What's on today's agenda?

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What's on today's agenda?

Post by fiffur on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:39 pm

Got to see my nephew on Wednesday night, he invited me to dinner. But mom told me she already knew and was invited, but told not to tell me about it. Guess my sis wanted me not to be there but my nephew didn't know that. I can see who cares about me and who doesn't in my family. He leaves tomorrow and who knows how long it will be before I see him again. He's so much like me in a lot of ways.

Today: up early, breakfast, work, library, home for a short rest, swelter at work!, cold shower, and over to mom's to cool off so I'll have an appetite for dinner. Hopefully my nephew will stop over so we can visit without my sis hanging all over preventing us from having a really good talk. She's been so moody, especially since my nephew met and likes his biological dad. She won't even let him talk about it.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:12 am

back to work. sigh. a short week but it will seem even longer than usual, trying to catchup from the three day weekend, plus cover for one of my coworkers who is off this week
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:47 pm

Going to be hot today: mid 80's. Nice and cool for work this morning, and cooling off mostly tonight too. So I did some baking yesterday while the place was cool enough to do it. I may fire up the crockpot tomorrow and the oven too and bake a bit more, then stash in the freezer.
Yesterday was very full: up early to get laundry done, home for breakfast, work, hang laundry up to dry, library, home for lunch and bake some omelet muffins, work again, shower, bake some donut muffins and make dinner, over to moms and fill the feeder, beg for kitty attention, bed early.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:48 pm

Got a shingles vaccine today.  Been meaning to arrange one for a long time, and finally remembered this week at the doc to ask for a scrip to be called in.

BUT!   affraid   Broke out in huge hives after!

Was able to control them with antihistamines, didn't have to take a steroid pill.  My arm still has a giant hot knot on it, though. pale
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:27 pm

EWWW!!! I think I'll pass on that. Well since it's Saturday it was brunch. Afterwards
it was shower then nap with Antonio. My local branch of the library had a book sale so you
know I was there. Like I really need more books.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat on Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:52 pm

I'm going to look I to getting the shingles vaccine as soon as possible too. The docs don't really recommend it until you're over 60, but I've known several people who have had it and it sounds terrible. Sorry about your hives though, Suzzzz. Hope they subside soon.
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:20 pm

Yikes on the hives! Is that vaccine something you are supposed to do every year, or is it something like kid vaccines that are done after you do the original round?
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:50 pm

I should hope it's a one-time shot. It costs something like $250.
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:44 pm

The shingles vaccine requires a scrip and is for folks around 60 (I am 59).  It's a one-time shot and there is currently no recommendation for a booster. It was free via my Blue Cross insurance.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/shingles-vaccine/AN01738
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:07 pm

Sounds like my last reaction to the tetanus vaccine. Doc said I was reacting to the artificial base they use in some vaccines now. Ice packs on the hot spot help. Only way to know for sure if you need a booster for any vaccine is to have a blood sample drawn and a titer level test done.

Today: up early after nearly sleeping through my alarm clock (I barely can hear it), work standing in what shade I could find, library to soak up AC, home to hide in the dark with the fan until time to get sick from the heat at work again, icy cold shower like yesterday to cool off, eat dinner before I overheat again, off to mom's to soak up more AC until bedtime. I have the fan on so high to stay cool enough to actually sleep I almost don't hear my alarm clock going off!
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:09 am

work today. My co worker is out again so I have to cover for her too, also.
and started the day on a downer. my usual coffee truck wasn't there for breakfast. because of the 9/11 memorial ceremonies. I work right across the street from the trade Center site. Had to have a letter to carry around today so I wouldn't have a problem getting to my office
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:42 am

Up early for work, then head downtown to ask permission to park at the P.D.....after the crap I got yesterday at the library I need somewhere else to park. Head librarian is lucky I didn't snatch her bald! I took the car since it was waaaay too hot to walk or ride the bike, a semi was parked out front so I parked in the lot in back. Came back to a nice nasty note on my car saying not to park in the parking lot. I took the note in and asked if anybody there wrote it. The head librarian did. I asked if it was public parking and she said yes. I'm a member of the taxpaying public, aren't I? Then she claimed "You're here all day long." Huh? Since when is 1-3 hours 'all day long'? This morning I was told I can't park on the street in front of the library either! Not allowed to park in "Public Parking" at the library at all! I only parked out front because I had to get permission first to park at the police department, where they won't complain if I'm there all day long. (thankfully they said yes at the P.D.) She said something along the lines of people with kids for story hour......the ice cream shop (that's closing for the season).....and older folks (at 50+ with asthma and a bad back aren't I considered worthy enough to park there?). I just know the next thing she'll complain about to me will be where I park my bike. Sheesh!
Leaving here soon (and making sure she knows it too so I'm not there All Day Long), lunch in front of a fan, work again, then a nice shower and dinner (leftover spare ribs) before heading over for some kitty cuddles before bedtime.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:57 am

Wait a minute - there's more than one spot in the lot, isn't there?? I don't think she has the right to tell you that you can't park in a public library's public parking lot. I'd ask her to provide you with the policy that states the length of time you can park in their lot, and if she can't produce that, then she needs to keep her mitts off of your car and quit harassing you.

As far as I know, libraries should allow you to sit there all the live-long day and read, etc. I worked at the Aurora Public Library years ago and we had several regular customers who spent the day there, every day. It was before computers, but nevertheless...
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:52 pm

Same here, we have people who are stay all day at the Lakewood branch. Anyway home for a short nap after walking all over from White Rock Lake with people from Australia.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:29 pm

I agree, BobCat. I remember going to the library when I was a kid. I'd get there at around 10 in the morning and go home when they closed. I loved it there. Libraries should be damn happy to have customers these days.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:37 pm

No, joke.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat on Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:26 am

I think this is absolutely ridiculous.  As I said, we had regulars - some who didn't have much and needed a place to sit that was indoors where they could be left alone to read the newspapers and magazines, and some who had plenty, who loved books and loved the atmosphere of the library.  There was never any movement to make them stay only a certain length of time per day.  

As I said earlier - PUBLIC library, PUBLIC parking lot...  I think this person would be hard-pressed to come up with any policy that limits the amount of time you can park your car in the lot, or park your rump in the chair in the library.  She would need to present that to me or else shut the hell up and leave me be!  (They don't call me BobCat for nothing! )
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:46 pm

I know, the village clerk said she can't dictate where I park but she could bar me permanently from the library "for any reason" so I'm stuck. But that librarian sure came up with all kinds of excuses after I kept shooting down her various reasons (or should I say excuses?) with logic. They should be happy I'm here: I help anybody who asks how to do this or that on the computer and most of the time I can help. Only rarely do they have to ask the librarian for help. And there are some days it's so quiet in here if it weren't for me they'd have no reason to be open! And yes, they have 5 spaces out front, and over a dozen in the back lot. All public parking. P.D. said I can also park out front of the village hall (across the street from the library) and if I'm there past the 3 hour limit they won't ticket me.

Today: up early, work, take mom to the pantry (and read the newspaper there), library (nobody has said a word to me today about being here or 'all day' or where I parked the bike--I don't think the head librarian even knows I'm here), work again, then home for a shower and a nice dinner. Fill the birdfeeder again and do my kitty chores, then hopefully get a bit of kitty cuddles before bedtime.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:19 pm

I'm with BC and they don't call me Da Witch for nothing. More touring with the
Australians. Just downloaded snaps to the computer but haven't sorted through them
Getting ready to nap with Antonio then back at it.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat on Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:14 pm

I truly don't know how she could bar you "for any reason" but if you don't want to push it you should tell her that you will gladly move the car when it's story hour or whenever there is an event where they are expecting all their spaces to be filled, but as was noted, libraries don't get the business they used to. She's lucky to have regular patrons.
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:04 pm

Our library actually puts a time limit on the computers. The limit is posted at each seat, but it's only enforced if people are waiting. Parking is all on-street, so no one really enforces times there.

I actually started doing the electronic book checkout from our library. They have a lot of titles, and I can go whenever I want. Our library closes at 6 PM, which is about when I'm driving by on my way home from work.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:39 pm

Today I took my visitors to the Dallas Arboreteum. And we stopped by the local
library, they still had a book sale going on. ****SIGH****Three more books.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:06 am

usual work. tomorrow will be usual chores and library, and yes I usually spend all afternoon at the library on Saturday. I use the computer, read the newspapers and magazines, sometimes do some beading (nice light and big tables)
the computers are times to 30 minutes but if there is not a waiting list we get to stay on longer
Sunday I will probably head to Coney Island for the great Irish fair they have every year, ongoing entertainment on three stages, booths with Irish merchandise and tents with food (and beer) I usually go for the entertainment, Ive heard some really good groups and singers there
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:17 am

Heading to FT. Worth with the visitors from Australia.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:10 pm

Library has 30 minute time limit too unless there is no one waiting, then you get all the time you want. And that is most of the time, they are not that busy, even during summer when all the kids are out and looking for something to do.
I have arranged other parking, at the P.D. for both car and bike, no problem.
Today: bundle up a bit for work since it was only 48 outside (had to find pants, socks, and my jacket. Couldn't find my gloves...). Library to clear out email (thankfully working much better and faster today--yesterday was a nightmare), then lunch, relax a bit, work again, dinner, dig out my winter coat so I can fix the zipper, then mom's for a while.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum