NEED VIBES for Grace!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: NEED VIBES for Grace!!!!!!!

Post by Suzzzz on Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:35 pm

Geez, Fisshy, maybe it's not the cherries. This is awful. You must be so worried. Let us know, okay? Many prayers.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat on Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:41 am

Oh no! Still sending good thoughts to Gracie. I know Grommit's ordeal with the snake went on for a long time. The venom had burned his esophagus and we were cooking up chicken and rice for him for ages, along with giving him some sort of "slurry" medicine that we had to give him with a syringe.
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fisshy on Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:25 pm

The vet had too much going on today so tomorrow @ 9:30 Ill talk to him. If anything I will want bloods done and maybe get something better than the bennies cause it doesnt work so much- she takes a double dose to make it work- 1 liquid - 1 dose in pill form. She isnt ill in any other way..........I just cant have a scratchin loon. I did her nails today in case she wants to over scratch No

PS Thanks for the vibes I love you
Fisshy
Mutts Fan
Mutts Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:56 pm

okay i'm going to get the candle lit again! i don't know how long things stay in an animal but if its the pic doing something it should have come out in 3 days or less (that's how long its supposed to stay in a human...though usually its not that long).
wonder if there's something in the house she's allergic to. *salem and toothpick esp have itchies like crazy, but since i washed the blankets in hot water and changed from the wooly type blankets to old sleeping bags they seem to itch less and the sores salem was getting on his sides seem to be drying up.*
not saying its a blanket, but might be worth while making a list of things that might have changed recently. (or maybe if its getting super hot off and on the heat or rain or something might be bringing something out?).
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:17 pm

Is there anything new in the house Gracie could be reacting to? A new laundry soap, new blankets (which sometimes have a chemical finish in the fabric), something like that? Did you have the windows open and the wind was blowing (pollen and mold)? Hives are a classic allergic symptom so there's definitely something setting her allergies off.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Fisshy on Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:22 pm

im pretty good with common sense stuff, but I would not be able to win at Jeopardy LOL
Been racking my brain over what could be new.............he said its something that is either biting her, she might be nibbling on etc. A needle in a haystack basically with 4 dogs I cant watch them all - I did get some alternative drugs to benadryl to see if they help any better. Not excatly the cut n dry answer I wanted but........she was in picture perfect health of course when he saw her Rolling Eyes
Fisshy
Mutts Fan
Mutts Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fisshy on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:10 pm

UNREAL!!!!!!!!! These blasted trees are right in my backyard hanging over my fence. Hubby noticed them yesterday - from a distance they look like crepe myrtle - I went to look today and sure enough there are like 3 of them. When we had to put the fence up we had to leave space there are so many trees/stumps/roots it was a pain for the guys so we had to bring it in some and now that its all bloomed we know what these trees are Evil or Very Mad

DOWN THEY WILL COME...............if I get rid of these and she stops hiving mystery solved What a Face
Fisshy
Mutts Fan
Mutts Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:00 pm

I hope that solves her mystery allergy problem. I would suggest planting some new trees in their place for the shade they provide, just something non-allergenic like pears or apples if you want fruit trees for the spring flowers.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:12 pm

what is it about the myrtle that creates the allergy? is it a bloom or the leaves or what? just wondering!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Fisshy on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:35 pm

fiffur wrote:I hope that solves her mystery allergy problem. I would suggest planting some new trees in their place for the shade they provide, just something non-allergenic like pears or apples if you want fruit trees for the spring flowers.
I dont need anymore trees got plenty Razz . Just found out its the neighbors tree so we hacked our side up as much as possible and got rid of the other one. Hard to see over the 6ft fence once he was on the ladder he saw it was just wayyyyy on our side.

Jeannie its not a crepe myrtle its a wild cherry tree and the leaves are cyanide and the berry pits toxic
Fisshy
Mutts Fan
Mutts Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:37 pm

You're going to have to keep trimming "your" side of that tree to keep it from dropping any leaves or fruit in your yard. Otherwise Grace will inevitably find it and trouble along with it.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:56 pm

i never knew there really were wild cherry trees! i guess i thought it was just a name they made up for a different flavor of cherry they used in KoolAid, Jello, and pop like Pepsi and Coke!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Fisshy on Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:14 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prunus_serotina

this should help Jeannie
Fisshy
Mutts Fan
Mutts Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:30 pm

ah.....we always called them dark cherries here in NJ and back home in MI they were sweet cherries (we make pies back home with sweet and sour cherries).
how is Gracie doing today?
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:53 am

I've seen a few of those trees around here in the forest preserve!
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Fisshy on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:28 pm

I dont even think they should be called cherries they are small - a berry period.

So far she has been ok. Gotta go home next week my dad is dying and I am going to say goodbye. I have to take the dogs and hope I dont run into anything there but I am taking all the meds with me just in case.
Fisshy
Mutts Fan
Mutts Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:31 pm

So sorry to hear about your dad Fisshy. Take the meds, no harm in being prepared just in case.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:42 pm

Fisshy, you do what you need to do. I know I will be thinking of you from time to time.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:45 pm

Fisshy, this is all very difficult, I know. You and yours are in my prayers.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:01 pm

take care of yourself and let the doggies take care of you too! this is a hard time but we're here for you when you need us.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Fisshy on Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:43 pm

Thanks all.
I hate being here when I used to take care of them but I suppose its for a reason. Dad never wanted to live the way he is, yet he is hanging on. Maybe its to see me (we are very close). I had my cry and I hope I can hold it together as I know in the end he has no quality of life right now. He is in hospice they say sometimes they live longer and better there......I just want him to know its ok to go. He loves Bindi so I am gonna make sure he gets many kisses from her! I love you
Fisshy
Mutts Fan
Mutts Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:09 pm

aw i bet Bindi will love to see him and he'll love to see Bindi:) its never easy, but hospice seems like a good place to be. the folks there know how to take care of folks.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:36 pm

And seeing both you and Bindi will do his heart good. I've heard if you actually whisper to them it's okay to go............even if they're sleeping they somehow can hear you. I know this is very hard on you, but hospice is a good place for him, they will take good care of him until the very end.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat on Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:40 pm

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that your father is gravely ill, Fisshy. I'm sending prayers to him and to you as you go through this difficult time. I know Bindi will bring him comfort.
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal on Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:56 am

Sorry to hear what is going on with your father... Sad
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down