Loopy Envoy

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Loopy Envoy

Post by bpaquet on Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:34 pm

I went out to get Envoy for a nice afternoon ride. Apparently, he wanted to run and run and run. He bolted around the pasture while X and Sabi stared at him like he was crazy. Every once in a while X would buck up and show Envoy his feet, but for the most part, it was just Envoy running like a fool.

Eventually, he stopped for a drink of water and I put his halter on. He was sweating and breathing REALLY hard. I walked him out and hosed him. Then I saddled him for a nice easy ride to make sure he didn't get all sore from running so much. He was his usual steady self under saddle, so I have no idea what got into him in the pasture. Sometimes, horses are just weird.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Re: Loopy Envoy

Post by Sue Short on Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:09 pm

Sounds like he a case of the cool weather crazies. Only it's a bit early for
that.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:36 pm

Sometimes we just get the ya ya's. I once saw my sweet Lab, Abby, when she was maybe 4 or 5, take off and run in huge circles around the back yard. She ran until she was exhausted (but happy). Never saw her do such a thing before or after, and she was a sweet, mostly placid dog for the rest of her 12 years. Who knows?? Stress relief? Bug bites? Joy of life? They never say.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:07 pm

Sounds like a case of the zoomies to me! If kitties and puppers can get it, why not ponies too? Sounds like Envoy was having fun with the wind in his hair.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:20 pm

Envoy has settled into his pre-camp training, and he's enjoying himself. Today, while we were riding in the indoor arena with a huge thunderstorm crashing outside, Envoy found a pet kitty. She is a little blackish/calico kit. She doesn't look like she feels very well, and she definitely needs a meal or two. My trainer says she belongs to one of the neighbors, but they don't count as good kitty parents to me. This poor little one is just as bad off as a stray. She is super friendly, although she is afraid of horses. I am going to bring some crunchy food for her tomorrow and set it up in the arena while we ride. Maybe she'll look better if I get some calories in her. Envoy thinks she is great. He tried to sniff her, but she ran under a bench.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:25 pm

Glad to hear that the pre camp training went well. Hope you can help the kit. Will your trainer
let her stay on as a barn cat. It's better than being out in the cold completely.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:57 am

Kit sounds like she needs a few good friends like you to look out for her. Will the trainer let her stay inside for the winter? I don't think her 'family' will mind that much.

Shame she's so afraid of Envoy, he sounds like he wants a lil friend. I know he wouldn't hurt her at all.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:54 pm

Remind us, Becky. Who among your horses had a pet before?
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:45 pm

Sabi had little Tippy during Tippy's last days. He showed up in Sabi's stall and spent his quiet days in the corner trying to save up the strength to get better. Sabi loved Tippy for the short time he was with us.

No sign of the little kit today. I put some food in the indoor arena just in case, but I picked it up before I left so I don't draw raccoons in there. No wildlife welcome inside! I have a feeling that the little one will be spending the winter in the barn and hay room. It's a very nice place to be during the cold times.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:03 pm

Envoy did GREAT at camp. I need to post pictures, but I need to get them from the people who took them. For some reason, I didn't take pictures of myself while we were riding. Laughing
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:59 am

Well, it would be rather hard to get a decent pic of yourself from that close up.................. Laughing
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:19 pm

Welcome home, Envoy! Glad you and he had a nice time camping. tongue You know we're up for pics as soon as they're available!

How was the re-entry? Envoy coming home, I mean. I already read that Sabi let E know that the stay at homes get first place in line at the gate at dinnertime. Fair enough. How is X acting? For that matter, how did X and Sabi do while big boy was off on his adventures?
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:36 pm

Everything at home was smooth. Envoy and X sniffed noses and that was that. They ran around like goofballs when they first went out together, but everything is back to normal now. My horses have always been pretty good at remembering their buddies and just accepting when somebody comes/goes. I'm glad X is fitting into that mold.

Here are some pix of Liz Steacie riding Envoy. http://www.flickr.com/photos/65284775@N05/sets/72157627749730891/ I'll send them to you, Fiff.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:24 pm

Very nice, very nice indeed.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:17 pm

I'm so glad X is fitting in so well with your guys, and the routine coming/going is becoming something not to get upset about. The pics were wonderful BTW.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:09 pm

Envoy looks so good! High and bright, paying attention to doing his work well, utterly gorgeous. I'm glad his homecoming was smooth. He and X running around like goofballs? What could be a better hello? Very Happy
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:19 am

Today is the first time we'll get to practice since we came back. The weather has been so dreary! It's getting dark so early that I think I'll have to pull out the shop lights so we can ride. One day, we'll have an arena with lights, but it's WAY down on the property improvement list.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:24 am

Such a nice pony! He's been a positive gentleman. We haven't had amazing rides like we did at our camp, but our rides are much improved. I think I don't push myself or Envoy quite as hard at home. It's hard without real good footing and some fear on my part about things hopping out of the woods. I'm getting over that though, and Envoy is saying, "Thank you for trusting me, mom!" Very Happy
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:00 pm

Well, I think being at home should be different from training camp. If y'all want to get into the rink at home and train, that's one thing. But if you want to have a companionable ride together through the countryside, that's another. It should be a gentler experience. He seems to be telling you that what he's learned at camp, what you've learned together, carries over; that he gets it. Nice pony, indeed!
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:52 pm

He is indeed a steady Eddie. He has such a nice way of moving.
Even companable rides can be times for learning too.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:05 pm

More pictures. The lady in black is one of the clinicians. http://www.flickr.com/photos/65284775@N05/sets/72157627934364980/

There's one picture of another camper taking her lovely Grand Prix horse out for a hack. He's a wonder!

On their way to you, Fiff.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:48 pm

Envoy is such lovely boy and I'm so GREEN EYED WITH ENVY I can't stand
it. All that beautiful countryside and all those wonderful fences.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:38 pm

I wish my place had wonderful fences like that. I have a combination of electric tape and wood fence. Oh well... It's functional and safe. That's the most important thing. The countryside in the VA mountains is beautiful. We have wonderful scenery here too, but we're flat, so our horizons are not as spectacular.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:45 am

I noticed that too, the wonderful scenery you get to see when you ride. It's mostly flat here too (I haven't ridden in decades) with little to see besides fields of corn or highways.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:30 pm

We see lots of trees close up, so our horizon is really close too. My house is surrounded by large trees, so I don't see much beyond my 4 corners. I will be taking Envoy to the trainer's this weekend so we can babysit her horses for a couple weeks. The horizon there is a bit bigger since her area is more developed, and that means that the big trees aren't around to block the views. But, I like my trees better. Development means you get to see lots of roofs and not much going on in the sky.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum