Urp
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Damsons and dogs. Not a good combination

Post by Suzzzz on Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:09 pm

Oh, sh*t. I'm so sorry, Bob. Let those two in one more time and let them read this:

Listen up, you, two! NO MORE EATING POOP!!! Charlie, you behave yourself! And Bramble, what are you thinking taking your cue from young Charlie? You know he's a goofball! Eating poop is nasty and potentially harmful. Act your age!

Oh, well, I know they won't listen. Bob, I understand your dilemma. If those poor dogs are eating meat flavored cereal, I'm sure they are "missing something from their diet" but at least they're eating. Under the circs I don't know what else you can do beyond trying to find some cheap (to satisfy mi'lor) alternative with more protein & nutrients. Probably hopeless. Shovel to the shoulder, my friend.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:17 pm

Well Charlie has taken your message to heart Suzzzz and has gone 'cold turkey' on his effluent intake. Bramble, however, has decided to diversify and ate Pol's yesterday.
I can't relax for a moment. It's like running a downmarket drivethrough. I brought another snowshovel round yesterday so I'm ready.
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:03 pm

ROTFL

Good Lord, Bob, you may have to buy shovels in bulk and place them at 10 meter intervals along the fences. Dogs! Who'd have them?? All I have to do is follow Shop around with a plastic bag so I can pick up her effluent and pitch it off the path and into the woodsy part of the yard. And that's bad enough. If she ever starts eating it, I'll put a muzzle on her! Well, no, of course I won't. But I'd want to! Shocked
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:32 am

Oh no! I am tempted to send some horse/doggy treats to you so maybe you can distract Bramble for enough time for you to get rid of the "tasty" piles. My farrier's goldens swear by the carrot flavored horse cookies!
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:42 am

I was going to say maybe he was trying to get a 'second tasting' of those damsons but now that Pol's is also on the treat menu.......................? Someone needs to sit him down for a heart to heart about good treats and bad ones.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob on Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:51 pm

bpaquet wrote:Oh no! I am tempted to send some horse/doggy treats to you so maybe you can distract Bramble for enough time for you to get rid of the "tasty" piles. My farrier's goldens swear by the carrot flavored horse cookies!

I have dog treats, but they get so few of them from their 'owner' that they go a bit hysterical over them and you don't get a minutes peace.
I'm afraid I'm just going to havew to do what I'm doing at the moment and move like the FLash to scoop the offending droppings before anyone gets to them. I've managed it today so there may yet be hope.
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:59 pm

oh no i have the mental image of bob in sheldon's flash suit carrying a shovel and zippping around the english countryside. (like sheldon did when he had to go scream;) )
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob on Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:35 pm

jeanebellini wrote:oh no i have the mental image of bob in sheldon's flash suit carrying a shovel and zippping around the english countryside. (like sheldon did when he had to go scream;) )

Well you got the screaming right. lol
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:13 pm

OhLord, the visual you just gave me Jeane........................ Shocked Laughing
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob on Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:05 pm

Been told of an easy way to stop the poo eating. Pineapple in their food. Apparently when it 'reappears' it make the product unappetizing to the little dears. Gonna give it a try.
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:16 pm

never heard about the pineapple...but as long as it doesn't hurt the pooch and they like it i don't see how it could hurt! maybe its what the pineapple enzymes do when they go through the body that makes it even funkier.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:58 pm

Fascinating. Let us know!
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:39 am

Yes, please let us know if it really works. I know several people here in town who are desperate for something cheap that does work for that.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob on Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:01 am

According to a friend of mine, who had a Labrador that ate its own poop, feeding a bit of pineapple or even spinach in with the food makes the poop totally unpalatable.
The pineapple option worked for her.
I know that stress can cause this problem and there is the possibility that because the girls are in season and seperated from the boys this could make the situation worse. Another cause could be that they aren't allowed in the house anymore. That was the home they have known from puppyhood so it must have been a shock to their systems. More stress. I get them out for a run every couple of hours (I know Dave has left them for 6-7 hours at a time) so I try to keep the boredom level down for them. The fact that they're in the stable, facing onto the farmyard so they can see comings and goings and are permanently disturbed during the day, rules out their sleeping for great lengths of time (which would help).
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:09 pm

i didn't they went from inside dogs to outside dogs...gawd they probably are having emotional problems. eating poop to them is probably like one of us stuffing our faces with chocolate...or coffee...or cigarettes! (though i think i'd rather have the chocolate or coffee!)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob on Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:15 am

jeanebellini wrote:i didn't they went from inside dogs to outside dogs...gawd they probably are having emotional problems. eating poop to them is probably like one of us stuffing our faces with chocolate...or coffee...or cigarettes! (though i think i'd rather have the chocolate or coffee!)

Oh Dave announced that he now only has to vacuum once a week instead of three or four times now that the dogs are in the stable. Well whoop de doo. I'd rather vacuum every day than lose my furry companions.

Got the Goldies (and my girls, obviously) a treat from the local pet store yesterday.

Pig's snouts. Crunchy and fun. They loved them.
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:09 pm

damn straight,bob,,...i don't vaccuum that much but i'd rather live in a pile of cat fur than no fur at all! (and i often wonder how i lived for all those years in TX without so much as a hamster as a roommate! my 'pet'down there was a lizard that lived on the patio....not the same thing at all!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:57 am

He also wouldn't have to vacuum as often if he BRUSHED them on a daily basis. Not only would he benefit from the relaxing health benefits of brushing them, the dogs would love it too. Poor babes, banished from the only home they've known, yet still close enough to see it. I know they don't understand why they're suddenly not allowed inside anymore.

Personally, I'd rather have the dogs inside than most people I've known.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:53 pm

Shop Dog gets agitated if she can't see out, so maybe being in the stable, seeing the comings and goings, is not as distressing to them as you might think. Yet being there and not being able to join in might frustrate them. Hell, I don't know! I'm grateful you let them out to run around fairly often.

I hate that they've been banished from their home. How will they handle winter when it's cold in the stable and they have no couches to lie on and fires to lie next to? I wish I could stick Dave in the stable for a few weeks come January. GRRRRRR!!!!!
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:20 pm

Suzzzz wrote: I wish I could stick Dave in the stable for a few weeks come January. GRRRRRR!!!!!
I actually like that idea Suzzzz...........turnabout is fair play after all. Only he would not be allowed a coat, gloves, shoes, blankets, you get the idea.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:35 pm

There's an idea...
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob on Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:12 pm

Suzzzz wrote:I hate that they've been banished from their home. How will they handle winter when it's cold in the stable and they have no couches to lie on and fires to lie next to? I wish I could stick Dave in the stable for a few weeks come January. GRRRRRR!!!!!

After I had a go at him back in January, he actually put a carpet in there for them. I had another go at him abouyt lying on the hard floor. He said they were fine with the carpet. I got some wood out of his woodstore and I made two sofas. Upholstered them with a couple of duvets Beryl got from a charity shop and then covered them with heavy curtains and tacked the lot in place. Result is that they don't lie on the floor any more and have comfortable couches to lie on. Puddle, of course, has ruined the whole thing by trying to eat the carpet. Most of it is intact so the floor is still fairly well covered, and I have to say that the stable is remarkably warm even without heating.
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:40 pm

Well, that makes me feel SOMEWHAT better. Suspect Actually, I think it's brilliant! To make the dogs some couches? That's wonderful! Honestly, Bob, you've been heroic with everything you've had to deal with on the farm. And you keep on doing it. I'da just sat in the middle of the floor and cried by now.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:11 am

Suzzzz wrote: I'da just sat in the middle of the floor and cried by now.

Been there, done that and decided that, while I felt temporarily better, it didn't help the pupsqueaks.
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum