Pet Sitters Rock!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pet Sitters Rock!

Post by bpaquet on Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:53 pm

We have the very wonderful luck to have the PERFECT pet sitter in town. She mucked stalls, brushed horses, cleaned litter boxes, and gave all meds. She also left a note every day to say how things went. She is awesome and worth every penny.

Casper (formerly X) was a handful. Fortunately, she has experience with rescue ponies and she thinks he just has trust issues. He was laying his ears back and kind of staking his territory when she tried to put his sheet on for bad weather. She told him that he needed to behave and got everything done, but I need to work with him to get him to trust people. I guess he has issues from being shuffled here and there, and treated badly in so many places. I hope that the longer he is in a good place, the better and happier he will be. When I went into his stall tonight and brushed fussed over him, he didn't make any faces. So, this should be a good thing for him. He can now figure out that we are coming back for him.

Sabi was a good boy and controlled his herd well.

Envoy earned a new nickname -- horsepig. He was a disaster in his stall. He likes to have a stall where he can go in/out as he pleases. He can't do that in my barn. I really need to figure out how to make that happen because he is just a pig in his stall if he's stuck inside all night.

Gateway got best kitty award. The sitter said he should give lessons to all her other kitties about how to take pills. He was cooperative -- as he always is.

GK hid most of the time because he is a scardy cat. But, occasionally, he would come out and talk.

Petie was just his usual laid-back self. He earned the best senior citizen award.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Re: Pet Sitters Rock!

Post by Sue Short on Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:25 am

This woman sounds fantastic. I hope I can find someone in the same league
this coming spring.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat on Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:25 pm

That sounds great! My pet sitter (and friend) fell off a chair just before Christmas and broke her leg in three places. She and her daughter usually tag-team watching our crew when we go on vacation, and I'm a little worried now because she's still in a rehab facility for the next few days and we're booked to leave on vacation a month from today. I'd better line up a backup.
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://bluecat1105.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:34 pm

How about asking the daughter? Could she petsit without her mom's help? Just an idea.

Becky, glad your petsitter is so wonderful with all the furkids.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:48 pm

Wow, Becky, you struck gold with this woman! She even managed an anxious X (Casper? We need more on that!!) and gave you some things to think about for his socialization process into his new, safe life.

I'm so proud of the rest of your kids! They deserve their accolades! Well, except, perhaps, for Envoy. Even a Prince must sometimes accept less than perfect conditions. That boy needs to work on his noblesse oblige. tongue
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum