Feral for life

Page 2 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Feral for life

Post by Sue Short on Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:59 pm

Well little entertainment tonight. At the first Baylor stop no cats but I did meet Baylor
Police, these are not security personal as we would think of them. They are certified police
officers and are better trained than the usual security personal that we are used to dealing with.
Very nice, any way no cats at the first two stops. At the last stop are y'all ready for this. Mom is waiting for
me, then MBC 1 shows up, look around here comes a black kitten, now known as BK 1, then MBC 2 shows up.
Get all of them fed, as I'm heading towards the van here comes Sam just a flying. So I made sure she had food.

Here at the home front, tonight Sport and Tabby got the rest of Antonio's food. GW and Boomer had dry.
GW showed up later for extra which she got, what she left i put out on the back porch for Tabby who is still
lurking about. And one other thing, someone left me a half munched on pigeon today. What a Face
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:49 am

I wonder who caught that pigeon and decided to share it with you? Must be one of the wild bunch who's trying to repay the favor of you feeding them by trying to reciprocate.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:54 pm

I don't know but it really what I wanted to see before my second cup of coffee.
Just back from the Run, nothing at the first two stops, at the third Sam came flying out
to meet me, then I saw MBC 1, as I was leaving Mom came sauntering from across the street.
Then BK 1 came slinking across. I went back and put some extra food to make sure the kit got some.

Tonight it was Boomer and the Wild Bunch. In fact the Wild Bunch was hanging about looking for more
when I got back so I put some out. I will pick it up in a little while. They got the rest of Antonio's gourmet
meal sans catnip.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:53 am

Sam must like you a lot to come flying like that!
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:51 pm

Sam is a freeloader, Speaking of freeloaders, Boomer was here again tonight. Y'all should
have seen the look on his face when he was offered Meow Mix. Anyway tonight it was all of the
Wild Bunch and Boomer. In fact since the temps have dropped I've been seeing them during the
day.

As for the Run. Nothing at the first stop. At the second stop there was a young cat in the bushes.
Pretty orange(OC) this is not the cream that I've seen, the cream is an older cat. Anyway he/she is getting a
meal tonight. At the third stop there was Sam, along with MBC 1 & 2. Mom and kit stayed across the street.
Hopefully they will get the leftovers before the wildlife.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:51 pm

Boomer is getting out of hand with his freeloading. He showed up tonight crying very
sadly and then sulked when he got Meow Mix. The Wild Bunch showed up and got kitten chow.
No tinned, not with Boomer hanging around. When I got back from the run Tabby was still hanging
about so I gave him some more.

Made the Run. I thought the weather was going to cut loose on me. As mentioned in Antonio's topic
we've had major thunder and lightening very little to show for it. No one at the first two stops and a full
house at the third. Sam, Mom, MBC 1 & 2. I saw a tux but he/she disappeared and BK 1. BK 1 hung back across
the street. I put out enough that hopefully he/she will get a little after the adults eat.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:36 am

We have a new gray and white kitten at our feral corner. This little one (I'm calling it Little) hangs out in the street far too much. I know he's there, and I slow WAY down because he always darts in front of the car. I am half tempted to get out and try to get him. I could TNR him and maybe the black one that must be a sibling. Sigh... We must have 30 cats down there. The people in the corner house kind of feed them, but not really. I think it's 2 of their unfixed cats that started the colony. Neutral No
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:40 am

Poor lil kit, I'd give the TVR thing a try. Who knows, lil guy might even be friendly once caught..........grateful to be out of the weather and the cold at night.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:14 am

Might as well Becky, every little bit helps. Do you think your' crew would tolerate another cat or
two in the barn.

Tonight I had Boomer, GW and Sport out front. Tabby out back all are feed and Sport should up for
seconds. As the the Run. Nothing at the first two stops, at the third, it was Sam and MBC 1 & 2. There was
a lot of activity because they were cleaning out a storage area so I had to feed at the back of the property.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:10 pm

I wonder where the kitties are that are supposed to be at stop 1 & 2?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:50 pm

Fif, I don't know. Christine tells me they are there but I don't know where they are
living because the first two stops are too open. Tonight it was Boomer and the Wild Bunch.
I had some small pieces of chicken left from when I did the chicken piccata last night. I fed it to
the Wild Bunch tonight and let me tell you that took some doing. Anyway the Wild Bunch got the treats.

As for the Run. No one at the first two stops. At the third, it was Sam and MBC 1 & 2. Didn't see Mom or
any kits at all. So ends tonight's adventures.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:06 pm

Did any of the wild bunch take those chicken pieces from your fingers?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:54 pm

No, the Wild Bunch will not let me get within touching distance. What made it so hard
was keeping Boomer from getting any. They scarfed the chicken down in a New York minute.
Tonight it was Boomer, GW and Tabby. I made sure that they got some of the gourmet food that
Antonio didn't eat. Didn't see Sport tonight. He was here last night and got some of the chicken.
Also I think I may have a new addition to the Wild Bunch, the cat is gray and white but darker than older
than GW. I spooked him/her earlier and she/he hasn't been back.

As for the Run, as I going down this drive to the first stop I see a black streak out of the corner of my eye.
I slow down to where I'm just barely rolling and it's a cat. Cat was headed for the feeding station and was
waiting and watching when I got out of the van. I put the food and water down and when I turned around he/she
was gone. I'm sure it was somewhere in the shrubbery. I think I've seen this cat before, young probably six months
to a year. Nothing at the second stop, Sam and MBC 1 at the third.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:32 pm

I'm sure that kitty got the food and water right after you left. Poor babe was scared to let you see him. Still, a glimpse out of the corner of your eye confirms he was there.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:44 pm

Well just back from the Run. No sightings at the first two stops. At the third
it was Sam and MBC 1 & 2. No signs of any cats at the house across the street. That
is/was where the Mom and kits were living.

On the home front. Boomer and GW showed early for a snack. Tabby is hanging on the back
porch. No sign of the strange cat tonight. Sport was here, he wasn't here last night. In fact he
was here when I got back from the run, along with GW. So GW got another meal and Sport at least got
one dinner. I know Tabby got two. I put out some food on the back porch in case Sport should up and I didn't see him.
So Tabby got that.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:32 pm

If that keeps up Tabby will become Flabby Tabby...................
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:52 pm

I don't think that will happen Fif. Just back from the Run. Saw the young black cat again. This time he/she
was very close to the feeding station. I think I will call this one Young Black Cat(YBC). Nothing at the second
stop. MBC 1 & 2, along with Sam at the third. I thought I saw Mom across the street but I'm not sure.

On the home front. It was the usual crew, Boomer is making it hard for me to put out tinned food along
with the kibble. I've also got to figure out a way to get ant bait under the back porch. Despite all precautions
I'm still having a major problems with ants in the food. The cats can't get under the porch and there are spaces
between the boards where I can put the bait I just have to be careful not to spill any on the porch.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:23 am

Well full crew tonight. I was able to get some tinned food to GW. Tabby is not a problems
since he eats in the back. Sport and Boomer had kibble. I wish his owners would chip in something
for food. Normally I would ask but since me feeding the Wild Bunch can turn into a major war I'll just
suck it up.

As for the Run, YBC was back at the first stop. I saw a light colored cat streaking towards who knows
where when I was headed for the second stop. No one there. At the third it was Sam, MBC 1 & 2. I thought I saw
Mom across the street but at a different house. There was activity at the house I normally see her so she may have
been elsewhere.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:41 pm

Seems some of the kitties at stops 1 & 2 are starting to get to know you so not hiding when you come. Just think of all the kitties you've helped over the years. And how's Oreo (I forgot her new name) doing?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:49 pm

for tonight's adventures. First the Great Kibble Run, nothing at the first two stops.
At the third, it was Sam and MBC ! & 2. I thought I saw Mom across the street but no
kits.

On the home front. Since we are having an function here tomorrow night. The Wild Bunch got
the trimmings from the beef were are using for kabobs. Even Boomer got some. When I got back from
the run Tabby and Sport were hanging about so I gave them a late night snack.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:38 am

They were probably hoping for more of that beef Sue. Sounds like they all ate like lil kings!
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:59 pm

They probably were. We had a function here tonight, so everything is widdershins.
I did glimpse Sport and Tabby. I put some food out and hopefully they will get it.
Right now Boomer is chowing down. I may check the back porch but because of the
continuing ant problem and the rain I won't put anything out unless I see somebody.

Update - Just stuck my head out the door and all the food was gone. I mean the area was
picked clean. I think there was too much food for Boomer to finish by himself and I don't think the
wild life have been through. So hopefully some of the Wild Bunch got some dinner.

Last edited by Sue Short on Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:00 am

Another update from last night. I think the wild life did get the food. Tonight I saw the
biggest fattest opposum that you could every hope to see. I'm telling y'all he was the size of a small
dog, very well fed small dog.

Just back from the Run. Nothing at the first two stops. At the third, I think I saw Mom, anyway cat disappeared
into the holly bushes next to the building. Also saw a Tux, he/she waited and watched me when I shook the bag of
kibble.

There were two seatings at dinner tonight. GW and Boomer at the first, along with the wildlife. When I came back
from the Run, it was GW, Sport and Tabby. I put the food as close to the house as possible. We have rain off and on
yesterday and today. Some of it was pretty hard. Still it was good to get the rain.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:12 pm

hmm...seeing our squirrels i can just picture that possum! i really am seeing it waddling away in my brain! (i nearly tripped over a ground hog yesterday as he waddlezipped past me....he was at 18" across! i've been seeing a lot of him and a small deer ....even had a doe leap over a fence and abound across the road in front of me about 10 days ago!)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:05 am

There kind of chunky anyway but that does sound sort of plump. Nothing at the first two stops,
at the third I saw a yellow cat crossing the street and MBC 1 & 2 were there. So I put food out for them
and left some food at the back of the property for anybody else who showed up.

On the home front, it was a full house. Boomer ate his fill and the Wild Bunch ate in courses. I'm not
joking, I put food for Boomer, GW, Sport and Tabby. Checked later and everybody was gone. Went to load the
van and the Wild Bunch was back, so I gave them their second course. Check again, everybody left. So I pick up
the dishes. Look out the front door and there they were, so I gave them what they didn't finish from the second course.
****SIGH***** I didn't think ferals got fat but these guys are fat!!!! At lease Sport and Tabby are, GW is one of those thin
sleek jobs.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: