New Food / Drink Discoveries

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Food / Drink Discoveries

Post by BobCat on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:58 am

I thought I'd make a new topic here, because this isn't a food or drink from my own childhood, although I'm going to guess it's something our southern folks all know. I recently discovered making iced tea with Luzianne Tea. It's just delightful! Such a clean, fresh, summery taste, and no bitterness. Being a northerner, I drink my tea unsweetened, but Wesley has been making Arnold Palmers with his (half tea, half lemonade), which kind of mimics a sweet tea experience. He is from the south, so I guess that's where he gets his taste for sweet tea. Anyway, only one store I know of has Luzianne, so I ordered a bunch of it from Amazon yesterday.
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New Food / Drink Discoveries

Post by lovekitties on Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:52 am

I've never heard of Luziane tea.
I'vre been drinking iced mint tea lately.
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:22 pm

I've heard of it but it's hard to find in the few stores we have here. I like my tea sweet, yet I'm not from the South.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:08 pm

its funny. I like tea sweet and coffee with no sugar, except ice coffee which I like sweetened.
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:58 pm

i remember luziane from when i lived in the south. they actually blend it to use for iced tea! i like tea any old way plain,sweet, with lemon or with milk....but you're right,its hard to find a tea that makes a really good iced tea!
Hot tea i liked Liptons and Red Rose best unless i can get my hands on certain British teas;)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:45 pm

LOL!!! The tea is especially blend for ice tea. I always buy the decaf version. That's all we serve in the
Lair. It's really funny when I lived in Chicago it was always Lipton's but no Luzianne. Down here it's the other
way around you can find Lipton's but it's not a popular tea down here. I like my coffee heavy duty cream and sugar.
My tea I like unsweetened with maybe a slice of orange or a sprig of mint.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jimkr2t on Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:36 am

I have strange tastes in tea/coffee - coffee, strictly black, no sugar, nuttin', blacker the better - guess that's from all those black coffee's I swigged back in my Air Force days (in the late '60's) - tea, hot - sugar, no milk; iced - sugar, lemon, no milk - I use the "decaf" tea, but ain't no way would I take "decaf" coffee!

Jim
jimkr2t
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:22 pm

I love iced tea in summer and hot tea in winter, with sugar of course. Much as I like the smell of coffee, I can't stand the taste of it.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:56 pm

i looked for luzianne today and nope none here. salada,liptons,red rose,tetleys and a few british teasb though.
i like red rose cuz it reminds me of home (always got the canadian red rose which somehow tastes different from what i get here),liptons reminds me of one of my fave aunts. she never had much but we always had cups of lipton tea.

jim you reminded me of what i heard the British forces drank whenever there was any sort of injury in WWII...hot tea with lots of sugar. i call it British Army tea and whenever i feel ick for no reason...or droopy or whatever...i drink a big cup and about 80% of the time i do feel better;)

hmm...all this talk about tea reminds me of shleldon and how anyone who comes into their apt in distress HAS to have a cup of tea!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat on Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:14 pm

I've been making the Luzianne tea half caf / half decaf, and that seems like a good combo for drinking even in the evening. I have some lemons, and I may squeeze a bit into my tea tonight for a change of taste, but other than that, no additives are necessary. I was always a hot tea drinker; I never even tasted coffee until I was over 30 years old, and now I'll have a cup of coffee in the morning, with a bit of sugar, but I can't drink it black. The idea of putting milk or cream in coffee or tea is ucky to me - moreso in tea. Wesley loves coffee, and if the caffeine didn't bug him, he'd drink it in the evening as well. It's OK, but I'm not as smitten with it as he is.

Yes, it's proper protocol in Sheldon's world to offer a hot beverage to someone in distress - and if I'm not mistaken, they HAVE to accept it!
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:51 pm

LOL!!! Bobcat, the Brits swear by a "cuppa" tea in times of crisis. Yes, you do have to accept.
You usually you need it desperately.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:42 pm

well with sheldon is southern hospitality:) I can't remember...i think sheldon is supposed to be from Sugarland TX....a place i could have walked to if i wanted to about a decade ago;)

hell...if you go to Doc Martin you get a cuppa tea while you wait for your appointment! though sometimes the cups have been washed in poo water!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:26 pm

No Luzianne Tea at Woodmans, only have one other place here to check for it..........
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:54 pm

here's something new that i swear i want to try as soon as 1) its on sale and 2) its a little cooler outside....Ben and Jerry Red Velvet Cake ice cream. I"d REALLY rather try Duff's Blue Bunny version but they only have Blue Bunny brand 'treats' here not ice cream tubs. But i saw the B&Js a week or so ago and keep walking past it thinking "I NEED to get that!".
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat on Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:04 pm

Do you have a Meijer, Fif? I just found the big quart sized bags at Meijer the other day. Inexpensive too.
BobCat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:17 pm

ooo meijers....they always have the best stuff! (I miss them...none in the tri state at all). IF you have a Meijers and it has a little ice cream place in it you can probably get blue moon ice cream all year round! (hmm....haven't thought about that in a while...think i'm going to have to put that in the story i'm writing;) )
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:35 am

Nope, no Meijers within 100 miles of here. We only have Walmart, Hilander aka Kroger, Aldi's, and Woodmans. I almost bought some blue moon icecream at Woodmans but don't have any freezer space to put it. Maybe next week..........I haven't had any since last summer.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:51 pm

ooo i think its time to clean out the freezer if there's a possibility of having blue moon to put in there! (I"d even defrost mine if it meant i could have blue moon!)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:58 pm

Not a new discovery, but a confession of sinful delights... Hot boiled peanuts. They're very southern, very salty, and very good. I bought a cup and sat on the porch with my legs over the side eating like I was 10 years old. Very Happy
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum