Movie Reviews

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Movie Reviews

Post by Sue Short on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:39 pm



I'll put it on my to watch list. I enjoyed the first two.
avatar
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Posts : 12661
Join date : 2010-06-20
Age : 66
Location : Dallas, Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Reviews

Post by Suzzzz on Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:07 pm

Watched Checking Out tonight, one of Peter Falk's last movies (2005). Funny thing is, I had it in my Netflix queue way before I ever heard of his death, and it turned up now. Even odder, it was all about a dynamic old man who'd lived a rich, wonderful life as an actor. He decided to gather his beloved family and friends around him for one last blow-out party, then take his own life to avoid the horrors of age and illness he saw on the inevitable horizon. I know that sounds grim, but it truly wasn't. It was a funny, whimsical play about life, family and love. Peter was magnificent as the patriarch.

I have to wonder what personal thoughts Peter may have had while playing that role. But perhaps I'm reading more irony into seeing it now than he felt back them. In any case, I loved it.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
avatar
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Posts : 2903
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 62
Location : North Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Reviews

Post by Sue Short on Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:32 pm



Could be Suzzz, you see every generation sees different things in the other
generations movies.
avatar
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Posts : 12661
Join date : 2010-06-20
Age : 66
Location : Dallas, Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Reviews

Post by Suzzzz on Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:44 pm

Enough sweetness and light. Tonight I watched Total Recall! Twisted Evil Ooo, the Arnold was intrepid! Confused and betrayed at every turn, he won the day with determination, good heart and faith in himself, whoever he was. And lots of blood. And tons of collateral damage. And a Chuckie lookalike Yoda-Alien mentor dude. And oxygen, can't forget that. Enough to instantly cover an entire planet in time to save everyone except the bad guys. Hoo!

Is it wrong that I find these movies hilarious?

Eating Eating

avatar
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Posts : 2903
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 62
Location : North Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Reviews

Post by Sue Short on Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:50 pm



No, but then again I laughed my way through the Dirty Harry series.

Watched John Ford's Ft. Apache. John Wayne, Shirley Temple, Henry Fonda.
Ward Bond. With a stellar supporting cast. Eating Eating Eating Eating
avatar
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Posts : 12661
Join date : 2010-06-20
Age : 66
Location : Dallas, Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Reviews

Post by Suzzzz on Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:52 pm

Ah, those oldies, they were the real thing.

Gotta return my movies to the library tomorrow so I watched the last one tonight. Beverly Hills Cop with Eddie Murphy. I honestly thought I'd seen it a million times and only picked it up as a backup, but soon realized I'd never seen it before. It was fun! Just the sort of thing I wanted for tonight. Simple, breezy and cool. I love Eddie Murphy from those days.

Eating Eating Eating
avatar
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Posts : 2903
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 62
Location : North Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Reviews

Post by Sue Short on Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:33 pm



He was great in the whole series but I really loved him in
Trading Places. Since I worked in finicial services for over 20
years I understood exactly what he was talking about when he said
"Y'all be bookies"
avatar
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Posts : 12661
Join date : 2010-06-20
Age : 66
Location : Dallas, Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Reviews

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:18 pm

ah Beverly Hills Cop was the break out of one of my favorite actors Bronson Pinchot;)
avatar
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Posts : 6236
Join date : 2010-06-20
Location : Rescue Kitty Central

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Reviews

Post by Suzzzz on Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:07 pm

Who was Bronson Pinchot in the movie, Jeane? Too lazy to look it up. tongue

Have to agree about Trading Places, Sue. That was the best!
avatar
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Posts : 2903
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 62
Location : North Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Reviews

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:06 pm

he was the weird foreign guy in i believe it was an art place. he's the guy who asks if they want an espresso with a twist (of lemon). i think it was from that role he got the part of Balki in Perfect Strangers.
avatar
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Posts : 6236
Join date : 2010-06-20
Location : Rescue Kitty Central

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Reviews

Post by Suzzzz on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:09 pm

Oh, yeah! That guy is hilarious!
avatar
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Posts : 2903
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 62
Location : North Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Reviews

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:16 pm

i knew you would know who he was if i told ya about the tweest of lemon:)
avatar
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Posts : 6236
Join date : 2010-06-20
Location : Rescue Kitty Central

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Reviews

Post by Sue Short on Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:50 pm



Just finished watching Red. I don't who recommend the movie but
thanks. I don't know how well it did in the theaters but it was a nice fun
movie. A great cast that while they did not have great material had fun with it.
I'm not joking, it was a "Name" cast and they where having so much fun. I'll have to look it
up but I think Ernest Borgine had a small but good part in it. I rate Red Eating Eating Eating Eating
avatar
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Posts : 12661
Join date : 2010-06-20
Age : 66
Location : Dallas, Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Reviews

Post by Bob on Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:10 pm

Okay, it got a few terrible reviews but I really enjoyed the Green Lantern film (admittedly I'm biased by the fact that GL is one of my favourite DC characters). I thought the movie moved along at a cracking pace. It didn't dwell overly on the origin side of things and all in all a good film. Fingers crossed for a sequel. Now where's that popcorn smilie?
Eating Eating Eating Eating

Transformers 3 however is a totally different kettle of fish. Maybe it's just me, but half the time I don't know which transformer is which. I saw the first two films and can't remember what happened in them because of this. Sorry, I know they have a lot of fans out there but for me Transformers 3 gets a lowly Eating
avatar
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Posts : 556
Join date : 2010-07-13
Age : 66
Location : Gallifrey

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Reviews

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:32 pm

i heard green lantern was good if you didn't get snippy about the origins and just watched it for what its worth. (I'll probably see it on tv when it comes around......i wonder if there's a novelization and if Peter David wrote it...he writes really good comic book movie novelizations!)
As for Transformers the only one i know is BumbleBee and that's cuz he's YELLOW!
avatar
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Posts : 6236
Join date : 2010-06-20
Location : Rescue Kitty Central

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Reviews

Post by Suzzzz on Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:31 pm

Sue Short wrote:

Just finished watching Red. I don't who recommend the movie but
thanks. I don't know how well it did in the theaters but it was a nice fun
movie. A great cast that while they did not have great material had fun with it.
I'm not joking, it was a "Name" cast and they where having so much fun. I'll have to look it
up but I think Ernest Borgine had a small but good part in it. I rate Red Eating Eating Eating Eating

I certainly recommended Red, but others may have, too. I almost never watch action/adventure/super hero CIA stuff, but the cast and hype pulled me in. It was SO much fun! The plot was pure fluff... heck, ALL of it was pure fluff! But it was exciting and hilarious and a great romp all us oldies could relate to! I was thrilled to see Ernie Borgnine as the grand old man of the secret files vault. Very Happy I didn't know he was still working (or, to be quite honest, even still alive). Great movie. I second the

Eating Eating Eating Eating
avatar
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Posts : 2903
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 62
Location : North Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Reviews

Post by Bob on Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:24 am

Suzzzz wrote:
Sue Short wrote:

Just finished watching Red. I don't who recommend the movie but
thanks. I don't know how well it did in the theaters but it was a nice fun
movie. A great cast that while they did not have great material had fun with it.
I'm not joking, it was a "Name" cast and they where having so much fun. I'll have to look it
up but I think Ernest Borgine had a small but good part in it. I rate Red Eating Eating Eating Eating

I certainly recommended Red, but others may have, too. I almost never watch action/adventure/super hero CIA stuff, but the cast and hype pulled me in. It was SO much fun! The plot was pure fluff... heck, ALL of it was pure fluff! But it was exciting and hilarious and a great romp all us oldies could relate to! I was thrilled to see Ernie Borgnine as the grand old man of the secret files vault. Very Happy I didn't know he was still working (or, to be quite honest, even still alive). Great movie. I second the

Eating Eating Eating Eating

Total agrrement from me too. Slightly biased but I thought Helen Mirren was really funny.
avatar
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Posts : 556
Join date : 2010-07-13
Age : 66
Location : Gallifrey

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Reviews

Post by Sue Short on Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:32 am



One of the networks over here have been running trailers for Prime
Suspect. An American version, doesn't look to promising.
avatar
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Posts : 12661
Join date : 2010-06-20
Age : 66
Location : Dallas, Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Reviews

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:53 pm

i don't know how they can improve on the original. some british shows just are better than the american versions. (i've been watching a british show called Hustle on pbs which i swear is the british version of Leverage though and both of those shows are good!).
avatar
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Posts : 6236
Join date : 2010-06-20
Location : Rescue Kitty Central

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Reviews

Post by Suzzzz on Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:12 pm

Bob wrote:
Suzzzz wrote:
Sue Short wrote:

Just finished watching Red. I don't who recommend the movie but
thanks. I don't know how well it did in the theaters but it was a nice fun
movie. A great cast that while they did not have great material had fun with it.
I'm not joking, it was a "Name" cast and they where having so much fun. I'll have to look it
up but I think Ernest Borgine had a small but good part in it. I rate Red Eating Eating Eating Eating

I certainly recommended Red, but others may have, too. I almost never watch action/adventure/super hero CIA stuff, but the cast and hype pulled me in. It was SO much fun! The plot was pure fluff... heck, ALL of it was pure fluff! But it was exciting and hilarious and a great romp all us oldies could relate to! I was thrilled to see Ernie Borgnine as the grand old man of the secret files vault. Very Happy I didn't know he was still working (or, to be quite honest, even still alive). Great movie. I second the

Eating Eating Eating Eating

Total agreement from me too. Slightly biased but I thought Helen Mirren was really funny.

Helen was extremely funny in her sharp, deceptive, utterly dry way! Her timing is impeccable. Are you biased because you're British or because you're in love with her? I think I'm one of the two. tongue
avatar
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Posts : 2903
Join date : 2010-06-19
Age : 62
Location : North Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Reviews

Post by WarriorNY on Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:00 pm

Cars 2 review:

Jeane asked me in the Watching thread if little kids would be able to understand it. Yes. I think they should be able to understand it.

The movie was long but it was way more action packed than the first one. It was cute but not as good as some of the other Pixar films. I give it: Eating Eating Eating
avatar
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Posts : 489
Join date : 2010-06-20
Age : 33
Location : NYC

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Reviews

Post by Bob on Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:20 pm

Suzzzz wrote:
Bob wrote:
Suzzzz wrote:
Sue Short wrote:

Just finished watching Red. I don't who recommend the movie but
thanks. I don't know how well it did in the theaters but it was a nice fun
movie. A great cast that while they did not have great material had fun with it.
I'm not joking, it was a "Name" cast and they where having so much fun. I'll have to look it
up but I think Ernest Borgine had a small but good part in it. I rate Red Eating Eating Eating Eating

I certainly recommended Red, but others may have, too. I almost never watch action/adventure/super hero CIA stuff, but the cast and hype pulled me in. It was SO much fun! The plot was pure fluff... heck, ALL of it was pure fluff! But it was exciting and hilarious and a great romp all us oldies could relate to! I was thrilled to see Ernie Borgnine as the grand old man of the secret files vault. Very Happy I didn't know he was still working (or, to be quite honest, even still alive). Great movie. I second the

Eating Eating Eating Eating

Total agreement from me too. Slightly biased but I thought Helen Mirren was really funny.

Helen was extremely funny in her sharp, deceptive, utterly dry way! Her timing is impeccable. Are you biased because you're British or because you're in love with her? I think I'm one of the two. tongue

A little of both. I loved her as Morgana in Excalibur. jocolor
avatar
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Posts : 556
Join date : 2010-07-13
Age : 66
Location : Gallifrey

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Reviews

Post by Sue Short on Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:23 pm



she was Morgana in Excalibur. I got to see that. Is that a movie or a BBC
series.
avatar
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Posts : 12661
Join date : 2010-06-20
Age : 66
Location : Dallas, Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Reviews

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:10 pm

maybe its the length of the movie that would turn the little kids off Cars2. i think they brought it out to make more bucks off the francise. the toys were starting to taper off in sales big time so they had to bring more stuff out for the kids who beg for;)

i haven't seen a movie in a while but i've been watching the first season of the newest Doctor Who and i give not only the stories (the Weeping Angels are back and some "vampires' in Venice)but the new Doctor and his companions both a big blue box full of stars:)
avatar
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Posts : 6236
Join date : 2010-06-20
Location : Rescue Kitty Central

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Reviews

Post by Bob on Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:36 am

Sue Short wrote:

she was Morgana in Excalibur. I got to see that. Is that a movie or a BBC
series.

The John Boorman movie. Excellent film, one of my all time favourites.
avatar
Bob
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Posts : 556
Join date : 2010-07-13
Age : 66
Location : Gallifrey

Back to top Go down

Re: Movie Reviews

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum