me like this is a fight between your town and your landlord. I realise you're caught in the middle, but that business about making people move out and not allowing apartments to be rented is a pressure tactic on the town's part to get the landlord to shape up. In the meantime, it sounds like the town is willing to put y'all on their garbage pickup route (an expense for them) if you guys will buy the wheelie bins. Mine was initially provided by the town but when it need to be replaced a few years ago, it was my nickle. At first I was incensed, but then I figured, fair enough for regular garbage pickup.

Just asking, how much do they want for a bin? I think mine was $50.

And, also just to ask, could you take your little bits of trash to your Mom's when you visit every day and just tip them into her can under the sink?
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:10 pm

we have garbage pick up twice a week, paid for by the city, but we have to provide our own garbage cans, bags, etc.
they also have trash cans on most street corners (not residential, but mercantile, )but that is supposed to be used for actual litter, to keep people from just throwing it on the street. Of course most of them are pigs and can't be bothered to hold on to their junk for the few extra steps it would take to put it in the can, and then they have the other pigs who throw their household trash in to the street bins because they don't want to hold it for pick up.
stores are supposed to hire someone to take their trash, but sometimes they cheat and try to put it out with the regular garbage pick up. We have losts of stores with apartmetns above them.

lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:26 pm

I wish I could give Fif the dumb wheeled cart that's been sitting out in front of my house since last Thursday. My village changed recycle collectors, and the old one missed my house in the pickup schedule. I can only hope they collect it this week.
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:55 pm

So far I've been able to smuggle my lil bag of garbage over to my sis' or someone elses' not full can the night before garbage pickup. My complex's managers have been bringing in the tenants trash into their garage overnight since the critters were still getting into the bags/bins we had. Can't blame the wildlife, they had nearly two months to get used to coming here for a latenight dinner.

The fight is between the building's owner and the village, the managers are trying but have no say in matters much. They had no place for their garbage either, and when our water and electric were almost cut off they'd have been doing without just like the rest of us. Not mowing the lawn or cleaning the halls is however their job and they've been slacking off on that. HUGE HUD inspection in two weeks, that will decide if we get to stay or have to go. If we don't pass, they'll yank our funding and none of my neighbors or I can afford to stay without that funding. I've already let the village hall (technically my coworkers) know if they shut it down I will be homeless. At least I won't lose my job over it, I point blank asked them about that.

Also found out we made the local tv news too: www.wift.com/home/headlines/Tenants_Say_Landlord_Wont_Pay_for_Garbage_Pick-Up_160888995.html They interviewed my downstairs neighbor.
The shot they showed of the garbage area does NOT do it justice! I have pics on my phone that show it pretty well, if anyone has pic capability on theirs and wants to see it just let me know.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum