WHAT DO YOU REMEMBER FONDLY/MISS FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD?

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: WHAT DO YOU REMEMBER FONDLY/MISS FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD?

Post by fluffnstuff on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:46 pm

I never had either one. There are t.v. shows I remember watching as a kid, but I don't remember the names of them for the life of me. I may have to look it up on youtube someday.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:19 pm

That's the one: Suzie Steps. My sis and I had to share and I have no idea what happened to it. I still have my first doll though, looks like the Trudy doll but about half that size.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:52 pm

I just remembered that I had at least one, possibly two toy seahorses that I played with during bath time as a kid. I noticed that there was a small hole in the head and got the idea to submerged the seahorse and squeeze it to find out if I could fill it with water. I discovered quickly that I could fill the seahorse with water. When my dad came in the bathroom when bath time was over, I squeezed the seahorse and got my dad sort of wet. I wouldn't be surprised if the seahorse was thrown away or was given away. I don't recall getting my mom wet. She may have known better.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:08 pm

oh no! i can just imagine the look on your dad's face!
ya know...you can actually get toys like that that are MEANT to be squirters for kids now!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:41 pm

I think my dad fell for it every time. With toys these days, I wouldn't be surprised about what some may pass a squirter.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:33 pm

we had them for the summer for summer outside toys but they also sell them in a little more rubbery material for kids to play with in the tub:)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:54 pm

I still have my original plastic yellow duck. It's paint is pretty worn and there's a few spots where the plastic itself is worn thin, but I still have it.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:20 pm

probably the oddest things i have here from when i was a kid are a few little gumby type characters (i think some are disney)about the size of my thumb.they were in one of the lunch boxes i was lucky enough to keep with my stuff and bring home when i moved my stuff from the farm.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:38 pm

Did anyone besides me have a plastic blowup scubaman, for the tub? My grandma kept it all those decades and when she passed I got it back. I had no idea she still had that, and my sis didn't even remember having one when that box came here from my cousin in TX.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:34 pm

I didn't know there was such a thing as a inflatable scuba man for the tub. I have two of my brother's lunchboxes that he used when he was in grade school. One is has different Marvel comic book characters on it, but the thermos is gone. That lunchbox I found in my parents garage when I was going through things to see what could be thrown away. My dad was cleaning out one section of lower kitchen cabinet and handed over a Transformer thermos, wanting me to get rid of it. Did I do it? NOOOOOOO. I kept it and cleaned it. Some days later, I cleaned out the hallway closet since my parents had made no effort to clean it out. I found a Strawberry Shortcake hat that I don't remember wearing as a kid, which I still have. I also found the Transformer lunch box.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:58 pm

the only scuba man water toy i've ever seen were little hard plastic ones that you got from the back of comic books.
fluff those lunch boxes make great places to store stuff;) i have rubber stamps in one, make in another and on and on:)

jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:16 pm

I hadn't thought of storing anything in the lunch boxes. My original thought was donate them to some museum or give them to a collector. That never happened since I still have them.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:53 pm

fluff if you decide you don't want them PM me please;)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:47 pm

I've got the lunch boxes from the original star wars movies. i display them and also store some stuff in them. your LBs are probably collectibles, Fluf,
I once found a man from uncle thermos (not broken if a bit rusty) at a flea market and got it for a quarter. i kept it for a while and then sold it at a convention for $30
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:54 pm

I had thought about selling at least one of the lunchboxes on ebay, but never followed through with. Both lunchboxes are being kept in the closet and not out for display. Embarassed The one without a thermos can be used for storage if needed.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:23 pm

i've never sold any of the lunch boxes i've collected over the years....though i wish i could afford to get the ones my parents threw out when i was a kid. i refuse to pay big bucks for them though.
now, if i had Quentin Taratino's money (he also collects lunch boxes ...also tv and movie related board games AND he plays them!)i'd buy every one i wanted including the Beatles boxes i've drooled over ever since they were first out;) and i'd have shelves for them all.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:57 pm

My problem is lack of space for displaying. I have limited space for displaying for displaying anything.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:55 am

I've got a big apartmetn all to myself and still don't have enough display space for all the shtuff I've collected over the years
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:29 pm

I don't feel bad then. I have been making myself get rid more than what I acquire. I remember have a small Pound Puppy and it ended up lost. Who knows, I could have had it my backpack in middle school and somehow lost it on the bus or some other place between home and school.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:37 pm

fluff you're doing good....that's the way things should be....get something and get rid of something else. or buy something to replace something you have used up. i'm working on becoming more like that:)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:35 pm

My goal is not to be some 70 some odd year old person who won't let go of anything and be seen as a hoarder. I make myself to get rid of things. I have got rid of clothes that I had quite wearing. That way, I'm making room for more clothes as I get them. With the closet, so far I haven't bothered to buy hangers because I make myself to get rid of shirts that I have quite wearing. I try to have more hangers than shirts.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:04 pm

Fluff, what you described is almost what my mom is like, only a few years younger and not quite so hoardish. It's very hard to get her to get rid of anything........

I miss the mom I had when I was a kid, she didn't hoard nearly so much stuff of all descriptions.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:45 pm

the way i've been looking at things is....i don't have that much longer on earth...am i going to wear whatever i want to buy out before i die? (I never have a reason to buy anything nice anymore since i only 'go out' to things like nycc where you can wear almost anything)
when it comes to the few things i still do collect (like black cat things, a few Doctor Who things and a few authors) i ask myself where i can put it...do i realllly need it. though i love all black cat stuff i really only allow myself to buy small things on the whole, like little things i can put on the shelf next to the bed etc. of stuff like lunch boxes that i use to organize and store stuff. i've really cut back on stuff since i moved here and i've probably saved a lot of money;)

maybe the biggest question your mom needs to ask herself Fiff is what ONE thing do i want to collect? then get rid of the 'stuff' and just concentrate on getting the nicest pieces of the thing she does want to collect. better to have one thing you really want and appreciate than 100 pieces of cheap stuff you got just to get,ya know?
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:39 pm

She has enough food in her pantry to feed a small army for a year, clothes up the ying-yang, plastic containers, craft stuff she doesn't use anymore..........but it's getting ridiculous. I understand she went hungry as a small child, had few clothes, and stuff like that so she's afraid of doing without again......
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:42 pm

too bad you and your sister couldn't get her out of the house for a day and then go in and do a mass clean out like they do on those shows (i've seen it happen on Oprah and i'm sure she's nothing like those people!). cuz if its that bad she probably doesn't even know most of what she has!
does your sister have a house? who could have a yard sale one weekend and use the money from all the stuff she's been hoarding to do something good like help you buy a new car so you could drive her around to appointments etc easier? just an idea!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum