BAD Envoy!!!

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: BAD Envoy!!!

Post by bpaquet on Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:56 am

He's not on grass yet. Still at boarding school. But, the warm weather and sun can't be slowing things down. We're starting to look forward to his coming back home. The grass is growing well now and Sabi needs some boy time. Curly Sue is getting a little grumpy because I think she's coming into season. No big deal. She isn't squealing and acting bad like some mares. She's just a little grumpy and makes Sabi back off. He just wants to play, so I think having another boy around will be good.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:10 pm

Yeah, she probably isn't feeling up to snuff with maybe cramps. Hormonal mood swings I can sympathize with............I can get grumpy too.

Boy time with Envoy would probably be a relief for Sabi, until Curly Sue is feeling a bit more like her old sweet self.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:51 pm

I think Envoy will enjoy the grass and boy time with Sabi. His friends at boarding school are cool, but his play time is more limited. Lots of horses in limited space means that everybody spends more time in their own private areas.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:41 pm

Becky, if you will indulge me, I'd like to step away from the conversation for a moment and ask you to explain about Envoy. He's yours, right? And he spends time away... where and for what purpose? How far away is he? Is he in training? For what? When you go see him, is it just to visit or do you train with him? Does he come home on a regular schedule?

Forgive me, I've never really understood what's going on with him. Embarassed
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:42 pm

Oh! All good questions.

Boarding school is my trainer's barn -- about 50 miles from my house, but only a short jog from work. He goes there in January and spends the yucky weather months there so we can ride. It is very muddy at my house, which makes it almost impossible to ride in the winter. With my trainer's indoor arena, I can ride almost every day. So, I visit Envoy 6 days a week, and he comes home for farrier time every 6 weeks.

Now that nice weather is on the way and the ground is firming up, I am planning on bringing Envoy home for the summer and fall. He gets full grass time and we go for trainer time once a week.

So, it isn't really that we're in training for anything special. We're just riding and avoiding the challenges of terrible winter weather.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:18 pm

I get it now, thank you! It's lovely that you and Envoy get to see each other nearly every day and ride together. When he's home for the summer, do y'all ride out & about on your home acres? Must be nice after riding indoors all winter.
What does Sabi think when y'all go out riding? Hoo, this year, what will Curly Sue think? confused
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:25 am

Well... We do ride at home during the summer, but our acreage is pretty small. We have a riding area in one pasture because the others are just not quite right for riding area. They have dips and furrows from old farming, and I like nice, flat riding ground. So, we go to our riding area and the other 2 can see us bouncing around. Sabi, I think, laughs at Envoy. Haahaa! That USED to be my job.

I have to figure out if Curly Sue is going to stay over the summer. Since my vet's place had its disaster, I don't know if she'll be ready to take CS back. The deal was that CS was going to keep Sabi company until Envoy comes home, and then I'd hunt for a permanent buddy. I've been hunting, but now I need to coordinate timing. CS is a wonderful horse, but it's unfair to ask her to stay here and do nothing. She's young and perfectly rideable. She deserves an owner who will work with her, and I just don't have time to have 2 to train. I wish I did though! I think she will be fun to ride.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:42 pm

What happened at your vet's place?
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:25 pm

Yeah, I didn't hear anything about the disaster either. What happened?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:35 pm

Oh! I thought I had mentioned it somewhere.

Shortly after Konan died and Curly Sue came here, the surrounding counties had some bad wildfires. My vet's farm caught fire and she lost her shed row barn, a lot of fencing, several other buildings and a horse trailer. It really was a disaster. All the people near her hooked up their horse trailers and helped to evacuate over 30 horses. I don't know if she's got the fences back up. I'm sure the rest will take a long time to replace, and who knows if some of it can be replaced at all. The good thing is that her house was ok and all people and animals are fine.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:00 pm

Shame the surrounding folks aren't more like the Amish, they'd all get together with whatever materials they could spare and build her a new shedrow in a day. I am glad they helped her evacuate all the animals, and that it didn't spread to her house.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:35 pm

Well... I'm sure there's insurance stuff that needs to be settled before anybody can come help. People around here really are good to each other when bad things happen. I'm sure her construction oriented neighbors are helping. But, I need to call her to see if she wants CS back or if I should keep her here for a while.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:46 pm

oh yeah...and you don't need to be amish to have a barn raising!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:55 pm

bpaquet wrote: I need to call her to see if she wants CS back or if I should keep her here for a while.

I suspect I can divine the answer to that one. cyclops

Does CS belong to your vet or was she boarded there? Could you get boarding fees/help from her owners if you keep her? That sounds mercenary, I know, and I know you wouldn't put her out on the street in any case, but Purina Horse Chow don't grow on trees. Shocked
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:05 pm

She belongs to my vet. After the vet came to put Konan down, we got to talking about a buddy for Sabi. I took him to stay with Envoy for a little while, and my vet kindly offered a few of her horses as temporary companions. CS is for sale, but she was just standing in a pasture out there. So, she got to come here and have some barn time and some daily handling. Since she's young, her leading in/out, grooming, blanketing, etc. serves as a bit of training. But, she really should be with somebody who can dedicate a lot more time than I can. She really is a sweetie.

I couldn't even begin to think of charging my vet for her care. If it were a boarder, maybe... There are insurance considerations there, and equine liability, blah blah. I prefer to have a non-boarding barn. Of course, Suzzzz, you're right. That hay doesn't grow on trees!
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:49 pm

Ah, but the grass grows green this time of year. As Curly Sue is your vet's, I wouldn't dream of charging for her care. I love you
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:47 pm

The handling you have given her is just as important than the riding.
Still Becky you have a loving heart I love you
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:23 pm

Maybe the vet knows of a horse that's more "retired", someone who can be more of a buddy for Sabi without needing all the additional training a youngster like CS needs. Still, the care you've given her has taught her people are good things to have around. That's an important lesson too.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:48 pm

Funny how life works... The vet called tonight and knows of somebody who needs a new horse, and wants to see CS. This is good. The girl is nice and will be a great match for a sweet horse. Now, I can look seriously into a little rescue Arab I saw online. He just spoke to me for some reason. I've learned to listen to my gut, and will fill out an application. He is 15 and rideable. He's at a foster home now. I will work on meeting him and making sure he is a good match for Sabi. It will take time to work things out, but I think I'm about to start on my next great horsie adventure. I've never taken in a rescue pony before.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:34 pm

Ooooo, I can't believe how fate is stepping in here. I hope CS loves her new home when she gets there. I hope that girl wants her.

And ((((((((((((((good luck vibes)))))))))))))))) getting the rescue pony. I have a good feeling about this.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:31 pm

Things are on the move! Keep us posted every minute, Becky! tongue
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal on Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:56 pm

It will be interesting to see how taking in a rescue horse works out. As a city dweller, I've never gotten to witness this Question
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:04 pm

No progress today. I'm waiting to hear about when the vet thinks the girl is going to try out CS. I need to put in an application for the rescue pony.

I think a rescue will be ok in this case. The horse is fostered and handled daily. He is in good weight and has had good care, so I don't have to take on a high maintenance case. I don't think I could handle some of the poor ones that come from starvation/abuse farms. The rescue people said they've even ridden him even though he sometimes bucks. They think the saddle didn't fit. I'm not so worried about that. I have a treeless saddle, so it fits everybody. Smile
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:22 pm

Sounds good to me. Do you have a pic of this prospective buddy for Sabi handy? I'd like to see what this rescue pony looks like. Just curious.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:02 pm

Sounds very good. I'd go ahead and put in the application. Timing will work itself out, even if Curly Sue and Rescue Pony overlap some.

When do you get to meet this pony in person?
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum