What's on today's agenda?

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What's on today's agenda?

Post by fiffur on Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:59 pm

When I read what the folks upstairs did to your stuff, my blood started to boil Jeane. Don't they realize that throwing your signed comics on the floor could devalue them as collectibles? They had no right to touch your stuff anyway IMO. I swear they do that to upset you so..........nice thing to do for the holiday. I also don't understand most human beings when they do stuff like this. Is it any wonder I've always said I get along with animals better than I do most people? I'm hoping next year to be better off financially so I can actually send stuff out to my Mutts friends.....

Still catching up on email, then off to try to finish more of that closet sort/purge before dinner.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:05 pm

work, try to keep warm, got to do some check writing tonight,

This morning was so cold I finally resorted to getting out my winter coat. I also went to put on the scarf, hat and glove set I got from my secret santa at work, and found out it was a child's set, at least that's what it seems like, the scarf was so short and the hat wuldn't even fit on my head. It's also a ewird purplish blue color.
when we had the drawings we put in our names with three hints of what we wanted (I put the scarf and hat-blue, or some cds I was looking for or a gift certificate to B&N. ) I don't know who my secret Santa was .
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY on Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:41 pm

I am currently playing a game I got for Christmas...Kirby Mass Attack for the DS. It is cute and fun.
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:50 pm

oh lk if i had the right color yarn i'd make ya a hat and scarf set! too bad there's not a place you can get to easily to get some yarn cuz i'd say get me two big skeins in the color you want and i could make you a hat, scarf and maybe in even some mittens (and i'd make them big enough to fit me so they'd fit ya for sure!). don't think i'd do ya any good with the christmas cds...though i might have a johnny mathis one i haven't even opened..its probably one you've had for years!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:59 pm

That's why I make my own hat, scarves, and double-layer mittens.....that way I know they fit (and it's cheaper to make them too). I made a fleece set this year from blue pawprint fleece, turned out very nice. When I picked up my paycheck two weeks ago they asked where on earth I found my set....and seemed impressed when I said I made them. Thanks mom for teaching me how to sew decades ago! I know I could crochet a hat and scarf, but never could find a decent pattern for mittens.

Today: read the want ads already (there are so few--I am not a semi truck driver, which is the only jobs that were in there), clear out the email since I won't be online until Tuesday, home for lunch, try to finish up that closet, a nice hot shower, then over to mom's for dinner and a movie. It's Brad's birthday so we'll be calling him at the rehab.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:12 pm

actually, kmart has all that stuff on sale right now at least 60% off...cheaper than buyihng a skein of yarn! i wish i could have gotten in here early enough to clue LK in....i know there's KMarts in NY but not sure if there's one in her area.
i'm wondering if the hat she got that seems like its kid size is a beanie...what they call a beanie at KMart (usually by Joe Boxer) is for an adult but it doesn't come down over your ears..or at best just to the top half of your ears. one day a year or two ago i was at work with no hat and it dropped temp BIG TIME and i had to go see what i could find to keep warm on the walk home. KMart had those beanies on sale for like 75cents so i scooped one up and THEN found out how they were cut.

as for me..today i finally went to KMart to see if they had any cards marked down ...i don't care what they looked like i just need the envelopes. they weren't as cheap as i'd like but i got 18 for $2 so at least i have envelopes to send some i made out in!
also hit the grocery store to use a bunch of coupons that end tomorrow (*not working tomorrow...and next week i only work four days..yep, hours cut to the bone again...not even 20 hrs next week!).i didn't go crazy, but i knew before the end of Jan i'd run out of stuff like mouthwash so i used my coupons and have enough to last me a while;) heavy dragging crap home though....i did get a few things for my 'celebration' tomorrow night...chips and stuff to make onion dip etc....i figured to hell with it...i only eat it once a year!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat on Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:33 pm

I'm sick - could someone sing "Soft Kitty" to me?
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:53 pm

soft kitty la la la (wish I knew how to really sing it. Hope you feel better, Bobcat

Back to work, have to go to the bank. I was going to go yesterday but I was sick all weekend.
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste on Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:11 pm

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIp77PUvLTE

Hope the link works. The filters here block youtube, so I couldn't check it first.
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:37 pm

Freeze my butt off at work......clear out tons of email, home for a late lunch, work again in the freezing cold, then a nice hot shower to thaw out, dinner, and over to mom's. She needs paperwork sorted for this n that and two pair of eyes are better than one for that sort of thing. Although, Bij has been eying the stack of paper for a few days now......
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:50 pm

Hi, guys, I'm sneaking on here at work to say hello, and that I'll be MIA until the weekend -- my home computer is borked, has been since last Friday night (some sort of evil virus). My nice IT guy from work is going to swing by Saturday morning and (hopefully) un-bork it, so I hope to be back soon.

Carry on! Rock On
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:51 pm

we'll miss you Suzzzz. My nice IT guy at work just gave me a new computer yesterday. Still getting used to it and getting the kinks out.
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:08 pm

On top of the usual: sorting through 3 weeks worth of recyclable newspapers. The library finally gave me some (the lady who usually does the sorting here is on vacation).
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:54 pm

what do you need in the newspapers other than the Mutts strip?

work today and home. need to pay bills tonight
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste on Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:21 pm

As I was starting to feed the kitties after work today, I tripped over a rug and biffed it big time. Bumped my head good, and skinned both knees. Kevin got me settled on the couch, and did my feeding chores for me. Maybe he'll feel sorry enough for me to do the litter boxes later...
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:26 pm

Ouchie, gbste! Feel better soon.
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:29 am

That hurt just reading about it. Feel better soon, you too BlueCat
we've got something wicked making the rounds here.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:25 am

oh gawd i'm getting a headache just thinking about hitting your head!
here's hoping tomorrow finds all the people and computers feeling better!

today i've just made some tiny TARDISs and spent way too much time on the computer. tomorrow (really later today) i'll be doing laundry so i won't have to do it on Sat.
I also have to break out the MAGIC Jack and the phone and try to get that all hooked up and see how it works. i'm sort of afraid cuz i don't want to crash my computer with that stupid thing! has anybody here ever had a'magic jack' phone thingie??? I see there's not a more advanced one...but i think i have the basic version.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:49 am

Thanks. Just got back from the doctor's office. Sinus infection, but my lungs sounded OK, thank goodness. I'll be on antibiotics and cough meds for the next week or so.
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:13 pm

OOOHHH , FEEL BETTER EVERY ONE.
Work today, with a stop at the bank. I've been putting it off since it's been so cold but i need funds for the weekend.
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:10 pm

okay trying this for the third time....i think trying to set up that magic jack screwed up thecomputer....i unplugged it cuz it was just messing everying up and when i trid to call out (though i got a dial tone) it just disconnected the internet! the website gave me no help for any of the questions i had.....its not worth the headache or the slow slow dial up speed it makes the computer go to to have a phone line. There's a different one called a magic jack plus that you can plug into an electric plug in (like in the wall).I think i'm putting all the papers back together and handing this back to the folks upstairs to take back and get their money back. if they want to upgrade and get me a magic jack plus that's for them to decide. but i'm not putting out money for this crap...esh! i've done without a phone for what? 5 yrs or more now?
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:46 pm

Lovekitties: I so clip the Mutts comic from those papers, the rest of all that recyclable newspaper is saved for the animal shelter. We're heading into kitten/puppy season soon and they'll need all the newspaper they can get.

Today I've already done 2 loads of laundry, sorted a box out, read the newspaper, cleared out the email.....now going to the grocery store with mom, have dinner, watch a movie, and hopefully off to bed somewhat early.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:16 pm

gawd i wasted the day away watching mostof The Stand and doing the finishing work on about three little tiny TARDISs.then watched a really hacked up 2011 Christmas Special Doctor Who and got on here.
i hate having three days off in a row cuz i don't do anything produictive and i sleep so much i have a headache all day and i eat so much i feel like a bloated pig!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:20 pm

work today, and going to the bank which I have been putting off.
I know what you mean, Jeane. days off prove non productive for me,especially in the winter. I tend to hibernate and read and don't go out at all i still have 3 vacation days from last year I have to use up in the next week or two or lose them
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:40 pm

I'm back! My IT pal finally got my home computer sorted out, but I'm sorry to come back and find the sick and injured among us. Crying or Very sad Feel better!!
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum