BAD Envoy!!!

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: BAD Envoy!!!

Post by bpaquet on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:50 am

Oh! The Adoption Pony is on sale this month. I need to put in that app. (http://www.arabianrescuemission.org/adoptable_horses). Look for Xavier.

I'd rather not have an overlap because I only have 3 stalls. I guess Envoy could go back to school, but I'm ready to decrease my driving time for a while. ;-) It will work out though. I'm going to go fill out that app.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:19 pm

Which one are you applying for? They all have such expressive faces............
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:58 pm

Is this him?

Xavier is a handsome, grey Arab gelding. 12yrs old and 15hds, he goes well under saddle, likes trails and is an easy keeper. All he needs is a family to call his own. In foster care in TN. Adoption Fee $500.00
APRIL MADNESS ADOPTION SPECIAL $400.00

Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:21 pm

That's him! Cute, isn't he?
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:30 am

((((((((((((((((SUCCESSFUL ADOPTION VIBES)))))))))))))))))

He has a really kind eye. I hope you get him.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:45 pm

he looks like he's saying "Ok,here i am, ADOPT ME!"
here's sending ya some good vibes as well!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:36 pm

I thought so too. Something about him just speaks to me. He does have a soft eye and an eager face. I just think he's speaking to me. I hope it works out. Smile

Sabi and Envoy get chiropractic work done tomorrow. My neighbor is lending one of his horses to keep CS company. The vet does her own chiropractic work, so I don't need to bring her to the clinic. Sabi will be going to my trainer's house for a few hours to get his back worked on. I figure he would like it since he has so many weird things about the way he moves. Envoy can use it because he works so hard.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:50 pm

i bet it will feel good too! I've never had it done on myself but i hear it feels real good to get everything cracked out;)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:46 pm

He's adorable! Just love that expression on his face and in his eyes. I hope you get him Becky! **crossing fingers, toes, eyes, whatever praying hard**
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal on Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:26 pm

Luv his strawberry blonde maine Like a Star @ heaven
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:38 pm

It went really well. Sabi has nothing unexpected. He was a bit sore on his good side and his back end needed some readjustment. Totally in line with his founder and condition. So, he's all adjusted and pronounced doing extremely well for an old guy who has issues. The vet thinks he will still be plugging around for many more years.

Envoy has stifle issues on both sides. It isn't really an injury, but it's stiffness in the joint with some inflammation. He's on glucosamine shots for about 2 weeks (every 4 days until the bottle is gone). If he doesn't improve, he will go to the clinic with Sabi who is visiting the dentins in May. He will get joint injections to help with his discomfort. The good news is that he's not lame at all. He is just not able to move as well as he is able to move. So, we'll see how it goes. He gets time off from riding until Thursday, so he'll have a nice rest.

Envoy comes home next weekend. He will be home for 4 weeks and then back to school while the trainer goes to another trade show. I will ride lightly for that month so he can work on building strength in those joints. We'll go back to serious work in June.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:58 am

The exercise will do him good, building muscle helps to strengthen any joint, even for us peoples. Any word on Xavier yet? Are they letting you adopt him?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:02 pm

The funny thing is that Envoy is in great shape. He is strong and muscular. But, focused exercise doesn't hurt. Like you said, Fiff, it will strengthen the joint.

No word on Xavier yet. I just sent off the application fee on Saturday. I emailed the application, but I had to sign the paper and send the $25 fee too. So, I expect I'll hear in a couple weeks. They have to call my contacts and vet. Then, we have to figure out if it's too expensive to get him 1/2 way across the country.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:29 pm

I'm going to toss this idea out there. I've seen this done with dog rescues.
They get people to drive part of the journey, or you could arrange to meet them
half way. It's an idea.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:50 am

Oh yes. That is a definite possibility. If they can get him from close to Nashville to someplace close to Knoxville, TN, I can get him. That's about a 3 hour drive for them and about 10 for me. But, I have contacts between here and there, and can make arrangements to let him stop overnight for a rest. I'd hate to drag him for 8 or more hours before he could get out for a stretch. That part isn't an issue. I have the ability to trailer. I just don't want to make it too hard for myself since I'd be alone in the truck. I don't think any of my friends could take that much time off to sit in the passenger seat. Small potatoes. Cool
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:40 am

Now we'll all be waiting on pins and needles, hoping you get Xavier! He's such a handsome boy in his pic.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:14 pm

Still no word. I'm sure I'll hear something pretty soon though. I know rescues of all kinds are hoping for adopters, so I think things will move pretty quickly as soon as they can check my references. Transportation can be worked out. I don't consider it a holdup.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:50 pm

Good, I'd hate to hear they'd let you have him only to not be able to actually physically get him home.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:31 pm

Envoy came home yesterday. He spent the night outside on the grass and LOVED it. He hasn't had grass since winter, so he was just in heaven. This morning, after a nap in his stall following breakfast, he ran and ran and ran around the pasture with Curly Sue and Sabi. It was fun to watch them with their tails in the air.

The farrier came in the afternoon and the had run themselves out. He was a gentleman for his pedicure. Tomorrow is riding day after work. I hope the flies and mosquitoes will give us a pass. I am going to buy some drier sheets, which are supposed to keep flies away. The prettier smelling, the better. So, I'm going to buy some of those really smelly "fresh scent" ones. And I'm going to use quite a bit of fly spray. It's hard to believe flies are here already.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:02 pm

It's all this rain and heat. The bugs and skeeters are buzzing around here already. I hate that perfumey smell of dryer sheets (maybe I was a fly in my last life!), but if it works, go for it. Glad to hear the horses had a happy day. Envoy must LOVE being home! I know the Xavier rescue is taking some time, but maybe it's working out for the best, giving the home kids time to adjust before the new member of the herd steps in.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:26 pm

I am so glad Envoy is enjoying being home so much! Wish I could've seen them all running around the pasture like that.

we have flies, moths, bugs, spiders, etc. all over here already too. I think we're in for another Year of the Bug...
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri May 13, 2011 9:30 pm

I had to come home early today because we were getting our heat pump's seasonal service. I pulled into the driveway to see Envoy happily munching grass in the back yard -- OUTSIDE THE FENCE. I went up to him and patted him to say thanks for not running away and panicking Sabi. Then I went to get his halter. He led me on a merry chase down the street, but he did come to me for a snack and walked nicely back to the pasture. I walked the fence and didn't find any breaks. I think he jumped. What??? He doesn't do that normally. Weirdness.

But, all's well that ends well. He stayed in the pasture with Sabi for the rest of the day, and the only ill effect was that I had to check the pasture about every 10 minutes to be sure he was still there.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Fri May 13, 2011 9:40 pm

****SNORT*****CHOKE*****I wish you wouldn't post stories like that
when I'm taking a sip of wine.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat May 14, 2011 11:47 am

OhNo...............will you have to make the fence higher now? What on earth would make Envoy jump the fence like that? The grass on the other side can't possibly be that much greener.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sat May 14, 2011 8:53 pm

Ha! Tell that to Envoy in the Shpring. Showing off a bit, is he, Becky? Cool
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down