Sabi's saga continued

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sabi's saga continued

Post by fiffur on Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:13 pm

Will do Becky! Hope that hurricane passes you by.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:18 pm

Keeping an eye on Earl, too, Becky. I really don't think think he's the one, but we never know, do we? My fingers are crossed for you.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:08 pm

Caught that on the news. That's looking real
ugly. Here's hoping that it pass you by.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:51 am

It looks like a close brush right now. The models keep changing. I have contacted people about barns to help with evacuated ponies, and I have a list of hotels that accept kitties. I don't think we'll have to leave, but it helps to have plans in place. That's what we were supposed to learn from Katrina, I think. Of course, I have heard nothing from the municipalities here. My town isn't a big deal... We all know about leaving because we are so low-lying. But, Virginia Beach and Norfolk would take 2 days to evacuate if all interstates were flowing out. You would think the officials would be prepping just in case. Sigh...
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:39 am

No kidding, the last place you'd want to be caught when a hurricane comes onto land is stuck in traffic on the highway! Glad you don't have to contend with that as much and have plans in place, just in case. Never hurts to be prepared, if it happens you're ready and if it doesn't you breathe a sigh of relief. Still hoping it passes you by...........
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:57 pm

It's looking like Earl will hit the NC outer banks then turn East. May it turn very very East very very quickly.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:33 pm

i'm watching....think i'm going to have to dig out my duck shoes ....i don't know which would look crazier or be hotter to wear...the low duck shoes (where the furry lining will be hot and get icky when wet) or my snow boots that are high enough the water won't get in?

don't know about flooding if Earl hits...maybe i should clean out some of the rubber maid containers in case the kitties need to start floating!
(i'm picturing that fwip fwip tail tearin' up the wind and a little bouncy dog racing after a ball in the Atlantic)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:06 pm

I hope Earl turns east very quickly too, so it will miss all of you!
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:53 pm

It looks like we're lucking out. The storm is looking like it will miss us for the most part. We're supposed to get some breeze and rain tomorrow night, but nothing to panic about. The sheriff called (recorded message that they send to all county residents) to say that there is no need to evacuate. The deputies are driving around to check on people in case some of the older folks need some help getting medicine or something just in case we do get some storm surge.

The farrier is still planning to come tomorrow. We have a morning schedule, so it will be well before any rain gets here. Sabi's foot looks a whole lot better to me. I hope he agrees. The wall looks healthier. I wonder if we will try another shoe or if we'll leave him barefoot for as long as possible. I'm pretty sure we'll go back to shoes for winter just to keep his foot above the frozen ground.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:57 pm

WHEW!!! Glad to hear that. I was worried about and was wondering if
you would be able to take the ponies.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:35 pm

I am so glad the storm will mostly miss you and Sabi won't have to postpone his visit with the farrier.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:17 pm

Tonight's news is good; Earl seems to be turning away now. Odd to see high cloud cover today here in central NC and know it's from a hurricane still way out at sea.

Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:49 pm

Glad to hear that Suzzz for both you and Becky.
That has got to be frightening having to evecuate
with furkids large and small.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:20 am

All here is fine. We have some wind and rain right now, but nothing to be concerned about. I'm happy for the rain. We were very dry.

Since I moved into a flood area, I make evacuation plans every year. I have contacts for barns in the central and western parts of the state, and know how to get there without getting caught up in the interstate madness that I know would happen if we had a real evacuation. The kitties would come with us no matter what. We would move the fish tanks upstairs and get timed-release food in the hopes that the fishies would be ok. So far, we've been REALLY lucky. Only 1 evacuation in 10 years. Not a bad deal for living in a low lying area right on the Bay.

Unfortunately, the farrier had to reschedule because we just didn't know what was going to be happening. So, Sabi has to wait until next week to see what's going to happen to his foot. But, he's doing well, so it isn't a big deal.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal on Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:45 am

At least he's doing well. Its been interesting to see how this storm has been affecting people I know...!
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:28 pm

Relieved to hear the hurricane passed you by for the most part. Glad Sabi is okay having to wait to see his favorite farrier.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:17 pm

Becky, all the weather news I get is for NC so I've been waiting to hear confirmation that you guys are okay. I'm so glad! I'm sorry Earl disrupted farrier plans, but better safe than sorry, I suppose.

I very much admire your clear thinking & planning regarding disaster preparedness. Way too often one hears of people whose plan, apparently, was to "Run in circles, scream and shout!" Evil or Very Mad
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:00 am

Oh... The scream and shout crowd... They are always the first to complain about how circumstance ruined something. I can't feel bad for anybody in our area who refuses to plan for a storm. We are at sea level (or just a few feet above), and right at the water. But, I am always glad when we don't have to put our plans into action.

The sun is out today and the weather is lovely. Time to enjoy the day. Sabi is whinnying at me to let him out. He spent the night outside and must have just stopped napping.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:30 am

Enjoy the nice weather, hope it lasts all weekend long!
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:05 pm

Happy happy joy joy! We've had a beautiful day here in NC, and the high pressure that gave Earl the push-off is promising us a gorgeous weekend. I intend to keep all windows and doors open as long as it lasts. Enjoy, ponies! Very Happy
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:08 pm

It is fantastic here! The breeze is blowing, the temperatures perfect. On Sunday, I woke up to a pony pile in the back pasture. I woke up at 5 to feed as usual. I had asked the ponies to stay out for the night because it was supposed to be so nice. I called and called from the gate, but no response. I went hunting only to find all three boys sound asleep under a pine tree. When they heard me, they jumped up because they thought they were missing something important -- Sabi was the first on his feet. I have to say that it was the cutest thing I've seen in a long time.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:46 pm

Glad to hear you're having great weather. I would have loved to have
seen the ponies piled up like that. What an adorable image.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:54 am

Glad to hear you're having such glorious weather. After what this summer has handed you, you deserve it!
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:55 pm

It was warmer today, but still not like it was during the summer. I can feel autumn in the air.

Tomorrow is farrier day. Sabi is more than ready to have his tootsies done. His 3 good feet are just too long, and his bad foot can use some attention as well. I wonder if we'll go for a shoe or try for another month barefoot.

Envoy will also need some attention. Since we're going to a "camp" with some pretty serious riding in October, we need to make sure his feet are all ready. He'll get prepped tomorrow, and then I'll meet the farrier somewhere for an early treatment before we go away for a long weekend.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:25 pm

Just want to say that I'm glad the ponies had as good a weather weekend as I did. Loved the story of them under the tree, snoozing away and happy as clams, and Sabi the first to hop up to meet the new day! Very Happy

May the farrier visit go well for all our guys. Keep us posted, love.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum