Our pup Walt

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Our pup Walt

Post by BobCat on Wed May 09, 2012 9:45 am

I agree. My Lyra is a similar puzzle. She can be such a good, sweet girl, and then there are times when she puts Argo in her place in no uncertain terms, and for very little reason that I can tell. She also gave Bobby the what-for recently with a vengeance! I missed what he might have done to deserve that, but she was one pissed off little girl! We had to separate her from him because she did NOT want to give up. She was so mad she was shaking, and she's not a trembler. And then there are times when she loves Bobby... Go figure.
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://bluecat1105.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste on Wed May 09, 2012 1:56 pm

I really don't know what set Abby off. Walt was lying on the stoop chewing on a stick, and he made no move whatsoever to even stand up. She grabbed him by the neck. Luckily for Walt, she's missing several teeth, but the poor little guy was really scared. I had to pick her up by her scruff and smack her on the snout several times to get her to let go. She was pretty good yesterday--kept looking at us for permission to even play with Walt--and we allowed her to do so, but when things looked even a little bit like she was getting over excited we made her stop. We probably trusted her too much too soon.

Walt goes in to the vet tomorrow to be neutered, so that will be a big milestone for him.
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Wed May 09, 2012 8:44 pm

Whatever it was, I'm glad you made it clear it would not be tolerated. I'm a firm believer in letting the furs work out their own hierarchy, but we still occasionally have to remind them that we're the leaders of the pack, and will keep the family peace.

Good thoughts for Walt for his procedure! Smitten
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed May 09, 2012 10:08 pm

I agree with Suzzzz. It's always good to remind our fur kids when they get a bit too rambunctious.

Hugs to Walt and wishes for a speedy recovery. May he be running comfortably soon!
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste on Wed May 09, 2012 10:25 pm

Walt's going to a vet that the rescue uses a lot. They are more up to date with their anesthesia and the animals all recover very quickly. By the time we pick him up in the afternoon, he'll be over the whole ordeal. Missing his breakfast will cause him more trauma than the surgery, I'm afraid. What a little foodie!
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu May 10, 2012 11:32 am

Aren't they all lil foodies? (((((((((SPEEDY RECOVERY vibes)))))))))) for Walt. Maybe that attack was Abby having a "hormonal moment"? Or just another reminder "I'm top dog around here"?

I am glad you made it abundantly clear that mistreatment of Walt would not be tolerated, and ultimately YOU are top dog.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Thu May 10, 2012 8:51 pm

Never knew a Lab that wasn't a foodie! My condolences to Walt that he had to skip breakfast, poor darling. There may be worse in store, though. He will probably have to endure the *dramatic music* Dreaded Cone!! affraid

Do let us know how he does, gbste. Sending him (((soothing thoughts))) tonight.

Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste on Thu May 10, 2012 9:37 pm

Walt is home, cone free, and sleeping soundly in his crate. He was okayed to eat his usual supper, he played in his outdoor kennel, and then came inside. He and Skippy did victory laps around the coffee table, and then he went down for a nap. It's been a long day.

Walt weighed in this morning at 25 pounds: five more than he weighed when he had the tummy trouble a couple of weeks ago, so he's growing apace.
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Fri May 11, 2012 8:35 pm

Lol! Such a good Walt report!!
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri May 11, 2012 9:53 pm

Good news. It sounds like he hardly realizes anything is different. I love you
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste on Fri May 11, 2012 10:32 pm

He was much more upset about missing his breakfast than he was about the surgery. The vet did a great job, and he came home ready for his supper and his toys.

Walt really loves tennis balls. He and Kevin are working on a game. Kevin rolls a tennis ball to Walt, and Walt catches it and rolls it back to Kevin. It's fun to watch them workin' that one.
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat May 12, 2012 12:06 pm

So happy to hear Walt is recovering soooo well. I imagine he made up for that missed breakfast with an extra large dinner? Oh, and that game sounds so cute.

Our late Fiffur used to play a version of that with anyone who'd play.....roll the ball to him, he'd catch it and manipulate it with all four paws until he was satisfied, then he'd roll it back to you. My nephew thought it was wonderful that grandma's cat would play catch with him like that.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sat May 12, 2012 8:07 pm

So funny, Walt playing catch with Kevin! Laughing And Fiffur! cat
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon May 14, 2012 12:13 pm

Fif was a special cat...........rescued off the street literally at the age of 3. We even had to teach him how to play, then he got creative on his own.

Sounds like Walt is going to be a special pup, and creative too.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum