Xavier is coming!

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Xavier is coming!

Post by bpaquet on Fri May 13, 2011 9:34 pm

The story is getting weirder. The TN vet called to tell me that X is NOT at the farm he's supposed to be at. (Pardon grammar, but we all know that we don't speak the way we were taught to write, right?) Apparently, he's in Alabama -- hope he wasn't in the tornado area!

I called the rescue lady to tell her and she sounded shocked. She said she was right on it because the horses aren't supposed to move without notifying the rescue. I haven't heard back, but I'm a bit worried. I just don't know what the foster people were thinking. Maybe there's a perfectly reasonable explanation, but I always think of the worst possible thing.

Hope I hear back soon! Mad
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Fri May 13, 2011 9:38 pm

SAY WHAT!?!?!?!?
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat May 14, 2011 11:45 am

They moved him without the rescue knowing about it? Hmmmmm, starting to sound like somebody else took a shine to X and tried to get him without paying the adoption fee................
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sat May 14, 2011 8:47 pm

This is incredible. And appalling. You must be very upset, Becky; I know I am and I'm not even in this. Please let us know what you find out.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat May 14, 2011 9:01 pm

I've thought about that and that something might have happened to him and the foster people didn't report it. But, whatever... All I want to know is where is my pony? I know the rescue lady is kind of powerless -- she trusted the foster people. The bad thing is that if this is indeed a bad thing, there are several more rescue horses at the same place. I'll keep everybody posted when I find something out. I think the rescue lady is trying and trying to get ahold of the foster person. Wonder why she's hard to get ahold of... Neutral
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sat May 14, 2011 9:15 pm

The foster or the rescue lady? This is indeed scary.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sat May 14, 2011 9:21 pm

Becky, there are things we can control and things we can't. Please try to stay calm and sane while you and the rescue lady search for Xavier.

If the TN vet knows he's in Alabama, surely he has some idea where? I mean, where did he get this info? And he must have some idea what's going on at the foster farm, who they are and how to contact them. We might not be able to touch X yet, but we can tie that guy to a chair, shine a bright light in his eyes, and shake some details out of him! Oh, wait, did I say calm and sane? Sorry. My serenity escaped me for a minute there.

Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sat May 14, 2011 9:37 pm

You know I've really got to stop reading this topic while drinking
wine.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sun May 15, 2011 9:22 am

The vet is under some legal obligations to his clients. I think he can talk to the rescue people since they are the legal owners of the horse, but he can't talk to me really. I'm sure the rescue lady will be calling him on Monday. Since I talked to her after 5 PM on Friday, there wasn't much she could do.

I just hope there's a reasonable explanation and that we can get X here. It might take longer than expected because who knows if he needs to go through another quarantine. I can arrange that, but it's a pain. I can't do a real quarantine here. But, I think I could contact a clinic that could. Sigh... No reason to plan until I know what's going on.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sun May 15, 2011 8:40 pm

I just looked at the adoption page again, and some babies listed there are fostered in TN and AL. So, maybe the foster person has property in both states. I don't know for sure, but I figure since the babies are in one entry and both places are mentioned, maybe I'm making a bigger deal of this than I should. It is kind of a big deal, but maybe not as big a deal as I think it is. tongue

Hoping I hear something tomorrow. You know how the South is on Sundays... "Ain't nothing get done today."
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sun May 15, 2011 8:51 pm

HACK*****SNORT*****CHOKE****Well at least time it was only water.

Anyway I hope that's is what has happened.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon May 16, 2011 8:18 pm

The rescue lady called today. Apparently, they have had some trouble with the foster person. They are trying to get all their horses adopted from her place because this isn't the first time she has been painful to deal with. So, I am going to wait until the end of the week to see if they can get X off the property. If they can't, they've offered either to return my money or let me take a sweet little mare who lives in NJ. The mare is about Sabi's age and is looking for a retirement home. Although that wasn't my original plan, it could work well. We'll see what happens as the week goes.

Sigh... The story the rescue lady told me was so sad. It is just that the person sounds like she got into rescuing horses for the right reasons and then thought she might start making some money from it. She hasn't been very honest, and the rescue people actually have split away from her foster because of this incident and another like mine. Crying or Very sad

Keep your fingers crossed that X can make it here. It sounds like he really needs a good home.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon May 16, 2011 8:30 pm

since when do you make money from rescue? (i mean any kinda rescue) this woman has got to be nuts! is she a hoarder?
i just hope and pray every horse gets out of there asap and into a safe and loving place!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon May 16, 2011 8:39 pm

Jeane, you sell the horse and don't be too picky about the
buyer.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Mon May 16, 2011 9:26 pm

Becky, all you can do right now is tend your own garden (and by that I mean Sabi & Envoy, of course, and from what I've read, they're blooming Smile ) and hope the rescue lady can track down Xavier. Hold on.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue May 17, 2011 6:33 pm

Yeah, I'm sure the rescue lady will be like a bulldog holding on until she finds out exactly where X went. I'm hoping and praying he's found so he can come home to you and the boys. Let the boys help you keep your sanity right now until this mess is straightened out.

Couldn't help but wonder: If there's been another incident like this in the past, why are they still dealing with that fosterer?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue May 17, 2011 8:48 pm

The rescue lady called this morning. The horse is, indeed, somewhere else -- somewhere better. I got a different vet's number and called right after I hung up from talking to RL. The vet works on her own, and was on an emergency call, so I didn't hear back from her. I'll try again tomorrow. Mobile vets have super busy schedules in the spring. I'll try again in the morning.

As soon as we can get shots/tests/papers arranged, we can get transportation set up. It might take a couple weeks, but I'm not too worried about it now. At least they found X. (The girl they told me about sounds like a sweetie, but I really did have my heart set on meeting X.)

The rescue still deals with the first foster person because they still have horses there. They have to get them placed before they can sever all associations. They are trying, but the girl has something like 8 or 10 left. I hope they find homes soon. Some are babies, and they are actually harder to place. They need somebody who has time to train them from the beginning. It's rewarding, but it does take an experienced person with lots of time.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue May 17, 2011 9:30 pm

too bad a place that does therapy with people and horses couldn't get the young ones and train them right off.
here's hoping that all those horses find a place soon and that stupid rescue person (how can they sell something they are just fostering?) can get their hands off them.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed May 18, 2011 1:16 pm

So you won't be getting X after all?

I just thought: how can a fosterer sell a horse they're fostering in the first place? They don't have legal ownership to start with, the rescue organization does. So the sale was illegal.........and the fosterer should be prosecuted. Essentially she stole X and then sold him.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed May 18, 2011 3:18 pm

No no... X IS coming. He is just not at the original foster home. He is at a nice one in Alabama. Apparently, the original foster person moved him there without telling the rescue. But all is well now and X is in the process of getting himself ready for a big trip. It will probably be a couple weeks until he gets all his papers and can get a ride, but that's ok. At least we know where he is and that he's in good hands.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Wed May 18, 2011 8:29 pm

Have you talked to the Alabama foster folks yet? Or do you still have to go through the Rescue at this point?
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed May 18, 2011 8:44 pm

I still have to go through the rescue. That's fine since things are moving along well. The vet is going to give me a report on his general health and attitude, so I think that is good. The new foster people are helping get him ready for his ride, so we should be in good shape once he gets here. I'm not really sure I need to bother the foster people at this point. I would like to send updates to both the rescue and the foster people.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed May 18, 2011 8:48 pm

it sounds like you have some good decent foster people in there now....so not so much to worry about,i agree;)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Wed May 18, 2011 9:07 pm

Sounds very good. Very Happy I'm sure, once he's safely home with you, the Rescue will be delighted to get updates and will forward them to the fosters if the rules won't let you send them directly.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu May 19, 2011 12:42 pm

That huge sigh of relief you just heard was me--happy that X is coming to you after all. Even if it is with some delay he is coming. I hope the rescue folks put a bug in that woman's ear that she must tell them if she moves an animal to another fosterer, just to put their minds at ease (and their records straight).
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum