Petie

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Petie

Post by bpaquet on Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:54 pm

Hi, fellow mousers. My meowmy took me to the VET today. I am feeling fine, so I don't know why I had to go. She put me in a bag and drove me in the car. She even made me go to something called the Post Office. It turns out that I am pretty healthy for a 15 year old kitty. I have a couple of broken teeth, which I used on Dr. Mike when he tried to clean them. I also have an infection in my liver which is making me use the litter box more than normal. Dr. Mike gave me some pills, so I should get better in the next month or so. If the pills don't work, I have to try a different therapy since the liver problem can be caused by two different things that require two different treatments.

I am very grumpy tonight because I had to go through all of that. And, I have fleas! My meowmy bought some stuff to take care of those, but how could they be on me NOW? It is winter. Meowmy turned on the heating pad, and I think I'm going to lie down for a while. It usually makes me less grumpy.

Petie's mom here. Petie might have a bacterial hepatitis or he might have hepatitis caused by an autoimmune problem. It isn't anything terribly serious, and he probably doesn't feel too terrible. It is something older kitties can get easily. He is on antibiotics for 4 weeks and then he goes back for more blood work. If he's getting better, he will probably continue the pills for 2 more weeks. If he isn't better, he will get cortisone to boost his immune system. Unfortunately, the cortisone interferes with the antibiotics, so we have to try those first and can't treat both possibilities at the same time.

bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Re: Petie

Post by Sue Short on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:33 am

Hi Petie, sorry to hear that you had to go to the V*t. I'm glad you are healthy and tried to snack
on the V*t. Meowmy says it's rude and tacky to do that. I hissed at Dr. Izzy when I was seeing him. Fleas
have been terrible this year, Meowmy says it's because the weather has been so mild. What's a heating pad?
We have throws and quilts. I have my own special nap mat. Tia Jeane made that for me. Anyway sleep well and
may Bast send you wonderful dreams. Antonio

(((((((HEALING AND RESTFUL VIBES))))))))))) Petie
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:47 am

Petie, I'm so proud that you fought back with your remaining teeth! Rock On
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:08 pm

Hey Petie, you're just lucky you got the chance to get some of your own back with Dr. Mike. My Dr. D figured out a long time ago to gas me so I couldn't maul him while he does my dentals. Curse that man. But I must admit he's a worthy adversary who doesn't take any crap from me. I respect him for that. (And don't tell, but I actually kinda like him.)

I've had lots of toof probs in these last few years (you and I are much the same age) and Dr. D says they can lead to internal infections, so I hope your fixed teefs + meds will clear that up. Sorry you and your Ma have to go through the pilling thing for so long pale but if it gets you better it's worth it. And don't worry about the missing teefs. I gots plenty missing, including one of my fangs, and I still manage to be hell on wheels! devilish
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:13 pm

Hi Weez, how are you doing? Dr. Izzy did the same thing to me. Drat the guy. Meowmy says I
was being rude and tacky. Check in, I was wondering about you. Meowmy said you were fine or you
Ma would have said something. Still I like to chat with other purr person. Antonio
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:52 am

I am very lucky, Weezer, I still have all my toofs. A couple of mine lost their tips in some of my more magnificent battles with raccoons and wild kitties. They are still attached though and I can still use them on peoples who annoy me. Tonight I tried to use all my toofs on my meowmy. She was trying to shove a pill in my mouth, and she woke me from a nice nap to do it. Normally, I don't mind pills, but I DO mind getting awakened for annoyance. I growled and puffed up, but she STILL gave me the pill. How much does one kitty have to put up with?

Good night, fellow mousers. I think I'm going to sleep so I can be ready for tomorrow. I have a feeling I might need house my toofs again!
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by mockingbird on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:49 am

ARNIgal, your reply made me laugh!

Hi, Petie. I hope you are feeling better by now. Sorry you had such a rough time of it, but know it's because your mama loves you and wants to take the best care of you, even when it's a bother to you. You really don't want to sit around with infections and fleas, do you?

Hugs to you, ol' kitty.
mockingbird
Mutts Fan-atic
Mutts Fan-atic

http://www.wildgooseberry.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:52 pm

The horror of it. Your Meowmy woke up to take a pill. I would use my teeth too!!! I mean really,
it couldn't wait till you were finished with your nap. Sleep is more healing than any old pill. Tonio
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:03 pm

I have lost count on how many oral surgeries Pugsley had to remove almost all of his teeth. Po po boy, only have few teeth left. He still have his snaggle tooth though.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:11 pm

I didn't have to use my toofs yesterday. Meowmy picked me up and petted on me. I didn't want to take my pill, but I did it. Gateway is teaching me that it isn't too bad.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:38 pm

You're a Like a Star @ heaven Petie, we Meowmy's want only the best for our fur
kids.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:25 pm

I am so glad you're taking your meds like a good boy Petie, your meowmy and dr wouldn't insist on them unless you really needed them. They want to keep you healthy so you'll be around for a lot more years to come.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:11 am

I am a sleepy kitty today. I was sleeping on meowmy's lap before she went to work. When she got up, I was growly because I didn't want to wake up. I am so happy I am not outside where it looks all stormy. I used to hole up in a hay room down the street, but those mean people locked it up because raccoons were getting in. Now, the poor kitties down there get to live under a porch. I didn't like inside at first, but now I LOVE it. (Purrrrrrr.... from my little pillow)
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:14 pm

I know what you mean Petie, if I'm comfy and my meomy moves I'm not very happy about being disturbed either. I've never growled but she's very familiar with "the look" I give her when she does that. I love inside too, it's much nicer than being in the cold, the heat, the **gasp** rain or snow, and hungry all the time...Bij
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:28 pm

I don't think I've ever lived outside, it must be very hard. I'm glad you have a nice warm safe
place to live mi amigo. Tonio
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:36 pm

I was outside born and bred and I've fought to stay that way. I'll kill anything that comes my way! Eat it, too! Always thought that, nice as Ma is, I'da been better off being a barn cat. Boss the horses, bunk in the hay, and dine on excitingly skittering critters. But lately I've come to realize that warm beds, soft laps and regular kibble isn't such a bad way to go. I guess I'm getting old, but this human-y life ain't so bad, even when we have to take meds. Feel better, Pete.
~Weezer cat
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:47 pm

Hi, Weezer. How have you been/ I've been worried about you. Meowmy says you talk a
tough ride Question but you really are a kind heart. Still to be honest aren't you really happier where
it's warm and you know where your next meal is coming from? Tonio
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:01 pm

I sure am, I wasn't on the streets for very long but long enough to know a good thing when I see it....Bij
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:57 pm

Hey, Tonio! Aw, don't worry about me, I'm cookin along just fine. I'm just too lazy to post much. Sorry about that. Hey, I'm just glad I don't have anything to post about, like poor ol' Cousin Petie. You hang in there, Petie!
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:34 pm

That's great Weezer. I was starting to worry and Meowmy at first poo poo'd me.
As started to get more worried she cuddled me and told me that if anything was wrong your
Ma would have let us know. She says you have a wonderful Ma. Tonio
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:27 pm

Hi everyone. I'm starting to feel better. I am sleepy right now, but I feel more playful and less grumpy. I also don't hurt as much down by my tail. I was shrinking from pettings. Now, I get up on the bed and snuggle with meowmy and dad. I don't stay for long because they flop around too much. But, while they are reading books, I like to lie on tummies. I am learning a lot about being inside. Weezer, you're right. It is a good thing even for those of us who know the awesomeness of outside living.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:33 pm

Hi Petie, glad you are feeling better. Meowmy gets restless too so she made me my own
special corner of the Giant Cat Bed just for me. It's really nice. Tonio
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:20 pm

I think I know why meowmy was restless. She was sick yesterday. I sent GK in to sleep on her for most of the day since I had to guard against invasion of shmousies and pink socks. Together, we held down the fort. She is on her feet today, although she needs lots of snuggling. I am afraid she will go chasing green papers again tomorrow, but she told me that's ok because it gives her a chance to pick up some crunchies for me. That is very important! I love my crunchies!
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:24 pm

'm glad your Meowmy is feelnig better. My Meowmy had to go chase green papers today.
she was even late getting back so we only had a short nap this afternoon. Sad Tonio
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:08 pm

Chasing green papers is mostly no fun at all! Razz You inside kitties are lucky that you do not have to do that!
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum