Hi, my name is....

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hi, my name is....

Post by Sue Short on Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:55 pm

My weekend was boring. It was so hot Meowmy wouldn't hardly let me spend anytime
at outside. I'm tired of all this nasty hot weather. Meowmy said while we are having a tough
time of it, we are still doing better than the East Coast. Still Meowmy and I got a lot of cuddle and
nap time. I even got to try some goat's milk brie cheese. It was nummers. Tonio
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:19 pm

Boring weekend here, too. Ma was all agitated about some storm but I didn't see anything. Said the power was out for hours yesterday. Huh. I think she was talking about afternoon naptime. I mean, who cares about power then? Sheesh. Ma says we're extemely lucky. I don't know about that. The dog's still here, after all.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:46 pm

Meowmy has been on out about the heat for ever. Tonio.

Weezer, dear heart be kind to Shop Dog. He had a really awful start in life
and his Caddy passed. Meowmy.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:44 pm

That heat is so bad sweetie it feels like it's been that way forever to your meowmy 'Tonio.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:06 pm

Sue Short wrote:Weezer, dear heart be kind to Shop Dog. He had a really awful start in life
and his Caddy passed. Meowmy.

Yeah, I know, but you gotta understand, that dog was the bane of my existence for a long time until she moved away. Now that she's back she's just as annoying as ever. But I am nice. Really! The most I do (mostly) is get in her face and say rude things. And she can't even hear me! She just grins down at me! Most annoying. At least she prefers to sleep downstairs in her big chair, so the giant kitty bed is still all mine & Ma's. Not like when that silly Daisy dog was here. She was too simple to even bother threatening much, but Ma let her sleep in the big bed with us! affraid Daisy and I had to stay on our own sides of the bed with Ma's legs as the divider, and I suppose that worked pretty well. Ma used to complain sometimes, though. *snerk* Something about not being able to turn over when we were packed in tight on both sides. Silly Ma!
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:15 pm

Weezer, precious one. I know that dogs can make a kitties life difficult at times but they
mean well. I'm sure Shop Dog didn't mean to be annoying. She's kind to you isn't she, doesn't
chase or be mean to you. I understand your predicament with Daisy, I used to go through that with
my other kitties. Meowmy
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:42 pm

Sue Short wrote:

Weezer, precious one. I know that dogs can make a kitties life difficult at times but they
mean well. I'm sure Shop Dog didn't mean to be annoying. She's kind to you isn't she, doesn't
chase or be mean to you.

Couldn't have said it better..............
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:15 pm

Well.... when I occasionally get really mean and in her face she does give me a bark, but it sounds slightly hysterical, like she's calling Ma (who always shoos us away from each other). True, Shop never gets in MY face. Better not! And she'd better not ever try to chase me! Not that she ever has. I guess the worst she does is jump over me when I block her way. Insulting, I call that! However, you may be right. Humph. I suppose I have better things to do than worry about that dog. Truth is, I just wish me & ma were the only ones here, like you Tonio. I just don't understand why Ma has to always have all these DOGS around all the time. Well, I guess I understand why this one is here. But I don't have to like it!

Cousin's Meowmy, I appreciate your compassion and shall consider live and let live. No promises, though.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:33 pm

Meowmy told me that the reason that she had Barky Persons in the past was to help
protect her and the kitties. She says you don't need a mean dog, you just need one that
is loyal and barks. Not yappy annoying barks but intruder alert barks. Still I'm glad I'm an
only child. Tonio

Weezer always return the compassion that was given to you. Meowmy
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat on Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:01 am

I ♥️ my barky friend Lyra VERY much! I give her head butts all the time. I'm OK with her brother Argo, but he likes to try to butt in on my Meowmy time, and sometimes I have to muscle my way in between them because Meowmy was MINE first. And they both know better than to walk over me when I block their way, because that's when I'm being devilish ish and will swat them as they go by!

~Bobby cat
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:47 am

Hi, Cuz!!!. I've heard Meowmy talk about some of her past Purry Pursons and how they handled the
Barky Purson. It's funny. It sounds like you have everything under control. Tonio
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:08 pm

You certainly do. Smile
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:43 pm

Ha! Bobby, when Shop leaps over me, believe me, I swat! So far I haven't been able to land a punch, though. She moves pretty fast for an oldie. Your Lyra sounds okay! That boy dog, though, foo. If he thinks he can be top cat, you just keep showing him better. He may be sweet, but he ain't no cat. Cats have lap priority.

I must admit Shop is not at all a mean dog, and never barks for no reason (except, occasionally, at me... okay, okay, maybe I give her reason Twisted Evil ). And loyal & protective as hell! Family story (made short), once ex-Dad and Shop were in Dad's empty shop, and a local miscreant tried to come in and bother Dad. Dad wanted no part of it, and when the miscreant tried to insist, Shop (who truly loves all people) went and stood by Dad at the ready, a low growl coming from her throat. She did not attack, but was like a coiled spring. One word from Dad and she would have torn that guy to pieces, but she waited for his word. Fortunately it wasn't necessary. The combination of decisive Dad and a million kilowatts of backup dog convinced the guy to give it up and move on.

I have no doubt Shop saved my Dad that day, and would protect me and Ma to her last breath if it came to that. Lord knows, gentle little Daisy the WonderBeagle would have slept through even the noisiest of robberies and would have only woken up when some kind policeman gave her an ear-rub long after the fact. Ma finds it comforting having Shop downstairs at night, and I suppose I do, too. But Ma just seems to love her so much! Almost as much as she loves me!! Galling, I tell you, galling.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:01 pm

Well you see Weezer my dogs were too big to be lap dogs, they did share the couch and
the bed with me though. The kitties didn't mind, you see Chancey would sleep at my feet and
the kitties at the head with their own pillow. Contessa had her own cave to den up in, sometimes she
would let Bearcat in their with her. Normally if any of the other cats were in there then she came and got
on the couch with me. Meowmy
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:29 pm

My dog and cat got along very well, and they didn't meet until they were both 5-6 years old. Best friends too. They ate together, slept together, played together, snuggled with me together, you name it. When Miss Kitty passed Nicki moped and grieved for months. So you see, not all dogs are bad.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:55 pm

I know. Shop is not a bad dog. I actually kinda like tormenting her, gives me something to do. And half the time I almost think she's trying to play with me. Well, forget that, I do NOT play with dogs! But, in a funny way, our war IS sort of like a game. More like chess, though. We both respect the rules and stay in our own spots during the day. We only engage when Mom's home to referee. Lots of brilliant strategy on my part, and Shop's smart enough to see my moves and occasionally even counter-move in rather surprising ways. Could that mean.... No! Not possible!

Ha! Ma sometimes clutches her head and declares she wishes she'd ever had dogs and cats that got along! I've certainly never heard of such a thing. But I must admit I've read a lot about it here. Unless everybody's lying (which I don't believe, not from me and Ma's family), I have to accept it can happen. Shop and I are the same age, 15, and we may be too old to change. We're certainly never going to cuddle! *shudder* But it's possible we may have come to an understanding.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:34 pm

You know Weezer you and Shop Dog sound like Chancey and Bobcat. Bobcat was my first cat as an
adult. They had come to an understanding and it was wonderful to watch. When Bobcat crossed the
Bridge, it was heartbreaking to watch Chancey grieve. I still well, I still feel the sadness of her passing when
I think about her and Chancey. Meowmy
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:46 pm

I'm very sorry, my Tia. I do know what that's like; my Ma has grieved, and still does sometimes, even for cats and dogs she had before me. I can't promise to be nicer to ShopDog, but I do promise to respect her moves. I don't exactly like her being here, but truth is I don't exactly wish she were gone either.

Tonio! Wake up! I think your Ma needs a face lick. Sorry, I think I upset her. Sorry, bro. cat
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:52 pm

Hi, Cuz, all is good. I reached out and gave her my paw. She rubbed my ear and told
me I was her Precious Sweet Boy. She's not upset, sometimes she will think about The Ones
Who Have Gone Before and become thoughtful. Tonio cat
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:56 pm

My Meowmy does that when she talks about Archimedes and Shadow and Chirp. There was a visitor here called Tippy. She gets a funny look when she thinks about him. She says he was an angel kitty. What is an angel?

-Gateway
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:14 pm

Ma gets that look when she talks about a cat called December. All gray & white like a winter sky, she says. Not among us long, she says, but so sweet and loving when Ma was having a bad time. Stuck close no matter what. Maybe that's what an angel is.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:18 pm

It's hard to explain Gateway. You can see them, talk to them but when you look
for them they aren't there. You know they were there because they've touched your
life. You see Gateway, when i was at THAT PLACE, I meet a very elegant tuxedo like myself. This
happened when I first arrived. I was praying to Bast and this elegant cat told me all would be well.
The next thing I knew I was in a space all by myself for many naps, then Meowmy came for me. I heard her tell
the bean that took me to her that she loved her elegant men in tuxedo's. I never knew what happened to that cat,
I did find out later that Meowmy had an elegant tuxedo names Ascot, the cat who spoke to me at THAT PLACE looked like
Ascot. Tonio

Weezer & Gateway, that's an angel. Meowmy

Last edited by Sue Short on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:20 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammer, I can neither write nor speak the King's English)
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:16 pm

Hi, did you all have a great weekend. Meowmy didn't have to go chase green papers today. So
it was Sunnyday all over again. This time though I got even more outside time. The weather was so
much nicer that Meowmy took her stinky water outside and read. I got to go out and put the feat of Bast
in the squirrels and pigeons. It was FUN!!! I hope it stays like this FUREVER!!!! Then we napped and Meowmy
read. The next thing I knew there was fresh laundry to burrow in. Tonio
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:29 pm

Glad you had a good weekend, Tonio! Ma stayed home for 3 whole days and we all had a nice time, including warm laundry, plus lap time playing with her pen when she "paid bills." I don't know what that is, but I love it when she sits at the big table with lots of papers. It makes her crazy when I sit on them, especially when I'm wet from being in the bathtub. Makes her drag me into her lap. She doesn't even seem to realize that was my plan all along! cat

One bad news, Ma says no more bathtub drips. Seems the drips suddenly started a leak from under the floorboards around the tub. Doesn't happen when she takes a shower, just when she turns on the water a tiny bit to make drips. Now I have to get all my water from the splashy bowl that lives in the bathtub. NOT happy about this!! Ma says she can't afford a plummer. I don't know what a plummer is, but I don't like this one bit!
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:54 pm

Neither due I. Meowmy pays something called Lair dues. I guess that's like a bill.
We had that problem too, now Meowmy has the water running a little faster so it won't do that.
I don't understand it but it works. Have your Meowmy try that. I found a neat way to get
Meowmy to stretch out on the couch so we can snuggle. I get behind her and grab her hair
after a few minutes of that she will stop what she is doing and stretch out so I can lay on her.
Tonio
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: