Lotiel is back!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lotiel is back!

Post by Lotiel on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:19 am

It's been, what? years? I can't believe that.

Anyway, I'm in Oslo now, working for a non-profit youth organization, as a year off from my studies. In August I have to go back to school to finish my bachelor's degree. Then I plan on moving to the west coast, although I'm not too sure what I'll do there.

But, news! I have a little puppy. Her name is Guri (goo-ry) and she's mostly Chinese Crested Powder Puff. She's allergy friendly, and that's good, because my flatmate has become allergic to his family's dogs. She's eight months old, really really friendly and full of high spirits.

I don't have any really current pictures of her, because my camera is broken, but these are just a few months old:

Guri by lotielvanya, on Flickr

guri maren by lotielvanya, on Flickr

CIMG6944 by lotielvanya, on Flickr

CIMG6943 by lotielvanya, on Flickr

CIMG6934 by lotielvanya, on Flickr

CIMG6904 by lotielvanya, on Flickr

CIMG6898 by lotielvanya, on Flickr

CIMG6882 by lotielvanya, on Flickr
Lotiel
Mutts Fan
Mutts Fan

http://journal.lotiel.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Lotiel is back!

Post by WarriorNY on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:12 am

Hi, Lotiel! Good to hear from you again!

Guri is cute. She looks a bit like my dog.
WarriorNY
Mutts Nutt
Mutts Nutt

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:21 pm

I AM SO GLAD TO SEE YOU IN HERE LOTIEL! It has been way too long.........
Wonderful news about your new puppy, she sounds like a cute, lovable little girl. I can't see the pics unless they're attachments to an email.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:57 pm

OMG, girl, it's amazing to see you again! It makes me so happy! How did you find us?? It's been a LONG time and several websites since I've seen your smiling face. It does my heart good to see it again. Very Happy I love you Very Happy

Guri is adorable! The pics of her playing in the snow are sweet and hilarious. I'm so glad you have such a great furfriend! How did you find her?

Please tell us about your life and what you've been doing since high school. What are you studying in college? What's your job at the youth organization? Who's this flatmate? Friend or boyfriend? tongue Will he join us, too?

Dear one, I must say, one more time, how happy I am to see you again. Please visit here as much as you can! I love you
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotiel on Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:43 am

After high school I was a year in Trondheim, which is further to the north, where I studied language and computer science. That didn't work for me, so I moved to Oslo to study Arabic and live with Ola, who's a good friend. I did Arabic for a year, and then I went on an exchange semester to Syria. That was lovely, but I was good to be home afterwards. Then I did my last semester of Arabic in Oslo, and started on my French minor.

And last summer I started this job. It's being secretary general of the organization, but we're only 1,5 employees, so it's not all THAT impressive. So this summer I have to start French again. Not much looking forward to it, to be honest, but it'll be fine.

I got Guri from a relative. Some other relatives had gotten a dog from them before, and they gave me the tip he had a new litter. So I talked to him, and went to see them, and fell instantly in love with Guri. Then we had to check if Ola was allergic to her, and he wasn't, so it was all shiny.

She's so playful and cute, and she loves the deep snow. She jumps up and down in it.

Lori has been sending me links to the forums, I just never registered for them before. I guess I thought it'd be weird, after all this time, but you guys are so lovely.
Lotiel
Mutts Fan
Mutts Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:55 pm

oh chickie you didn't have to be afraid to come back in here....old friends never forget one another! I think about ya every time i find that spelling bee pin;)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat on Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:04 pm

Guri is absolutely precious. We're glad to have you back on the forums, Tone!
BobCat
Admin
Admin

http://www.whoppingfalls.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:35 pm

LOVED the pics of Guri you sent me. She's adorable! And it's obvious she loves to play in the snow. Don't be a stranger now! Very Happy
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:57 pm

Tone! it's so good to hear from you. I love your Guri. He's so cute.
It sounds like you have had an adventurous few years. I'm certainly glad you are not in Syria now, with all the turmoil in the mid east.

How is your wonderful family? Say hello to them for me.
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotiel on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:26 pm

Guri loves loves loves the snow. You should see her! She has to wear little rubber shoes so the snow doesn't hurt her poor little paws, and she really dislikes them, but then she forgets about them when she gets out in the snow. She IS adorable.

I felt really, really safe in the Middle East. I know there were riots in Jerusalem just after I was there, but I never saw anything at all worrying. And I hear from people that are there still that it's pretty safe still, you just have to keep your head about you.

My family are doing good. My sister is going to a one-year music school thingy on the West Coast, so the house is probably very empty right now. Both my mom and my dad are working a lot, and my mom may get a promotion at one point, I think. She's been a little ill, but she's back at work and everything's fine now.

My dad loves Guri. He's very good with kids and animals, and he really loves them. So he's perfect with a happy dog like Guri. My mom was a little insecure in the beginning, but now Guri demands attention and cuddles from her too, and she's warming up to her.
Lotiel
Mutts Fan
Mutts Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:09 pm

How's Lille-Hoppe doing? Is he still around?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotiel on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:14 pm

He died last year D:

He was very very old, nine or ten I think.
Lotiel
Mutts Fan
Mutts Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:13 pm

oh, I', so sorry to hear that
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:32 pm

I'm sorry, too. I know that was a sad loss for you. But I also know he had a happy life with you, and when his circle turned he went to the bridge with great love on both sides. I'm glad you are paying your love forward with Guri!
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:43 pm

Sorry to hear that Lotiel, but I know 9 or 10 is pretty old for a bunny, Lille-Hoppe had a good long happy life with your family.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotiel on Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:11 pm

He did live a long and happy life.

Lille-Hopp wasn't actually mine, he was my sister's, so the loss wasn't too big for me, but it was for her. I think it may have been when I was in Syria, even, and I only heard when I got home.
Lotiel
Mutts Fan
Mutts Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:21 pm

I know, but I bet it was still a bit sad to go home and not have him be there to greet you.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:57 pm

My condolences to your sister, Tone. It's been a long time, but I do seem to remember that you told us Lille-Hopp was hers.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum