revolution...need a prescription?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

revolution...need a prescription?

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:39 pm

just wondering ...i've never bought it, just got it from the vet. is it something you need a prescription for or not? i think you can order it online. IF you can and don' t need a prescription i think i'd like to get some for the kitties so i can put it on them every month like you're supposed to!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Re: revolution...need a prescription?

Post by Sue Short on Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:06 pm

I don't know I've always bought it from my vet. I know you can buy it on line but I wary of
that. I've heard of several cases pets being made ill by fake medications.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal on Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:28 pm

I second what Sue has said...I'd gladly pay the extra cha-ching at the vet for sound medication. Some pet stores in your area may sell it too :-)
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:35 pm

As a MUCH less expensive alternative, I've used the Purrscriptions stuff from PetSmart. It costs about $15 for 3 doses and seems to work really well. We had a terrible flea year here, and it worked better then FrontLine and almost as well as Advantage. We used Revolution once, and it was a little better, but a LOT more expensive.

I agree that getting any of the flea treatments from either the vet or a reputable pet store beats getting the stuff online. I have a friend who is a small animal vet. She said that 1-800 Pet Meds has received lots of fake flea treatment stuff. They can't tell if it's good or bad because they don't get the same tracking info the vets do. Caveat emptor, I guess. http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm048164.htm

Last edited by bpaquet on Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added link)
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum