BIJOUX

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: BIJOUX

Post by Sue Short on Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:37 pm

Also before you do that soak them in a solution of vinegar and water then rinse.
You know the rest of the drill with cleaning the fridge. Bijoux is such a good boy.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:47 pm

I made sure to clean them well, and boiled the daylights out of them. Thickest sauce I've ever made!
Bij was so sweet Thanksgiving......gave me a great greeting at the door (and why not? I had a turkey in my hands) and sat by quietly while we dished up our meal. He got a nice plate too and seemed to enjoy the turkey, gravy, and tiny bit of potato. We were snuggling so nicely when the phone signaled somebody at the door. It was my sis with Maggie....and Bij hid in a hurry. Maggie was sooo hyper! Looked all over for Bij to play with him, like she does with Belle at home but Bij would have none of it. Maggie also ate Bij's leftover turkey and drank half his water when we weren't looking. After they left Bij looked at his plate and bowl....and gave us a pitiful look. NO way was he drinking out of that bowl after a dog! And she ate his supper too. How dare she! Sterilized his waterbowl and refilled it, gave him more turkey too. That's what he wanted. Mom got the snuggles then since her back hurt a bit, but I got some attention in time for his usual wetfood dinner. Special stuff: shreds of chicken in gravy we got at Petsmart. Happy lil camper...off to bed to snooze off the turkey and chicken. I did manage to get a few kisses nitenite, I think he was still half asleep.

When I talked to my sis later I told her what Maggie had done and Bij's reaction. She was surprised at both.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:28 pm

My parents' dogs always clean up kitty food. We have to put the bowls up where the dogs can't reach. The food makes the dogs fat and the kitties wouldn't get a bite if they couldn't jump. It's unfortunate because I don't like to change feeding stations. It makes for confused kitties.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:08 pm

My dogs used to do that too. If I gave the cats some type of tinned food that they
didn't like they would knock the bowl on the floor for the dog to clean up.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:52 pm

Bijoux was such a sweetheart.....for mom...yesterday. I got a greeting after I found him in bed, and got a short snuggle. Then he was off to lay on mom, she pushed him off, so he went back to bed in the window. NO birds to watch. No wonder he was sleeping in the livingroom instead of the window in the first place, no birds to fall asleep watching at the feeder. They haven't even found the strung cranberries I put out for them to share Thanksgiving with us. Bij kept asking for crunchies even though mom put some in his bowl while he was napping. I showed him and everything, ended up adding a couple pieces to convince him he had fresh in there. Ate a bit, then bugged mom for wetfood. It was still daylight! Way too early for his wetfood and he knew it but I suppose he thought if mom was soooo tired she'd be addlebrained enough to give it to him twice. NO dice. Though when he least expected it, I got him dinner and sprinkled catnip on top. Ate like he wouldn't see food again for a week, then passed out in bed. No burping, no thankyous, nothing for me. I did get a couple nitenite kisses though when I asked for them.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:19 pm

What a Silly Kitteh Boy.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:38 pm

He sure is. Very much a cuddlebug for me the past two days, especially last night. Mom reported he'd been glued to her too, all night and all day long, and bugs her to lay down if she's sitting at the table. That way he can snuggle some more on her. I got a nice greeting yesterday (wet hair--ohBoy!) and hairdressing attention, then a power snuggle rocking session that lasted an hour. Mom moved, he left, I ate my soup, (Bij ate his crunchies at the same time) and the instant I sat down in my chair again here's Bij...looking for more snuggles and rocking. 2 hours this time before moving off to snuggle with mom a while before dinnertime. Got his dinner when he least expected it and I'd swear he was smiling as he ran to the kitchen singing. Got a wonderful thankyou snuggle too before he headed off to bed. Mom left to help Donna with her pill containers, and here's Bij at the door, asking for a walker ride. Poor lil guy. Bet he didn't get one. Gotta tell mom he needs to go for a ride, it's been a while since his last one.
Got no nitenite kisses though he didn't snub mine at least.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:56 pm

Antonio has been snuggling in too.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:34 pm

I heard that it's colder in IL than it is in AK. I think Bij has the right idea. Snuggle!
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:00 pm

I know it is....we don't get these kinds of temps until late January. Bet that has something to do with Bij being such a snuggler late at night...mom says it gets cold in the place despite turning the heat up. Got a nice greeting yesterday, mom was sleeping like a rock. Poor lil guy had no crunchies....so filled the bowl. Scooped his pan, gathered a few toys, but he wanted to cuddle. So got a nice cuddle in, then mom moved.....and talked in her sleep. Bij stared at her like she was crazy. He'd go to see her and she'd wave him off, never quite waking up. Then he'd come to me for a bit, then try again. Slept on my lap while I read, when he got up to bug mom again I got his dinner for him. Short thankyou, then settled him in on his fleece quilt in my still-warm chair and kissed him nitenite.

Mom called me half an hour later....she said she didn't even hear me come in or leave but knew I'd been there. Bet Bij didn't get his walker ride last night either.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:14 pm

Heehee! Wish I had been able to sleep like that. The rain woke me up, and that's the way I've been ever since. The kitties were playing swat on either side of the door and creating a bunch of noise. Laughing 
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:31 pm

Everything wakes me up these days, and I can't go back to sleep....wish I could sleep like a rock too. Are you sure it was the rain that woke you up, or the kitties?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:10 pm

Poor guy and I understand the extra snuggling. I added the throw Jean made to the pile
on the couch.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:40 pm

Bij is still a snugglemonster! Mom says he's so glued to her she can't move--anywhere--without her lil shadow and peopleweight. He was glued to me for a while, and mom actually complained she lost her kitty when I came in. I sure enjoyed the snuggles though. Bij got so comfy getting rocked he actually fell asleep--like a rock--on my lap. Then had a few dreams....all those muscle twitches and shudders. Hope it wasn't a bad dream. Stroked him lightly and murmered to him 'it's okay' in case they were bad dreams. He settled down but didn't wake up until almost dinnertime. Mom got it for him (no catnip) and mom said 'he didn't bother to thank me'. He did too, he sat right in front of her, licking his lips in satisfaction, purring....before he headed off to bed to sleep it off.
Nitenite kisses for me! And no snubbing mine to him either.  Smile Smile 
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:22 pm

Antonio has been the same way. Then again it's extremely cold for us. Right now on the
couch there is one quilt and two throws. I'm wearing along with my t-shirt, a sweatshirt and my hoodie.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:29 pm

Mom reports that Bij spent the entire night snuggling with her to stay warm. As soon as I walk in she loses him for a bit, and I get some kitty attention--like last night. Nice LONG snuggle (I had wet hair but he declined to play hairdresser) with purrs and a kiss. Then onto the lap for more snuggles and a nap. But when mom got up to take her pills he was off like a shot to the kitchen, dancing for crunchies. She told me he'd very quietly, gently woke her up and mewed at her at 2pm.....she'd forgotten to give him his lunch and his bowl was totally empty. After he ate his crunchies, he snuggled with her for a long time--on her chest, looking adoringly into her eyes, one paw on top of and the other under her hand. So cute. And she got more snuggles after he got an early dinner sans catnip. He looked for a walker ride but didn't really ask for one. Mom was too tired again. Guess he knew without having to ask....got a nitenite kiss and off to the still warm chair with his quilt.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:36 pm

What a Precious Kitteh Boy.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:10 pm

Awwww!
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:58 pm

Bij was her snuggleboy last night too. He did give me some attention, but not much. I insisted from time to time but it wouldn't be long before he wanted to leave to GO BACK TO MOM. He was all over mom off and mostly on all night while I was there. He even sat behind her at the table, peeking over her shoulder or under her arm, while she was eating her dinner. He wanted some of her gravy....and got it too. Short dinner dance, and a looooong thankyou snuggle for mom. At least I got a nitenite kiss.

Guess I need a catnip bath.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:16 pm

Wednesday was my turn to get snuggled....and I soaked it up until I had to leave for the Christmas party.  Terrible meal.  At least Bij came and gave me more snuggling afterwards so I could salvage some of the evening.  Thursday was mom's turn for cuddles, I barely got any until dinnertime when I gave him dinner with catnip on top. But mom reported that after I left he continued to sleep in my warm spot sans quilt all night long.  Last night he gave me a long snuggle, nearly 2 hours worth, then went to snuggle with mom for over an hour.  Dinnertime he came to me, one mew and he got dinner.  He just looked so cute with those huge eyes (barely any iris showing at all) and tiny mew, I couldn't say wait.  Got a nice thankyou snuggle and a burp...then off to bed.  He was still in there all curled up in a ball when I asked for and got.....nitenite kisses.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:30 pm

Well it's about time. I mean after all you are the deliveryman for fine kibble and tinned
food.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:21 pm

Not to mention his fresh catnip connection!
Got a good amount of snuggles Sunday night, he was mostly glued to me all evening long. Mom was glad...he'd been glued to her all day long and she needed a kitty break. Last night he started out greeting me at the door (mom complained she lost her kitty) and proceeded to 'fix' my hair, kiss my cheek until it was nearly raw, and purr me into deafness sitting on my chest, melting into me. Kinda hard to breathe with 14.5# of furball on your chest but I wasn't about to make him move. He left go get a snack, curled up with mom a bit, I fell asleep, woke up to a warm lap full of lovebug.  Smile  Only after he got his dinner did he leave me, to snooze on the back of the couch since mom left as soon as his bowl hit the floor. Got my nitenite kisses from him there. Left his quilt on the warm spot of my chair and patted it, letting him know he could have it. Don't know if he took me up on that offer or not.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:44 pm

Forgot that. That's as important as the other stuff.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:16 pm

Apparently Bij did take me up on my offer of the warm spot with quilt in my chair. Mom told me when she got back from Donna's he was all curled up on the quilt, snoozing. Slept there most of the night in fact. Last night I had to go find him...he was napping in the window. Mom said he was birdwatching so I peeked at the feeder. Sure enough, it's down a bit and some cranberries are missing. Nobody else but birds or people can reach it so must've had Cat TV going on. Gave Bij a hello kiss and told him I could use some kitty cuddles since I hurt all over but left it up to him. About a 1/2 hour later he came out and gave me the nicest kitty snuggles I've had in days.  Very Happy  Very gentle, even waited until I told him it was okay to hop up before jumping up on me to cuddle. Purred in my ear, kissed me, patted my cheek oh so softly.  Smitten  After mom disturbed him I got my dinner, Bij ate some crunchies, gave me a few more snuggles, then gave mom some so I could read a while. Mom got him dinner, I got the thankyous (she'd left) and the nitenite kisses again. Lil guy asked for a walker ride but didn't get one.

Gotta bug mom to take him on one...he's only averaging one a week if he's lucky but he wants to get out more than that.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:59 pm

It's hard on social butterflies to be kept away from their
adoring public.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down