Back to BobCat Again!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I made it!

Post by bpaquet on Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:59 am

I like the new forum. I came back a bit late, but I think I've figured it out. Thanks BobCat. Great -- and most appreciated -- work. Very Happy

Now, off to the profile to pick an avatar.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Had I nnot been so tired...

Post by ARNIgal on Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:33 pm

...I certainly would have done things differently. I actually was working as a Cab Driver in Lansing for about 6 months. The reason I quit was that I was afraid of getting more tickets. Before that job, I had no points on my lisence and no tickets in 4 years. On the day I quit, I had built up 11 points and had 5 tickets all in the space of the aforementioned 6 months!!affraid At that point I was thinking the rest of my life would have been impacted thus giving me no choice but to quit. Believe it or not, I had no problem with the (5)-12 hour day/night shifts and almost no problems with any of my fares. That said, the twelve hour shifts did have me tired on the day I quit and I had MISTAKENLY called my mother silent ! By the time I had caught up on my sleep her and my brothers-in law had moved me back to Flint. The town is O.K., but according to the news this morning, has the highest unemployment rate in the state!!
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Re: Back to BobCat Again!

Post by bpaquet on Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:53 pm

Oh man, ARNI. I sure hope you can find something quickly. At least there are people there who can help. (It is help, no?)

Thinking of you and hoping you can find time to visit here some.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:52 pm

try checking out UofM or EMU...they're not too far from ya and they might have something if you're not too picky. i remember back when i was going there there were regular adults working in the cafeterias and bookstores etc.
if you can't find anything and its close to Sept trying putting in applications in stores....store start hiring for the Christmas season sometimes as early as late Aug or early Sept. Its not great money,but if you can get two of them as part time jobs or they give you enough hours for one job, it can get ya through.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:44 pm

Check out UPS and FedEx. Thay can always use experienced drivers with people skills, and if you can handle a hand truck, you're golden. Good luck, honey!
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:09 pm

ya know,i didn't think of that! they need people not just for the drivers but for the loading etc too. i think for any of it you have to pass a test where you have to carry a certain amount of boxes of a certain weight. i want to say the boxes are 50# ...its some crazy weight! But if you're good and strong its not bad (cuz when you actually are doing it..esp if its driving.. you don't have that many really heavy boxes).AND those folks make pretty good money. Esp at Christmas...mon dieu! its long hours but you could probably make enough in a couple of those months to last a few slow months:)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal on Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:36 am

Thanks for the advice all... Very Happy I would LOVE the possibility of looking for jobs at U of M or EMU, however as part of my bankruptcy (yes, my life has taken that kind of turn), my leased vehicle will be disappearing sometime in August probably. As far as "driving" jobs are concerned, I'm now completely frightened of ticket accumulation... affraid LOL!! I think as long as the shifts are not too long, like when I drove a cab, then I would do fine. The lifting, however, is sooooo not a problem at all. At ARNI, I would always end up carrying the "heavy" supplies for a sustained amount of time Smile
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum