Cat On a Hot Tin Roof

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cat On a Hot Tin Roof

Post by bpaquet on Mon May 30, 2011 7:02 pm

Petie the adventure kitty! We decided that we couldn't take the heat any more. Today was AC day. (Sigh...) So, I went to the bathroom to close all 4 windows. (Our old house has a big room that was converted to a bathroom in the '40s.) So, as I was closing the last window, a stripy tail caught my eye. Who was outside on the tin porch roof but Petie? He was just lounging on the roof. When he saw me, he stepped through the open screen. We were wondering about the thumping we heard for the last couple of nights. I think Petie and Gateway have been jumping in and out of the window.

I will have to have a word with the guy who is painting our porch. Apparently, he opened the screen for some reason. Who knows... He can get into the house through the door, so there was no reason to open the screen. But, I'm absolutely sure the screen was closed when I opened the windows. I am generally unhappy with this work guy, but when my kitties can get themselves into trouble, things have gone too far. (More sighing...)
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Re: Cat On a Hot Tin Roof

Post by Sue Short on Mon May 30, 2011 7:47 pm

Now that I've unclenched my teeth about this guys' carelessness I'm laughing. It reminded me of
when I lived not to far from living now. Anyway the place had a rat problem. I didn't know this at the
time. Anyway there were several times that I woke up to scurrying sounds and thundering kitty paws. First
couple of times, I ignored, figuring Rachel was after a waterbug and the rest were trying to help. Finally after several
nights of this I got up to see what was going on. They were after a RAT, and I do mean a RAT.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Mon May 30, 2011 8:39 pm

Loved the title of this thread! Naughty kits! But even naughtier painter. Seriously, Becky, if the guy was sneaking into your house through the bathroom window, I'd be more than unhappy. I'd be freaked. That does NOT sound good at all.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon May 30, 2011 8:45 pm

ooo suzzz....you make that sound even creepier than i had in my head! sounds very movie of the week or James Paterson novel. maybe you'd better call that dude's house and make sure he's really there and not hiding in our attic or something!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon May 30, 2011 9:45 pm

You know Becky, that is creepy beyond words. I think it's time to find a new
painter. And change the locks.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Mon May 30, 2011 10:28 pm

Sue Short wrote:

Now that I've unclenched my teeth about this guys' carelessness I'm laughing. It reminded me of
when I lived not to far from living now. Anyway the place had a rat problem. I didn't know this at the
time. Anyway there were several times that I woke up to scurrying sounds and thundering kitty paws. First
couple of times, I ignored, figuring Rachel was after a waterbug and the rest were trying to help. Finally after several
nights of this I got up to see what was going on. They were after a RAT, and I do mean a RAT.

Was the said RAT on the big side?
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon May 30, 2011 10:42 pm

Well... I don't think it's so creepy. It's weird, but we are having the tin roof re-sealed at the same time, so he might have done some work up there and had to come in the window to avoid stepping in his work. I don't really mind that. I just mind him leaving the screen open.

But, for other reasons that aren't at all creepy, but ARE annoying, we will not be using this painter again. So, I'm preparing my speech and plan to give him his check for work done so far. I don't know if I can find another (good) painter on short notice, but I'm willing to look to get the work finished in a reasonable time.

At least all kitties are safe and nobody had a bad fall or got into any chemicals. AARGH. Phew!
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal on Tue May 31, 2011 3:00 pm

Kitty mischief stories are so much fun Like a Star @ heaven Laughing Not fun however is they painter guy possibly sneaking into your house! affraid To ease your suspicions, you might want to ask him too if he noticed that your screen was missing...see how he answers...!
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Tue May 31, 2011 5:19 pm

was the screen missing or just down? I have problems with my screens , they just slip off the tracks.. I notice when the flies start congregating. LOL

Please make a check in your house. One of my co workers recently had work done and ended up losing some jewelry when one of the workers stole them out of her jewelry box.
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue May 31, 2011 8:30 pm

We put new windows in the house a couple years ago, and the screens are good. They rise and lower easily, so the screen on this window was just pushed up. No big deal to slide it back down.

I did check the house and all is fine. I do trust the guy to be honest, he's just SLOW and careless. His mama lives next door, so if anything else goes wrong, I'll have her over for coffee and I'm sure she'll straighten him out in no time. She's a good ol' Jersey girl, and I know she won't let her son get away with too much.

I did see him today, and he apologized for leaving the screen open. I haven't talked to him yet, so I guess he remembered too late. I'm still upset, but not as much as I was. At least he realized even if it was too late. Now, the windows are shut and locked because we turned on the AC. It's HOT!
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Tue May 31, 2011 8:52 pm

It's probably all fine and innocent. It's just that we live in uncertain times and stories like this arouse our worst suspicions. The sad thing is, they are too often justified, and mama's aren't always as objective about their babes as they might be. In any case, I'm glad the windows are closed and locked now. One point in Ma Nature's favor for inflicting this coming summer on us. tongue
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:31 pm

I'm glad the kitties didn't get hurt or in trouble being out on the roof like that.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:53 pm

Everyone is fine. Petie might have a little cold. He's been sneezing a lot, but seems fine otherwise. He isn't running a temperature, so I'm just going to keep an eye on him. If he gets warm, we'll go to the doctor, but I think he just might have gotten a little bug of some sort.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:37 pm

I hope Petie is feeling much better very soon! Colds are no fun..........
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:51 am

He is definitely improving. He had a sneeze attack this morning, but he is perkier and not sneezing AS much. Whatever it was seems to be going away, so we're happy. Right now, he's snoozing on the arm of the chair next to me. He is telling me that he wants computer time to check up with his other senior kitty friends.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:17 pm

Hmmmm, could it be he's getting allergies? Bij has been sneezing a bit lately too, but he hasn't been near anyone to acquire a cold.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:27 pm

this time of year its probably allergies....Salem's one eye has been watering for a few days and he's been sneezing. i'm watching him though...if he stops eating or the stuff isn't watery i've got to get them to take him to the vet.

and don't worry about kitties getting colds from people and vice versa...the vet at the Pet Stop says they don't get them from us or we from them!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:08 am

Something is definitely pollinating. I am a little sniffy and I don't even have recognizable allergies. My husband is sneezing like crazy. So, whatever is going on is affecting everybody. Gateway and Gray seem ok, but they might just be hiding their sneezes. I think I heard Gateway coughing, but it could have been a hairball. I didn't see any gak, so I don't really know.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:08 pm

salem's eye is better but he's still sneezing three or four times in a row. franny's nose is dripping now but its clear stuff so i'm not too worried. the weirdest thing right now is Toothpick who has the little red pin prick type bumps on his belly again. i'm watching them...if they keep up by tomorrow nigh tor tues i'm going to try putting a little vaseline on it....i know that helps when i'm itchy sometimes and if nothing else if he licks if off it will hair ball control:)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:55 pm

I think it's definitely allergies, Bij is still sneezing off/on, especially when I just came in from outside.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:49 pm

Yup. It's everywhere. We'll be closing the windows again tomorrow night since Wednesday is supposed to be hot. We've had a nice break for about 5 days, but summer is on its way again. I'd rather have the heat/humidity than the freezing cold and snow though!
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:19 pm

I think I might prefer the cold to this miserable humid heat. You can always put on another layer to stay warm, but you can only take off so much and even naked you are still too hot in the heat. Then what can you do?

I'm even sneezing more than usual, my eyes are reacting bigtime to the pollen and mold counts, and I wake up congested every night.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:58 pm

I'll take the heat. I just have a really hard time recovering from being cold. A nice cool shower and some AC makes me MUCH better from being hot. I can even get over having no AC as long as I can get a shower.

Petie definitely has allergies. He sat at the water bowl and sneezed about 10 times in a row. He sounds just like my husband when he has an attack. Poor kitty. (Poor hubby too.) I really need to de-dust and dry out the house. We need to somehow get the moisture out from the crawlspace. I'm afraid it might be making some mold down there. Yuck!
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:01 pm

oh petie you and salem could have sneezing contests....though he's down to only two or three sneezes at a time the last couple days. (think the big pollen is over right now here). nobody deserves to have to sneeze more than twice in a row!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:09 pm

I think Bijoux could enter in that contest Jeane. He's been sneezing nearly as much as I do, but he has no drippy nose, goopy eyes, or anything. Just sneezes a few times, then he's fine for a while.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum