arts and crafts

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

Re: arts and crafts

Post by fiffur on Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:30 pm

If that doesn't work you may have to go for broke and get that drain snake to get at it. Easier than taking the curved trap apart so you can get further down the line (and have it leak when it's put back together--been there, done that, and regretted it).
fiffur
Guard Dog's Guardian Angel

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:15 pm

ya know,i just remembered i bought this brush thing for the dryer that never seems to work...its to dig the lint out of the dryer. it bends so maybe it would get farther into the d rain. might try it tomorrow.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:20 pm

It might.

You might try attaching a small hose to the end of the vaccum (if it's the canister type) to suck the lint out of the dryer. Even if you have to use duct tape to attach that small hose (like from a gas siphon kit or something that size) it should work.
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:02 pm

my vacuum is so nasty (can't get a new filter for it and i can't cleaN the filter any more) that it wouldn't get enough suction for it. i tried using the vacuum hose years ago and it never went deep enough even when it had more suction. We have to be super caReful with the dryer right now....they had to connect the outlet exhaust thingie(or whatever its called) to the outside and again. and when they did that last time (not long after they had bought the new dryer)it kept blowing out a fuse...a very expensive fuse that they won't want to replace. Sooo... i might be able to wash clothes but not be able to dry them. (and don't suggest a line inside cuz there's no where to put it! and the line outside ...well,i can do some things out there but its very close to the house and there's so much pollen that any bedding or any of my outside clothes or towels won't be able to be dried out there...at least not until after the first hard frost and all the pollen goes away.)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:00 pm

Got the fleece sheet nearly done. Now I know why they charge so much for them.........the corners are harder than I thought they'd be.
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:24 pm

unless i get a chance to go to micheals before the weekend i'm going to have find something else to make for folks at the con. and even i get a ride there i'm going to have bust my butt making these things. gawd i hate that its three buses to get to micheals each way....if it were one bus i'd have gotten the stuff and be done with it..esh!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:38 pm

At least you do have a bus to get to the nearest Michael's; mine is so far away you either get a ride or have to drive to get there. No bus. Any chance you'll get that ride to get there before the weekend?
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:47 pm

i would have to take at least three buses...paying for each transfer along the way to get there and back.it would take three hours each way and i'd be in the store no more than an hour. it might as well be in the next state. i can get into the city in under an hour and only one bus!
the way they've cut buses around here there really may not even be a bus that stopped over there. at least you have a car so you can drive to where you really want to go whenever you care to go there.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:20 pm

That's only if I have the gas money to put some in the tank. Most of the time I don't. The car shimmies really bad at only 40mph now so that's getting worse.
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:58 pm

welp, for the price of the trip to micheals and back you could get...hmm...4 gallons of gas or more. would take maybe 20 minutes (both ways together) instead of the 3-4 hrs or more for the buses. still easier and cheaper if you have a car.

i wish the craft places on the net would have more frequent free shipping with no minimum purchase (or purchase of like $20-$25 instead of $50 or more!). its hard enough to justify spending $25 on yarn and embroidery thread but $50 i just can't do!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:58 pm

I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes I find somebody on Ebay that will give free shipping on a much lesser amount of stuff.
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:45 pm

well,the con has come and gone and i never got the thread i needed to make the stuff i wanted to give out.
here is what i was trying to make (not the best pic and its sideways!)

the problem i had was the color of the TARDIS (the blue thingie)....in fact this either came out in scan as darker than it was or the color was darker to start with. there's a range of blues the TARDIS can be but its hard to explain it...you just have to look at the colors and see what they look like! If i ever get back to Micheals again i guess i'll need to buy about a dozen skeins of the right color thread.
I'm thinking of something else i need to make (this is for a halloween swap sort of like a secret santa)that involves a fawn colored pug. i need to get a box i can put my thread in so i have it altogether....all i've been able to find in my crafting drawers are the blues,black and white that i had.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:51 am

Darn it, I can't see the pics.................need it as an attachment to email to see them. Stupid library computer filters.
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:58 pm

i'm sure you've seen it before..i had it in the other forum...its my TARDIS design as a book mark. the one i took the pic of is on a silver backing that i sent to David Tennant for his bd a few years ago.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:11 pm

I vaguely remember that bookmark, I remember the lil pug card you made much better.
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:14 pm

i've got to make aother pug card...this one will be halloween themed. i have to send my secret halloween pal box out on Tues and i can't find a pug halloween card i like! i'd like to make a cross stitched one but it will more than likely be a drawn one instead.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:53 pm

Oooooo, I bet it will still turn out cute! And of course, we have to see it here. Very Happy
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:38 pm

i'm hoping to get a chance to do it on MOn. i have to send the box out on Tues and right now i'm feeling so funky i doin't think i'll be doing much more than going to work and doing what i have to do here on the net and hitting the bed.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:40 pm

I hope you can do it too, it sounds really cute.
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:52 pm

haven't got the energy to draw today.....but i made a few of the little pumpkins i've made earlier and am going to put those in the box. i've got a medium size flat rate box and i'm trying to fill it up!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:33 pm

I know the 'no energy' feeling. I feel tired all the time, but so far I'm still accomplishing stuff because I force myself to continue the sort/purge while it's still warm enough in my place to do it. Winter is very fast approaching and I won't be able to do a thing with gloves on.
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:35 pm

i have a feeling what is draining me is either a virus or an infection that just won't go away.
I need to sort out the stuff i got from the con etc cuz its getting bad down here but i just can't get myself to lift and carry that much stuff.
I made up the gift exchange box last night...never got the card drawn but i put in a couple of my mini zines and those two pumpkins i made plus a bag of "black cat poop'Smile
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:49 pm

Black Cat Poop? What's that? I know it's not actual 'litterbox presents'.
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:19 pm

no,its a mix if haloween candy i make up and put a special header that i created for it.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:32 pm

Ohhhhh, now I get it. Right now I'm trying to draft a crochet pattern for a little coat for Maggie, since I can't find a nice one online. Not making much progress with it so far though.
fiffur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum