Ms Puff's bad butt

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ms Puff's bad butt

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:49 pm

i was upstairs visiting Found Kitty (who i found they call Liam Jr ...after the big puffy orange kitty who passed a few years back) and was told they had to take Ms Puff (aka Ms Pees on the Floor Cat aka Noel)to the vet because they thought she had crystal.
it turned out her butt fur had gotten so badly matted her butt had become infected and she couldn't go to the bathroom.she got her butt fur trimmed and will have to get it trimmed every 6 months or so, got the infection cleaned up and some medicine to put on it. she seems pretty peppy though!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Re: Ms Puff's bad butt

Post by Suzzzz on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:07 pm

Ug, nasty. Poor kitty! It must have been awful for her to have such a sore butt all this time! Glad it got taken care of, and I'll bet she is, too. Hope poor Miss Puff feels better soon!
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:39 pm

don't think anybody knew what was going on. andrea says she combs her every day but she didn't know it.I only see Ms Puff through the fence in the door and reach over to pet her as best i can. (she'll be getting another kitty to'talk to' cuz they've got a new kitty condo..supposed to be for NObe but FoundKitty is going to be in it til he finds a place of his own...at least it will be a bigger cage. they're going to put the new cage a few feet from the bedroom door where Ms Puff is. i'm wondering how she's gonna feel about that!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:21 pm

Boo's butt used to get all matted and I would have to have it
shaved. Since they are separated they should be fine.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:27 pm

Oh, I hope there's no bad kitty drama! With any luck, they'll make friends. cat

Believe me, I wasn't casting aspersions about the care of Miss Puff. All us kitty mamas know anything can happen, and who thinks to comb a kitty's butt? (Hoo, even if they'd let you! affraid ) Frankly, this is a wake up call for me and I'm grateful for it. I plan to take a gander at Weezer's butt from time to time from now on. She is a short-hair but still very furry, and arthritis in older cats (like she has) means they aren't always comfortable getting way back there to clean the nitty gritty as well as they should. I just hope she doesn't turn me in to the ASPCA for peeking at her nethers. tongue
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:48 pm

Poor Ms Puff! That had to hurt...............glad to hear it's been taken care of, she must feel so much better already. Don't know how she's doing to like Found Kitty being that close, but being in a cage will prevent any injuries in case it gets nasty............I hope they become friends.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by gbste on Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:36 pm

My long haired kitties have avoided butt trouble, but I have to keep my schnauzer mix, Abby, in a "sanitary clip" in the rear. That's given me lots of practice, though, and I can almost do a respectable schnauzer cut now. When it's time for the sanitary clip, I clip the whole dog.
gbste
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffnstuff on Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:32 pm

My parents haven't had butt hair trouble with any of the cats, past and present. Majority of the cats have been short hair. Mikey had medium length hair and he didn't have trouble with his butt hair. Pugsley has managed to get poo remnants on his tail on occasion, but we haven't noticed any trouble with his butt hair.
fluffnstuff
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:24 pm

Thankfully we've never had that problem with our kitties, now the dogs...............that's another story.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:12 pm

The guilt that I felt when calling this one in to the vet was almost unbearable No
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:00 pm

ARNIgal wrote:The guilt that I felt when calling this one in to the vet was almost unbearable No

Did you have a similar case, Arni?
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:39 am

No reason to feel guilty. Kitties don't like people looking at their butts, do they? I don't think any vets expect people to inspect kitty butts. Razz I felt similar guilt when Shadow's anal glands got all messed up and she started scooting all over. The vet said that most cats would rather scoot than have people look at their booties. (And she used the word "bootie.")
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:29 am

JEEZ BEcky I alsmost spite wine all over the computer. Laughing
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:17 pm

Bijoux shows his off, so we can see how clean it is..................what an exhibitionist he is!
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:45 pm

He just knows he has a cutie patootie.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:44 pm

i call the rescue kitties that but i call what they try to show me under their tails a pinkie winkie;) well it DOES sort of look like its winkin at ya!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:24 pm

Sometimes I think Bij actually thinks we should kiss his behind literally..............
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal on Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:40 pm

Suzzzz wrote:
ARNIgal wrote:The guilt that I felt when calling this one in to the vet was almost unbearable No

Did you have a similar case, Arni?

Well...I had 3 similar cases with 2 different cats. With Envigado, I just plain was not accustomed to looking at the pinkie-winkie region and he has long black fir!
With Jay Jay, it happened twice for the same reasons. At the time I could remember getting past looking...but then I would be wondering if I let them gain too much weight. Then I talked myself outta that guilt too. This hasn't happened to any of my cats in a good 6 years...mostly 'cuz I've gotten over looking at the back end of a kitty Embarassed
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:58 pm

there's no shame at lookin' a critter's pooter! just so long as you don't do much more than look;) but you've got to check it out a little bit like you check their teeth or ears etc. (i'm not going start poking around the Rescue Kitties' mouths but i'll push their lips back and check at least their front teeth!)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:41 pm

Heh, heh...all the blushing about that issue ended at least six years ago. I basically made myself be brave back then when a neighbor across the hall had an obviously portly cat that couldn't take care of business...and dang it all, I would NOT allow myself to be THAT person at all!!
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:30 pm

nobe was like that until a few years ago...she had gotten as big as a basketball! her tooter was so filthy we tried to take baby wipes to it..but back then she still had the attack mode set. i started limiting her food...she gets half a cup of dry and about a tablespoon of wet each day. she's not the prefect cat size, but she's lost enough that she had clean herself now;) she used to also have very crunchy dry fur but now she's soft like a kittybunny:)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:58 am

Wow! That was a chunka kitty, Jeane. Glad to hear she's in better shape now. I never really considered all the side effects of kitty roundness.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:18 pm

Sounds like the change in diet affected more than her waistline, it made her fur nicer too.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum