Post by Sue Short on Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:11 am

Yes, it was a great day,
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Re: What's on today's agenda?

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:50 pm

oh yesh! totally faboo to hear critters getting homes ..esp homes for the holidays;)
i finished a tiny TARDIS ornament and started another one (nearly done) and colored in two of the three panels of the drawing i'm doing for a contest. i have about half the third panel done...i need to look at a few things i want to draw as tree ornaments anyway:) want to finish it before i go to bed just because i know i wont' have the time or mentality to work on it during the week.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:45 pm

okay...before i go to bed i wanted to show you guys what i did this weekend ......and yes it did take me hours and hours to do. its a three panel strip for a contest for a Doctor Who art thing ...its ablog and on FB. really cute..but i didn't have to draw in their style. The whole idea was to draw something with at least one of the last three Doctors in it that really conveyed the feeling of christmas. i couldn't come up with one thing and drawing a strip was okay so i came up with this....

Whovians will be able to find a bunch of stuff i've hidden in there..esp the last pic (not hidden hidden but there to find) but i hope that even if you don't know the show it will be christmasy to ya;) there's also two things in there that i think even you folks should be able to find....something at least i put in just about everything i draw:)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY on Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:01 pm

That is really cute.
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:06 pm

That's really cool. Thanks for sharing it.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:40 pm

yeah its not good but nobody can say its not christmasy;) i got the letter back saying it was accepted. but they needed to know my age and where i'm from.....ooo....gawd...they really need my age? (I told 'em (to quote the Doctor) I'm as old as my nose and a bit older than my teeth.....but then i told them my real age and said they could definantly put me in the 'over 21' area if they had one;)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:20 pm

work, home, get together presents to send to family
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:07 pm

Wish I could've seen your entry Jeane, I still don't feel Christmasy. Today: work, library, read want ads in the paper, post office (mailing out bills), lunch, take a nap (I'm so tired......don't know why), work again, shower, dinner, over to see Bij for a while.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:59 pm

well, last night I met a friend for dinner. We try to get together once a month. We let it slide for a long time, but we have been on schedule for the last few months. I got off the train last night and was waiting at the bus stop because I didn't feel like walking to the diner ( a little less than 1/2 mile) when all of a sudden a van pulls up, and it's my friend, who was getting a ride to the diner by another friend of ours. serendipity.

today its work, bank, home, cards and presents
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:01 pm

besides the usual I have to get ready for the company party that's tonight.............gotta go!
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:57 pm

worked...worked about 90 jinbutes over, got yelled at and might get yelled at again tomorrow (though i'm pretty sure the person they're waiting for the 'description of' isn't me cuz i dind't even talk to a man early in the morning at work...long story that,of course i can't get into)....hit the thrift shop where i pickedup a few things among them 6 box of vintage (probabloy the 60s? possibly earlier) boxed silver glass tree onaments. not all in the best shape color wise but i thihnk i can do something with them and hope i can do something with them for christmas presents).
then grocery store and home to get on here..,need to get off syper early tonight cuz i have to be up around 4:P00am for work Fri and Sat.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:24 pm

Didn't get to go to the party last night: mom was sick and I almost took her to the hospital. By early this morning she was feeling better though.

So today: work, library, pick up my check so I can pay bills, lunch, work again, home for a hot shower, relax a bit before heading over to mom's for the evening. I'll probably end up cooking something bland for dinner (her tummy is giving her troubles lately) and tape the new Charlie Brown special followed by the Ice Age special on tv.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:24 pm

Library, laundry, lunch, rest a bit under the blankets, get rid of some more videotapes (I have a gal from freecycle coming late this afternoon for them), search for mom's christmas stuff in the garage, dinner, then over to mom's for a while to watch a movie with Bij on my lap.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:40 pm

Rearranged furniture, vacumed(sp) still haven't cleaned off the breakfast table so I can eat off of it.
Brought a Windsor chair in from the back porch so I know have a chair to sit in at the table. Moved the
rocker to the bedroom and the chair that was in the bedroom to another spot. Got rid of the recycling box.
Why should I have one all I have to is walk two feet out my front door. Moved the pantry shelf to where the
recycling box was. Napped with Tonio and listen to Madame Butterfly.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:46 pm

last night i did laundry, today i'm doing maybe one more load and working on some tiny TARDISs. when i close this machine down i'm going to try loading up some old soft ware from cheapo cameras i had years ago. its not for the cameras but for the graphics stuff like card making and calendar making. i can't remember which is on which disc so i'll do both if i have to. I just hope that old software works with this newish laptop! i really want to have something i'm familiar working with to make a card i meant to have made a month ago!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:26 pm

Clear out the email as well as possible, catch up in here, home for lunch, do some purging before heading over to mom's to work some more..............then tape the season finale of Terra Nova. Already read the want ads in the newspapers at the library and did my good deed for the day: helped a guy apply for a job online (the site wasn't all that user friendly). He's been in here before, so I kinda know him a bit now.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste on Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:14 pm

We went out and stocked up on stuff we will need for Christmas dinner and for the kitties. They had to have a light breakfast this morning, so they were very happy to get a big supper with plenty of kibble.
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:48 pm

I got a card and a gift certificate from my boss, so when I leave here I'll be going with mom to see if I can find a decent pair of snowboots to use it on. If not, then some warm pants, a rice cooker, and who knows what else. I just hope the nasty weather they predict holds off until we're done.

I couldn't believe the lack of jobs in the Rockford newspaper today, for a town of that size there should be more than one columns' worth.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:04 pm

Found a nice pair of boots and some warm pants (gotta hem them all up) and they were all on sale. No rice cooker, but they do have some online I can use the rest of the certificate on.

Does anyone here use a rice cooker/steamer? If so, what brand do you recommend?

Mom wants to do some more shopping today so we're going out for that. The nasty weather went elsewhere, it's cold but not slippery or anything out today.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:52 pm

working now, we are leaving early today, and I don't have to think about work til next Tuesday. If I get home early enough I'll stop in at the library

That was a nice present you got from your boss, Fif. and you were able to use it on things you needed.
I got a scarf, hat and gloves in the secret Santa at the office, a pair of slippers I had been eying in the Avon book but couldn't afford, and a gift card from Macy's from two of my co-workers
I also got a pointsettia and a Bourbon chocolate cake from one of my accounts.
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:57 pm

My friend and fellow volunteer Zona and I transferred 5 kittens that were getting no notice on the SCARF website to Look What the Cat Brought In. She met us in Pueblo, which saved us an hour of driving, and she was delighted with the kittens (everyone is asking for kittens, she said) and is sure they'll all have homes by the new year. A busy day, but we got a lot done for some kitties that need homes.
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 am

That's great. Today was buy the turkey for the orphan's dinner, pick up the stuff for my
contribution. Run a few more errands. I even bought another live Christmas tree this year
hopefully I won't kill it. Will decorate it tomorrow.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste on Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:34 pm

Today I plan to do as little as possible. Yesterday I drove 4 pound pups to meet a rescue from up north of here. Had to lift all 4 dogs (3 pitties and a heeler mix) into the crates. Probably shouldn't have done that. I pulled a few muscles, and I'm limping around today. Have to take some pictures for the website, though.
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:53 pm

I started cleaning and sorting out the stuff in my crafts closet, got 2/3 of it done in 2 days! Still have more to go though, if I'd been a horse I'd have been shot already. Believe me, I know the feeling of pulled muscles. Today I was going through nearly 4 days worth of email (my god by it was a lot!), in fact my wrist is hurting from all the mousework doing that. Now I'm here.........later reading the newspaper want ads, going home to eat a late lunch, sort a couple more boxes from the closet, and relax a bit before heading over to mom's.

Glad to hear those kittens will most likely have new homes by the end of this week, gbste.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:02 pm

trying not to explode...came home to find even more of my stuff packed up (I wouldn't mind if they left the empty totes for me to put stuff into but my stuff thrown into plastic totes...whenever they do this i can't find a thing when i need it and wind up wasting money buying stuff i need but can't find. also it meant a lot of my doctor who (esp my comics..mostly SIGNED comics) were just slung onto the floor where stuff had been.
also found out the person who was my 'secret santa' in this pug group i'm always signs up and then say they sent their present out and it kept getting sent back to them. SO i got royally screwed there...sorry, but don't know a polite way of saying it. why they would let a person who continues to do this to be part of the gift giving it beyond me NOR why they wouldn't have said anything to me is beyond me. MY person wrote aond complained that she didn't get her present and it was onoly Dec 10 or 11!!! I always particiate in this cuz almost every year its the ONLY present i get for christmas. this year i got three things from the folks upstairs (a thing i thought was a bookmark that was stickers, a magic jack hone thing (which i have to buy a phone to be able to use...yeah, IF i had been the person handling my stuff that was shoved around i would have a phone cuz i know there's one around here somewhere...but now i've got to give up about $15 to buy a phone).and a black cat tape dispenser which is cute. but it just makes me sick.....the secret santa thing. cuyz they make this big thing every year saying that if you don't get something that they will find someone who will be your santa and make sure you get something. i dont' want to sound greedy cuz i don't care what it was...its just that someboehy actually took time and thought about you and sent you something,ya know? i spent weeks and weeks trying to pick out things for my person. and i bought all the stuff when i was hard strapped for funds to even buy food. gawd...i just don't understand human beings ...i'm getting really sick of saying that.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum