arts and crafts

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: arts and crafts

Post by fiffur on Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:03 pm

Had to look up soutache, not sure what it was. Found a pic that was very interesting using that technique, emailed it to you with the link in case you want to try it. It had beads worked into it and it looked very nice. You could use cord instead of the wire the pic had, maybe tacking it when it's finished to a thin ribbon backing if it won't stay braided in place properly?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:13 pm

got the email you sent, Fif, but it really wont work for what I want to do.

speaking of soutache, I've got some nice instructions for jewelry made with beads and soutache. I might try some for an elaborate collar or necklace
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:56 am

Did the pic I emailed you inspire that idea by any chance? It was nice.....I couldn't quite figure out how they made that and couldn't get into the instruction video.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:22 pm

no, I subscribe to bead and button magazine and beading with soutache was the cover story in this month's issue.
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:37 pm

he bead embroidery is all finished for the bag. I have to cut out the lining and hand sew the bag together, edging is rsatin ribbon which I will sew closed with beading, then finish off the flap with an edging technique using more beading.
I've got to make a trip into the city to check out some wholesale trimming supply stores to get something to do the strap.

Tomorrow I'll be going to a workshop to make a Northwest region basket. I've always been asking the Museum education program to give us basketry workshopws and since they started I've gone to 6 different classes, all from different regions using different techniques and materials.
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:22 am

well, I never got to the workshop yesterday. Mad
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:46 am

OhNo, will they have notes or something so you know what you missed, and how the basket weaving was done?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:48 pm

no. its just a missed opportunity.
I don't see any workshops in the forseeable future in the online calendar. I think Jorge, my friend and the education division manager is quitting Evil or Very Mad major bummer
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:42 pm

Got that right....major bummer.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:13 pm

not just the fact that there is no workships coming up, but I like Jorge as a person and hate to see him go
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:34 pm

Where is he going? Is he moving away or just wanting to take a break from workshops? Just wondering if you knew.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:07 pm

No, he said he was going to leave the museum altogether and give up as head of the education department. He says its about "politics" within the museum and he hasn't been happy their. One of the instructos, Cody has also been let go.
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:30 pm

Nothing like politics to mess up a good thing, anywhere. Major bummer. Maybe he'll hold classes elsewhere? Can anyone put a bug in his ear to maybe do that, perhaps at a library or his home?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:15 pm

Jorge doesn't hold the classes, Fif. He's the education director and sets up workshops with different native American artiss from all around the US.
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

pet postcard project

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:56 pm

anyone see this today? I'm thinking i need to get some large index cards and start making a few of these to send in. if i did one for each of the Rescue Kitties...those that are gone and those still here AND all the doxies upstairs over the years...gee..i'd have about 15 or more!
you don't have to have a computer to do it..you have to mail them in. but i'm sure if you can put at least 4 or so in an envelope for one stamp. its a good project and something fun. Here's a couple pages with the info :
http://www.halopets.com/freekibble/donation56.html
that's the company page that i believe is going to donate the food...good company that Ellen DeGenerous is involved in (or owns..i'm never quite sure)

more info here...
http://betterwords.typepad.com/petpostcardproject/pet-postcard-project-stray-cat-alliance-jackson-galaxy-halo-purely-for-pets-freekibble-and-pet-armor.html

maybe the best info here...
http://betterwords.typepad.com/petpostcardproject/food-raiser-campaigns.html

this gives you the idea of what to do and where to send them. remember they have to be REAL and not something printed off a site or pictures taken from a mag etc. (so you can't use anything patrick has drawn or quotes etc). BUT you can draw your own pictures of pets and you use your own words for the wishes, etc.

maybe we could all send ours in with a note saying something about supporting them because of patrick and mutts ...just an idea. we can all get together and come up with what we want to do IF there's anyone else who wants to do it.
and you don't have to do a lot...just one card will help!!!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:48 pm

this seems like an excellent thing. I'm going to have to come up with some creative things to send in.
As each postcard has to be mailed individually by snail mail, I don't think we can send them all together, but we might mention something about patrick and mutts individually, but each post card has to be unique
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Fire Flower on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:39 pm

Thanks for letting us know about this, Jeane. I am going to make one for Bullet. I love you
Fire Flower
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:58 pm

i'm pretty sure yo can mail more than one in an envelope..that's what got me thinking of doing one for each of the Rescue Kitties and the doxies. but we would each send in our own envelopes. i'm glad they're not being sent as postcards to this place..putting them in an envelope you can be more creative and not worry about the postal machines eating them up!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:04 pm

oh, I thought they had to be mailed as postcards. I'll have to look at the instructions again. I'd like to do one for each of my departed kitties.
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:31 pm

I would have at least 14 if I included every pet my family has had.......including the current ones. And if I included the rescue guinea pigs and gerbils that number would be even higher. We had one guinea pig who played with the dog and another who played with stuffed toys.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:38 pm

I worked some more on my bead embroidered bag on Saturday.
I also took out a book at the library on bead embroidery which is giving me some very nice ideas
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:00 pm

I haven't worked on my beading for awhile. I want to finish that bag.

I signed up for a Northwest Native American mask making class at the museum which will be in a couple of weeks, another attempt at wood carving! I'm still slowly working on the flute project. may take years to finally finish, LOL, thought I can play on it now.
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:06 pm

lovekitties wrote:I haven't worked on my beading for awhile. I want to finish that bag.

I signed up for a Northwest Native American mask making class at the museum which will be in a couple of weeks, another attempt at wood carving! I'm still slowly working on the flute project. may take years to finally finish, LOL, thought I can play on it now.

well, tomorrow is the mask making class. they got smart and offered it on a Saturday and are giving us 5 hours, unlike the usual 2 we get on Thursday nights. unfortunately they don't have any other classes listed through October

I've got to start going to the beading circle at the AICH on friday nights, if obly to see some friends and actually work on my projects with likeminded people
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:39 pm

lovekitties wrote:
lovekitties wrote:I haven't worked on my beading for awhile. I want to finish that bag.

well, tomorrow is the mask making class. they got smart and offered it on a Saturday and are giving us 5 hours, unlike the usual 2 we get on Thursday nights. unfortunately they don't have any other classes listed through October

I've got to start going to the beading circle at the AICH on friday nights, if obly to see some friends and actually work on my projects with likeminded people

never did get to the maks making class. I was having a bad night friday night, so only fell asleep around 7Am and woke up at 10:30, a half hour after the class was supposed to start.
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:34 pm

Found an interesting crochet pattern I thought of making a purse with.....it works up to look kinda like lil kitties. My purse uses the bottom 3 inches or so of a Simple Pleasures fabric softener bottle as a liner.
http://crochet-mania.blogspot.com/2009/04/abstract-crochet-cats.html#!/2009/04/abstract-crochet-cats.html
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum