Xavier is coming!

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Xavier is coming!

Post by bpaquet on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:13 pm

Tomorrow is the day! I am going into town to get the hauler money and to pick up my computer so I can work from home. I am so excited! Very Happy
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:29 pm

The only thing I hate about this is you will probably be too busy to update us every single second! Razz

Oh, Becky, I'm excited, too, and will be thinking about you and Xavier and the whole crew all day. I trust all will go smoothly because I know, whatever happens, you'll take it in your calm, cool stride. Cool

Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:53 pm

well....i'll be waiting to hear how it goes...do you think we'll have something tomorrow afternoon?
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:06 pm

He's supposed to get here in the early afternoon. I'm supposed to take pictures to share with the rescue, so of course I'll post what I can. I hope I ca get some sleep. There's still so much to do, but I need to wait until he actually arrives. Excitement!!!
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:10 pm

Oooooo, it should only be a few hours before Xavier arrives! bounce
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:38 pm

HE'S HERE!!! He arrived with a very nice lady and her husband. The trip was 13 hours -- poor guy. He was in good spirits and VERY energetic when he got out. His only problem was that he didn't drink on his trip. The lady fed him apples to get some liquid into him, but he drank 2 buckets when he got into the barn for lunch. Poor thing is really skinny, but otherwise he looks good. His coat is nice and he has bright eyes. He got along with Envoy right away, and Sabi is giving him the sniff-down. I'll let him have his own pasture for a couple days so he can say hello over the fence. Then, it's every horse for himself! bounce sunny cheers
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by WarriorNY on Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:30 pm

Welcome, Xavier! Very Happy
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:46 pm

Welcome, Xavier!!!!!!111 Laughing
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:21 pm

Here are the pictures of the skinny guy. He's out eating in the rich grass and likes his food, so he should look like a healthy horse soon. He was stressed without any company even though he could see the others over the fence. So, I went against everything I've said and put everyone together on day one. That went SO well. Nobody got upset. Nobody squealed. They kind of checked each other out and went to their grass patches. Sabi kind of fronted Xavier just to say he's in charge, and when Xavier said, "Yes, sir." Sabi just went back to munching.

http://gallery.me.com/becky.paquet/100052
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:26 pm

I'm glad that things are going good.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:36 pm

bounce bounce bounce bounce

Becky I'm really excited, glad everybody took to each other
immediately.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:40 pm

With that kind of pasture he should be back to normal soon.
That is lush that and good groceries he should be looking good soon.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:35 pm

bpaquet wrote:Here are the pictures of the skinny guy. He's out eating in the rich grass and likes his food, so he should look like a healthy horse soon. He was stressed without any company even though he could see the others over the fence. So, I went against everything I've said and put everyone together on day one. That went SO well. Nobody got upset. Nobody squealed. They kind of checked each other out and went to their grass patches. Sabi kind of fronted Xavier just to say he's in charge, and when Xavier said, "Yes, sir." Sabi just went back to munching.

http://gallery.me.com/becky.paquet/100052

I'm just thrilled it all went so well!! All the guidelines in all the world can't know your horses better than you do, Becky. You clearly did everything exactly right for your boys. Well done!

I can't get the pics to load. Sad Is there anywhere else we can see them?
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:45 pm

oh he's a little skinny but i have a feeling those ribs won't be showing in a few weeks;) glad everyone made friends so easily...bet the older guys knew the new dude needed some friends.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:49 pm

Yes, I've seen them. He is really thin but I've seen worse. Still Becky is the one
to get him back to rights.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:08 pm

Xavier is really skinny, a bit more than I expected, but I know he'll be looking really good by fall. All that lush grass, good grain, etc. will have him up to snuff in no time. I'm so happy everybody is getting along so well!

For all that X is skinny, his tail looks really thick and lush. Is that a touch of sunny blonde I see in there?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:34 pm

My home computer has all sorts of blockers, but I was able to see the pics at work today. Xavier is skinny, yes, but those folks at the rescue clearly took good care of him. He looks clean and groomed (his mane and tail are lovely!) and you can tell his sores and whatnot are healing. I pray that's the worst of it, because TLC (and he's in the heart of TLC Land!) will fix it.

AND, he's really quite beautiful! I love you I don't know anything about horses, but he looks like a fine boy to me. Sweet face! Also a nice body, IM clueless O. What do you horsewomen think?

Becky, how are they all getting along? How did X do last night when it was time to come in? Have you noticed any anomalies? What does the vet think?
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:07 pm

With the exception of the thinness he is a fine boy. Well made and a kind eye.
I can't wait to see how he progresses and does under saddle.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:30 pm

I'm glad you could see them today, Suzzzz. It's funny... I post to MobileMe because Fiff can get to it, but it's blocked at your house. Aren't computers funny?

He is really very easy to handle. I've cut back on the grain, and he's already not so hot. I am feeding a high fat, low starch food that should give him cool calories.

Poor guy had to stay inside last night. It STORMED, which is why I couldn't post the pix to another site. He was wound up from all the thunder, lightening and rain. He seemed to settle when I went out for bedtime check, and he was finally eating his hay. I put his leftover grain on top of it, and it was gone this morning. So, I think all is well.

No anomolies I've noticed yet. I'm sure he will have some, but we're still getting to know each other.He's already picking up the routine. He came trotting up for supper and waited his turn while the pushy 2 came in first. Smile

The vet comes tomorrow. I'm sure I'll learn a lot.

Oh... Fiff, that isn't a kiss of blonde. It's orange stains from Alabama mud. Gray horses pick up every color they encounter. I'm sure he will be green and brown soon enough. Laughing
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:58 pm

Glad he is easy to handle. Do you think he just doesn't like storms or just
the fact he was in a new place and it stormed. Arabs are smart. What kind of feed and
schedule and feed do you have him on?
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:20 pm

orange,brown,green and gray...he's going to be a rainbow horse:) i like the way his tail is up when he's running in a couple of those pics. kinda looks like he's going "woo hoo!i'm freeeee!"
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:01 pm

I trust the pushy 2 are being nice as well as pushy! As for the storm, I've had so many animals react in different ways. Some ignore them, some freak, and my current dog, Shop, used to insist on going outside to stand under the overhang and watch them. What I'm hearing is that Xavier settled after you visited and reassured him. New place, scary storm, possible new mom came to check and gave some grain. Might be okay. I love you

I know this is a "pushy" thought, but it will be interesting to see how X reacts to the other boys once he's feeling himself again. I rescued a dog once who was extremely placid and malleable. 6 months later (when she was finally well) she was Queen of the household. Still sweet, very loving, and headstrong as hell. Lol, she ruled! A benevolent dictator. I love you It will be interesting to see how the dynamics progress.

Please let us know what the vet says.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:11 pm

Sue, right now, he's on all the grass and hay he can eat with 6 pounds of high fat/low carb pellets split into 2 feedings. He really likes his hay and APPLES. I top dress supper with carrots and apples. Smile

I am silly. The vet comes TOMORROW. I messed up my calendar. Oh well... It gave me a day of working at home, and now it will give me 2 days of working at home. I love not commuting. We'll find out tomorrow if my feeding program is on track or if I need to add some rice bran/oil/vitamins.

He has learned where his house is. The boys are in the back pasture so they can come right into the barn without having to be led. I've been putting the halter on X since he isn't familiar with the routine. Well... Tonight, he just walked straight to his stall. I stood in the aisle with my arms spread just in case he wanted to walk out to the driveway, but he just popped right into his little house for supper. He'll go back outside since it's a very nice night. He seems to enjoy being outside. The pushy 2 really aren't pushy, and allow him to graze calmly. Sabi just turns to him and charges when he gets close to the gate. Sabi is FIRST all the time, every time.

I think his reaction to the storm was more of a reaction to everything that happened on Tuesday. He left Alabama in the wee hours, spent 13 hours on a trailer, and then got plopped in a new place. Then the skies opened up and rained fire. Poor guy. I think the next storm might be a little scary, but he won't have as many variables to deal with.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:20 pm

It's up to your vet to me it sounds like you are on track to get weight on him and have
him stay healthy. His mane and tail are in great shape. Also his eyes are so bright and
healthy. I like the carrots and apples. My horses loved carrots and if they had the tops on them
look out.

I can imagine how unsettling that was. I gather the transporter knew their onions. I liked the fact
they feed him apples to help keep him hydrated. I hope they didn't have to dead head back. Still sounds
like they had worked with special needs horses before.

Suzzz, Arabs are incredible breed. They were not only bred for their intelligence but for their hardiness.

Last edited by Sue Short on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:22 pm

I think he's done magnificently considering everything that's been thrown at him!!
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum