Back to say Hi!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Back to say Hi!

Post by Dillon on Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:54 pm

Hey guys! I had to ask Jeane what the URL for the forum was, because I forgot it! I'm glad I found it again, and I want to let everyone know that I'm doing very well!

I saw there was a thread wishing me a happy birthday, and I'm sorry I couldn't say thank you sooner! It's been some time since then, so I hope you can all accept my apology for not getting here sooner. But boy, a lot has happened in the past year. Some of you may or may not know, but I start classes next month at the University of Massachusetts Boston, for Criminal Justice. I'm still holding strong (and disliking) my current job, but it pays the bills. There isn't much more to say, really. Life has been pretty monotonous, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I'm going to be an uncle in the coming months, my brother and his wife are expecting at the end of October, so that adds something to anticipate. I graduated a few months ago, as well, so that's another thing to check off my to do list. Wink

I'm not sure what else to say. I hope everyone here is doing well! Moe is still being a pain in the butt kitty, but he's doing well too!

Glad to be back,
Dillon

Dillon
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Re: Back to say Hi!

Post by WarriorNY on Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:51 pm

Hi, Dillon! Smile

I am going to have a new family member soon too. My cousin and her husband are expecting their first child--a girl-- in November.
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat on Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:40 pm

Welcome back, Dillon! And congrats on being an uncle soon!
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:42 pm

SO good to hear from you, Dillon!! UMB in the fall, eh? Very nice. And the criminal justice program sounds like something not only interesting to explore, but a springboard to a wide variety of paths. That's the great thing about school; it gives you the op to find out what interests you. You know we'll want to hear about it once you find your feet, so don't be a stranger! Love and best wishes, our Dil. I love you
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:41 pm

Wonderful to hear from you Dillon! My, but you've been busy! Congrats on graduating and on becoming an uncle soon! Very Happy How's the furkids?

I know another young man who's also starting college for the same degree: his goal is to be on the swat team someday.

fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:02 pm

welcome back, Dillon
It's wonderful to hear from you.

I'm thinking back to all the things you said you wanted to be, way back when, and then thinking about you entering school for a Criminal Justice degree. LOL
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dillon on Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:04 pm

I know, it seems extreme from what I was interested before. When you break it down, it brings together most of the things that I enjoy so much.

I get my technology aspect satisfied, considering most things done in the CJ field requires technology nowadays. Secondly, I really enjoy the social aspect of things. Helping people and understanding behavior, and ultimately making a difference will be a good feeling. I, hopefully, will be able to avoid a desk, day to day job. The scope of things seems to point to a diverse, atypical career opportunity.

And thanks for the welcome back, guys!

Dillon
New User
New User

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:30 pm

Promise me, Dillon, that when you're done with your CJ degree, you'll make it priority one to rid the world of ice cream trucks that play Turkey in the Straw ENDLESSLY!!! Wink
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob on Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:35 pm

You know, I'm going to have to start looking at all the sections of this forum. I feel as though I'm missing out on a lot. There aren't enough hours in the day to get through all the posts I've missed out on (this being one of them)
Welcome Dillon. I was only looking at the cartoon I did of Rosie and Georgie running together recently.
Hope you get to visit here more often as and when your studies allow and congrats on your future unclehood.
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum