BAD Envoy!!!

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: BAD Envoy!!!

Post by ARNIgal on Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:19 pm

fiffur wrote:If it's nearly time for boingy pony bahavior-time to start always carrying the camera and video, just in case.

Oh yes, I forgot that you have a horse that likes to play in puddles!
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:17 pm

.........which can make for some very funny video footage!
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:50 am

I hardly ever have the camera out in the pasture. I'm normally working on fixing fences or cleaning some disaster. But, if I see something, I'll try to grab some kind of recording device.

Warm here today -- almost 80 degrees they say. bounce cheers Envoy won't need that heavy blanket for a few days I think. I've found a repair place and will be sending it off once I'm sure we're out of the really cold weather. Shpring is definitely shpringing.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:09 pm

Wish you could send some of that warmth us here! We're having a cold spell, be lucky to make it to 50 today with a cold rain expected tonight.

Glad it's warm enough Envoy doesn't need his trashed blanket though.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:24 am

That lasted for 2 days. It's cold again. Shpring... You never know when winter will make a last grab at the weather. So, Envoy is wearing his trashed blanket and sending it off to the repair place is on hold for another week.

He was sound asleep -- in his hay pile -- when I showed up yesterday. We were laughing and calling him the dead pony. He was stretched out and snoring!
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:43 pm

JEEZ!!!! I almost choked on my coffee. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:57 am

A friend sent me an ad for a horse stuff consignment/yard sale in April. I will be bringing some of Konan's old things since they don't fit anybody at my barn, and just maybe I can find a great deal on a new blankie. Keep your fingers crossed!
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:28 pm

sounds like a good idea! maybe there will be somebody there who might need something you have and you can swap!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:15 pm

That sounds like fun Becky, wish I could go.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:45 pm

I'm going to have to dig around to find stuff. Konan only had 2 blankets and no riding stuff. He was retired when I got him. So, maybe I will have to sell some of Sabi's riding things. His bits and bridles need good homes. It seems like a waste to get a table for just a few things.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:26 pm

If you get enough stuff together it would be worth it.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:09 am

Well... Come to find out, the sale has a table charge AND they want a percentage of what you make. I don't have enough stuff to make it profitable, so I think I'll just go to shop. I can just as easily sell my few bits and pieces online or at at the local consignment place.

I got an unexpected windfall from my state taxes and Envoy will be able to get a new winter blanket. Since the outside of his torn up one is fine, we're going to strip the lining out and sew in some smooth nylon on the shoulders. His dead blanket will become a nice sheet. He needs a sheet since his current one seems to be rubbing him and causing a little discomfort. Sigh... Always something to take what spare money you might find. Neutral
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:28 pm

That's always the way it goes Becky. The moment you think you might have two nickles left over to rub together, another expense always seems to find you.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:38 pm

Ok... Envoy is GOOD today. I was riding and my friend was just starting to ride her horse. Something happened, and her horse flipped out. He went from a standstill to a bucking fit like a bronco horse. He has been getting weird lately, but this was a huge blowup. My friend fell off -- unhurt thank goodness -- and her horse continued bucking around the ring. Envoy started to freak out, but I put legs on and held my outside rein, and he just stood like a GOOD pony. He didn't know what to do, and I was hoping freaky horse wasn't going to buck into us. But, all ended quietly. My friend finally caught her freaky horse and put him in lunge equipment to work without a rider. Envoy settled right back into his ride. Very Happy

My friend is going to sell her horse to somebody who can work with him more steadily. It's a sad thing, but I think it's the only safe thing to do. He is not the horse for a casual rider.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:31 pm

Your friend is probably doing the right thing.

YOU have ALREADY done the right thing. Envoy behaved so well in a scary situation because he trusts you implicitly, Becky, obviously with good reason. Volumes were spoken in a moment. I'm very impressed with you both.

(And relieved! Whew! )
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:37 am

It's been a long row for us. I got Envoy 6 years ago as a greenie. I'm really glad he is growing up so well. He's a joy. Very Happy
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:12 pm

charginga table fee AND wanting a percentage? that's taking the cream off the top and asking ya to make butter to hand over as well! must have been run by the woman who tooik over ebay;)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:17 pm

Ha! Right you are. It's a consignment store's event, so I can kind of understand. But, I guess they're just trying to drum up business with the stuff that people don't sell at the sale.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:24 pm

But taking a percentage on top of a table charge seems greedy to me.
Glad your friend wasn't hurt and that Envoy stayed calm. You know your friend
might check her horses teeth, also if she can find one she might want to try a string
girth or use a fleece cover.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:57 pm

So glad your friend wasn't hurt AND that Envoy behaves so well for you. His training is coming along excellantly for him to trust you as much as he does and not misbehave in the face of that other horse's bucking.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:03 pm

He got a day of light working today. His feet are growing quickly and he had a mid-cycle trim today. He wasn't really due, but his front toes were growing like crazy. He is still being a really good horse. The wind was really blowing and he was a steady Eddie. Yippee!

My friend's horse has no reasons to buck like that. His teeth are done every year, he has a treeless saddle. The girth has a cover and is never over-tightened. He just needs a brave rider who will get on him regularly. My friend only rides once every 2 weeks. He just needs a work routine and somebody to RIDE him.

Last edited by bpaquet on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : didn't finish)
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:42 pm

It's a damn shame your friend's horse can't get the exercise and regular contact he needs. Hell, he probably bucked out of frustration with her.

I know a little girl who'd like to play. Any chance you could board that boy at your place for a while? Give you 2 horses to ride every day? Does The Hub ride?
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:55 pm

No chance of that horse coming here. Barn's full up with the 3 who live here. Besides, I am kind of scared of him -- and he's BIG. I think the best thing for him is to find a mom who can play with him more often. It's the beginning of show season and people are in the market. My friend won't let him go to a bad home, so he will find the person for him.

Hubby doesn't ride. He is great at taking care of the horses, but has NO interest in getting on them. He loves Curly Sue, but doesn't want to ride her. That's too bad. They would be SO cute together. She's a big girl, so she could carry around a 6 foot guy and not look silly.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:33 pm

Definetly a case of where some wet saddle blankets
are needed. Regular work is always good thing. Since show season is
coming up maybe she would be willing to lease him with option to buy if he
works out well or even offer a buy back if and when the new owners can longer keep
him.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:59 am

Must be all that nice sweet spring grass making his feet grow so quickly.................
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum