Loopy Envoy

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Loopy Envoy

Post by bpaquet on Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:33 pm

Envoy's off for his 2-week babysitting gig starting tomorrow. He's packing up his bags and getting ready today. His brothers are not aware of his upcoming absence -- or so it seems. They're all out in the pasture since the storm decided to go north and leave us with only chilly, damp wind. No riding today. It's too squishy and wet. Tomorrow though... I just hope I'm more awake. This weather has me wanting to hibernate.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:29 pm

Babysitting?
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:17 pm

The trainer is off to fall trade shows, so Envoy and I are babysitting her horses. One of them had a meltdown the other day. I hope he is back to having a brain. He's too big to be silly.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:46 am

Oh... Babysitting is when we go and take care of evening chores for the trainer's horses. Envoy hangs out and watches the paddock, and I feed/turn out/clean up.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:17 pm

Oh, I see. Babysitting, yesh. Mom takes care of the backbreaking chores while Envoy keeps a sharp lookout for crickets in the compound. Sounds fair. Shocked 2 weeks you're doing this?? Darling, you have a big heart! I assume you have fair trade with your trainer! I love you
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:07 pm

I get the good end of the deal. I get to ride in her indoor arena all winter in trade for taking care of her horses for a grand total of 5 weeks during the winter. Envoy gets to stay for free as long as I provide hay/food/bedding. It's a more than fair trade, although I am awfully sleepy from all the driving. Smile
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:15 am

Just be careful. Can you take a short nap in the tack room before
you hit the road?
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:20 pm

That sounds like a very sweet deal. But I agree with Sue; make sure you take care of yourself, too, please! How long a drive is it?
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:26 pm

I put a lot of miles on the poor old car in the winters. I drive 43 miles to work, 30 miles from work to the trainer's and then 52 miles home. I can rest all I need there. She always offers coffee and if I feel too tired to drive, I can flop on the sofa for a while. Normally, I'm a nightowl and don't feel the sleepiness until the next morning. I don't really wake up until 10:00, and early mornings are a challenge. But, I'm ok. The exercise really helps to keep me awake for the drive home. I'm usually pretty jazzed up then. Smile Cool
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:20 pm

Envoy saw the chiropractor/vet today. Poor guy is very sore in his back. He's been working hard. He is a 3 out of 5 on his right side and 2 out of 5 on the left. He got adjusted and also acupuncture. He has 2 days off and a few days of light riding to get things moving better. I will also give him a shot of Adaquan (a glucosamine type of medicine) at the beginning of December. He is doing very well otherwise. The vet says he is in good weight and is building muscle the good way. His soreness is just from hard work, and regular chiropractic work with some massages should keep him working happily for many years. Yippee!

The good thing is that I can pay the chiropractor bill when I take Sabi for his tooth extraction next week. The chiro vet is the owner of the clinic that does dentistry and surgery. It's a very convenient deal.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:58 pm

Sending some ((((((((((((((((healing vibes)))))))))))))))))))) for Envoy's back. He sure is working hard to be that sore. Please give him some gentle hugs and a carrot from me.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:46 am

He seems to feel much better after his treatments. He was bopping around his paddock last night. He didn't seem to care that the rain was pouring down and the wind was blowing like crazy. Fortunately, he didn't get too wet. I had to put his sheet on since the temperature was supposed to drop like crazy. Sure enough! It's cold and rainy this morning.

We'll ride lightly today to make sure things are feeling good. I guess he will need regular treatments to keep him comfy through the winter. (Wallet is screaming!)
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:15 pm

Isn't your wallet always screaming for one reason or another? Neutral
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:36 pm

Yes. My wallet is perpetually screaming.

Envoy came home from a short trip to boarding school yesterday. He is happy to see his brothers. They were talking to him as we pulled into the driveway. Very cute play this morning. I think I'll find some MUDDY ponies when I come home. It's moist, and that means mud. Envoy has been clean for 3 weeks. I know he's looking forward to getting FILTHY.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:14 pm

Are you staying home for Thanksgiving, Becky? Just think -- four whole days of hosing down ponies! Very Happy
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:39 pm

Envoy clean for 3 weeks + mud = Shocked LOL
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down