what are YOU thankful for?

Page 5 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: what are YOU thankful for?

Post by fiffur on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:18 pm

That litter is called Yesterday's News, Jeane. We had a bag of that once, when Bij was first neutered, and he refused to use the box with that in it.

I'm thankful the wave after wave of punishing rain has ended, at least for now. On a happier note: all the cars in the parking lot were scoured clean by those rainstorms we had.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:20 pm

I've seen it but have never used it. A friend of mine turned me on to World's Best on I haven't
used anything else since.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:40 pm

there are also occasionally times when you can get a free bag of the World's Best..i think its a buy it and then send in the refund but its still free in the end.

I'm thankful FoodNetwork Gave Duff another show...though i'm missing the bakery gang.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:26 pm

I'm thankful for the current break we're getting from the summer heat. Temps will only go to around 80 all week long for highs, with lower humidity.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:07 pm

sue i just realized that earlier when you said about having fun you meant my trip into the city! (I was thinking about spensors!)
And yep it was fun....i went into stores i never knew what they sold! (i found a place that sold grape jello in union square...i didn't get any cuz i didn't have much money left but i really want to go back and get some cuz the family who sort of adopted me in TX used to make something every holiday that was supposed to have grape jello and they coudln't get it after a year or so and have had to use the blue raspberry stuff instead).
and of course i got some Who things to tide me over for a bit (maybe til Oct?) and my 'date' for NYCC this year;) In case i haven't mentioned it its the little 11th Doctor 'action figure' wearing the 10th Doctor's suit. (also known as the Raggedy Doctor;) ). i don't think they are making his Doctor in the larger version i have 10 in...in fact,i don't think i ever saw the larger ones here in the states and am STILL very thankful for Bob and another friend who getting those for me. (which reminds me..i need to find 10 in his suit....i know he's around here someplace..i tends to hide behind the big desk i don't use right now).
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:08 pm

Jeane, I happened to glance back through this thread. I know someone who could
use any coupons that happen in to. There is a group called Walnut Iowa Feral Friends
they are just newly orginized and could use all the help they can get. People around here
are good about giving me cat food coupons. So if you could send the to coupons to them that
would be great. I'll get the address for you.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:12 pm

send it through fb and it will be easier for me to find when i need it i think. but i'll still send ya anything i think you might be able to use (I have a little card to send you and can fill the envelope;) ) i wish it didn't cost so much to ship things cuz otherwise i'd be sending boxes of stuff to these groups. (makes me sick..i have flat rate shipping boxes all set up to ship up...did a lot of them last year around this time....but 1) i got where i can't ask the folks upstairs to send them for me (I give them the money for the postage but i don't want to bother them having to carry them to the post office when they go) 2) they are too big or too heavy for me to carry from work to the po and 3) i'd need about $100 to ship 'em all. i need to make smaller boxes and get them out one a week til christmas i guess.
but i still could be making toys and blankets etc for groups. its just sad (and makes me want to kick myself!)

i know there was group in FB that had someone donate a bunch of stuff to them and they asked people if they had stuff like those soup labels (don't know what they're called labels for education or something) and i've been saving those. i just need to get the address again and address an envelope and send when i have it full.
IF anyone in here knows of a school who is saving those little squares that come on general mills cereals etc let me know...i don't even cut those off and could easily do it and send an envelope of those as well! if nothing else i can afford one single stamp here and there.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:28 pm

I thought the postman would pick those boxes up, then again what do I know. I think I might know
a group on FB that could use those labels, let me check. I go into my page and try to share the site.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:19 pm

i don't know...they used to have it where the mailman would pick up stuff here but not anymore. i don't know how you pay for it ahead of time either.

today i'm just thankful for making it through the day without having a heartattack or stroke or something. it was a hard day at work and of course i got ripped into for three or four things right before i had to leave for the day. i sweat to God i want to go two days where i work and walk out the door feeling like a human being instead of like a steaming pile of dog poop that's been stomped on and shreemed all over the carpet.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:06 pm

I think you can arrange for payment with the PO on line, and print out labels, then have them pick up. You might want to go to the PO website to check that out.

I'm thankful the weather has gotten a little ncer, not as hot and humid today
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:01 pm

thankful for the internet that kept me entertained this afternoon and evening....looking for pictures to use in a crazy email. (a friend spent most of her day at various doctors and her poor main coon kitty had to be shaved (ya know that picture of the fuzzy cat with the poodlish hair do? he must look like that now...so i sent her pics of two different Matt Smiths (one is Doctor Who and one draws Doctor Who Comics) and two Shedds (one is another Doctor WHo artist and the other is a brand of peanut butter;) )
it also saved me about $30 because i was able to cancel this auto renewal of the only magazine i have a sub to (a couple years ago i got it for $10 for the year and i swear it said NOTHING in the paperwork about auto renewal and didn't know about it til i found the (what i consider) massive charge on my card. i took it on the chin that year but this year i cancelled it and am going to get my next year free with Coke points;) Lets face it..i'm NEVER going to save enough to get something fancy and this is something i want anyway!)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:15 am

just noticed this topic is listed twice???????

TGIF
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:58 pm

i didn't see that...unless there was a glitch when you got in here. there's another one i think right below this one that is something like being thankful for the summer (which i'm NOT!).

i'm thankful i drank a strong cuppa coffee yesterday afternoon cuz i started looking for something last night and spent nearly 6 hrs moving stuff around and throwing htings away trying to find it. i didn't go to bed til around 5:30am and i STILL wasn't sleepy. but i didn't find what i was looking for though (two stories on cds....my 'Scottish Fan Club" (well, hell, they gave themselves that name;) ) sent them to me over the years. They came in the newspaper so they're only in these little light cardboard holders so they can slip behind or under or into ANYTHING! one is the first part of a story David Tennant reads (he's crazy good at books/stories on cd cuz he does all these crazy voices and accents) and the other is one that Matt Smith reads that i only listened to once and wanted to hear again.
esh!

i won't telly the freaky icky thing i found...but lets say that 1) it was well gone by the time i found it and 2)explained why the kitties kept going into this one spot.(no...it wasn't POOP! they're not bad kitties..they just didn't know how to tell me what it was!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:03 pm

Thankful the weather is still fairly decent here considering the time of year.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:30 pm

thankful a made it through another day with a job and that i didn't float away on the walk home! (I'm SO sick of wet shoes.....if these don't dry by Weds i'm going to have to dig in the closet to try to find a pair of dry shoes to wear to work!)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:03 pm

Stuff them with newspaper. I hate hearing that Jeane. Thankful the catnip plant is
alive and looks like it's thriving.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:46 pm

the nip here looks like its going okay too...if its not raining tomorrow i'll go out and check on it.
i'd try the newspapers...but there's no newspapers here! i don't think old LLBean Catalogs will do the same. the pair i wore today have two sets of insoles in them and could get those dried out if i took them and threw themin the dryer (they won't make as much noise as a pair of sneakers). i'm just hoping the sun comes out tomorrow and i cxan sit them out on the deck.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:01 pm

thankful the temp is finally cooled down so I don't have to use the fan all night. save a little on electricity.

It seems that the topic somehow got split in two. ones ends in July and then it starts up here again
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:26 pm

thankful i found one of the missing audio stories cds (Though NOT thankful that i haven't found any of the four afghan hooks i need to make the backpack i need to be doing a mock up for right now! ...also not thankful that every box i open that is marked "dvds" STILL doesn't have the first series box set of David's Doctor Who i KNOW i have!) gawd its drivingme crazy! (but its so dark down here that its hard to find anything anymore! one small light at each end of the room just doesn't make searching for even bright pink needle storage boxes easy!)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:09 pm

Where did all the lights go Jeane?

Thankful it's still nice out here. I'm getting a lot done without sweltering to do it. Hope it lasts.........
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:37 pm

they didn't go anywhere....the lights in the ceiling never worked right and now they flicker and give me a headache when they're on so i don't turn them on. its ALWAYS been dark down here. there are two little pools of light but if i'm not sitting here at the table (and its not that bright here...sort of half light)or at the head of the bed its like walking and searching in the twilight. i have a little pocket flashlight that i try to shine places that i can't reach thinking/hoping that one might have fallen someplace. still haven't found any of the hooks or the boxes they should be stored in and its a major huge HUGE hassle trying to get to the store that might (MIGHT) have the hook i need.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:22 pm

I'm thankful it isn't raining yet................
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:58 pm

TGIF
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:10 pm

thankful i found my glasses that i thought i'd lost. BUT i still can't find one of the story on cd cds nor any of those stupid afghan hooks! I pray...i clean...i move...i crawl under things and i've scraped half my right from the elbow up trying to reach (and then pull out...why is you can get your arm INTO cracks but then not OUT OF cracks???)things between the wall and the bed or the bed and the bookcase etc.
esh....i swear if i knew somebody who was going to a craft store this weekend i'm paypal them the money for the hook and have them send me one in a padded envelope..it would be cheaper and faster than ordering it on a website cuz it doesn't look like i'm ever getting a ride to the craft store!
Tell ya what..i'd be thankful if they'd put a craft shop on THIS side of town!at least i'd be able to get a bus part way there!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:14 pm

I wish we had a craft store near us as well. The one we did have which was not too far from me (Rag Shop) closed a couple of years ago. None of the Michaels in NY are easily accessible to me, either 2 hour train or bus and train rides. There is Pearl paint on canal street, but they don't really have the kind of stuff I;m crafting.

At least there are several beading stores I can get to easily .

There is a wool place on Bway, pretty near where I work. I called them to ask if they had roving so I can work on those little felted animals.
Let me know exactly what kind of hook you are looking for Jeane, I can check with them to see if they have it. Won't be able to get in to the site here until Monday though
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum