Tonight I am going to watch...

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Tonight I am going to watch...

Post by jeanebellini on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:29 pm

the library i go to has that....kids come in and read to various dogs on certain days;) the dogs are nonjudgemental..they don't care what the story is or if the kid stumbles over words etc. its such a great idea (but you have to have the right dog....there's a lot of labs and shelties in it....i bet a pug would be good cuz they like to lay there and look at ya; ) )

right now i've got Dr Oz on...before that 3 Amigos (I used to have that movie nearly memorized!) snd Celtic Thunder's new show (which i've seen pieces of about 6 times this month but the first time i saw the whole thing all the way through!...this is the show they end with All God's Creatures)...tonight there's Big Bang Theory and Fairly Legal.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:51 pm

jb - I hate to tell you this, BUT - no Big Bang Theory tonite - the channel is loaded with college basketball, March Madness Sad I'm REALLY disappointed - think I'll read a book. Crying or Very sad

Jim
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:33 pm

grrrr.. i'm not into any sports (okay maybe hockey a tiny bit) but i learned to hate basketball big time in the last city i lived in. i swear 30 seconds of that game lasts 30 minutes and its always messing up my tv viewing! gawd...PBS is in begging mode and no Big Bang....i might be watching the 'guide' channel!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:52 pm

Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:27 pm

College basketball is huge here (UNC Land). I don't watch it myself, but I do keep a close eye on the bracket.

I took y'all's advice and got the first disc of Doc Martin from Netflix. It's great! It's utterly hilarious in that understated British way, and also quite touching in spots, though it never tips over into sentimentality. I appreciate that. Ha! Love watching ol' Doc stumble his way through the boistrous humanity if his village, and actually grow a sprout or two of heart along the way. Thanks for the recommendation!
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:28 pm

How many discs are in the first season? Since I only get two movies a month
a tv series will use up several months worth of rentals. I might try the library.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:37 pm

The Chaperone at Brads since we didn't watch it last weekend. He's been chomping at the bit to see it.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:29 pm

Suzzz i like the dog ..i can't remember if he's in more than a handful of the first shows though. but that dog is funny.

i actually watched some of the Cartoon Network's MAD Magazine cartoon last night then ..gawd i can't remember what it was...then Fairly Legal (though that show is getting boring to me now).
basketball is on tv this afternoon and baseball is on the oldies radio station i listen to ....makes me hate sports more and more! (I'm sorry but all sports have been a burr in my butt since they interupted my Sat afternoon horror movies as a little bitty kid!!)
don't have any idea what is on tv tonight but i have to get up early so i'll be going to bed early so it doesn't matter too much.
By the way...right now (its just signing off) I'm listening to Steve Martin and the group he's just put out an lp with on The Green Space on one of the NYC NPR stations. (i always call it "PBS stations"...oh well..its the same station that has PHC on Sat night;) )
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:12 pm

Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:29 pm

The dog in Doc Martin is great. I'm sorry to hear they don't follow through with that. Sue, I think there are only 2 discs in the first season, but you should check Netflix. But when you think about it, TV shows might be the best value for your 2 discs a month. Several episodes vs. 1 movie each. Shoot, the first disc of ER had the movie-length pilot + 2 hour-long episodes on one side & 4 episodes on the flip side. But that's unusual!

Tonight I watched the most recent 2 episodes of Harry's Law (recorded). I really like that show. I'm a sucker for David Kelly's brand of legal soap opera. And by that I mean I loved Boston Legal. tongue

All that's on now is Basketball so I'm here. I'm not allowed to watch UNC play. They always lose when I watch them. I hope I didn't jinx them by switching channels and accidentially seeing a bit of the game. Shocked
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:11 pm

i don't know...the dog might be in other seasons of Doc...ya know he coudl be there but not a big part of it and i just didn't notice. (a lot of times i'm on here or folding clothes or something while its on!)

i've got some Mickey Rooney movie on a PBS station right now. i don't know what it is..i missed the first minute or two.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:29 pm

Don't worry about it. Right now I wouldn't worry about
UNC they up 15 over Long Island University. Take that back LIU just scored.
Still they have a double digit lead in the final two minutes.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:27 pm

The movie was good. Not sure about tonight's fare................
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:31 pm

nacho libre is on right now....i have no idea what is on after 8:00. one of the PBS stations seems to be back to almost over the money thing.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:32 pm

I do love PBS, and I understand why they have to have fundraisers, and I hope lots of people give lots of money (especially now when they're under fire), but, gawd, fundraising time is annoying. Embarassed

Tonight I watched Jack Goes Boating, my Saturday Night movie from Netflix. It's billed as a romantic comedy. No I suppose it's a comedy in the technical sense; the ending isn't totally tragic. But it's a slow, awkward, painful coming together of two damaged people. I liked them both (Philip Seymour Hoffman is, as always, brilliant, and so was Amy Ryan); I even felt for the very dysfunctional couple (their friends) who bring them together. But this just squeaks by as okay in my book, mostly because of how it was billed on Netflix. "Quirky, Romantic, Understated" is what they say. I'd at least add "Bittersweet" to give us some warning.

That's my movie review for tonight! pirat
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:45 pm

i remember when they were reviewing that movie....wasn't it PSH's directorial debut or did he write it or something? it just reminds me of an IFC movie that wouldn't be watchable elsewhere?

i don't mind the stations asking for donations...i used to donate every year (but could only do it once a year. i also used to pledge for the radio stations as well (I still have my Powder Milk Biscuits shirt around here somewhere).but i just can't afford it anymore...maybe its because of where i am living now (the membership minimum is a lot more than it was in MI and TX)or maybe its just my income. its also just overwhelming here cuz there are three PBS station that do it all at once! You can't get a break for 4-6 wks every three or four months!

I'm just finishing up Les Miz 25th Anniversary (and yesh, they're in a break begging as i type...they're not even showing what you can get if you do the lower amount...it starts at $120...gawd that's about a week's pay!!).
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:07 pm

oh if only i had the money .,..i'd make a pledge now...they've extended the run of Rain (the group that is really the next best thing to the Beatles..they're really really good;) )and the PBS that is showing Rain's concert has concert tickets and a meet and greet thing the day after my bd. but its more than a week's pay:(
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:56 pm

Just like with saving furkids, we can't do it all. There are plenty of corporations that love to see their names on the PBS list, just like there are plenty of humans who overflow with help for human diseases and disasters. That's wonderful! But who steps up to help animals? What money I can afford to donate goes, for the most part, to animal causes. It's a tough decision to make at times, though!
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:12 pm

It is a tough decision. Understand this though how many of us would leave
without our pets. It's something that they found the hard way with Katrina.

Jeane, I understand what you are talking about. Still if all you can afford to give
is $5.00 then it's five dollars more than they had before. LOL!!! I've told this story
before in different forums. There was a carrier that also worked for my beloved friend Dick at
the same time I did, threw five dollars on the floor of the warehouse because he was
entitled to more than that as a tip. Dick picked it up and handed it to me saying that's
five dollars more than she had before. Moral no matter how small it is, it's always more than
you had before.

Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t on Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:58 pm

Don't know if anyone else out there cares, but the new season of "Dancing with the Stars" starts tonite - I'll look in to see who I'll root for, but I don't think I'll watch it EVERY week.

Jim
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:11 pm

I don't normally watch that but I think I will
check it out.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:27 pm

wendy williams (who i always think 'wendy o williams...no its NOT her' in my head...anyone else remember wendy o williams?) is on this year she's from and still lives right here in NJ. (she's a big woman if you've never seen her talk show and she really tells it like it is...i love watching her show but don't know how long she'll last in the show)...Ralph Macchio (the kids from Karate Kid)....Kristie Alley (another big chick who will be fun to watch)...other than that i can't remember who's on. if i remember and there's nothing else on i'll watch....but i've GOT to watch Harry's Law:)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat on Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:39 pm

I'm with you Jim. I like DWTS, but don't want to go crazy over it. If it's anything like past years, I watch the dancing night, but don't watch the elimination night. It's usually almost a rerun of the previous show, and you wait and wait and wait for the last 5 seconds when they vote someone off. I don't much care about that part. I like to see how they progress though.
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:51 pm

i don't know if its going to keep my interest.....don't know if i'm even going to watch the next show...is it like that singing (er..american idle;) )where they show two shows back to back one day to the next or do they have it on just once a week? (I haven't watched it since Penn was on it and then i think i only caught a couple shows and turned it off as soon as he was done with his dance).
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:08 pm

Watching something on PBS about Mark Twain. So far it's interesting.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum