BAD Envoy!!!

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: BAD Envoy!!!

Post by bpaquet on Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:20 pm

Hmm... Good question. I don't know. I know that nobody around here has ponds in their yards because the birds just eat the fishies. Snails, though... Interesting idea. I'll have to look into it.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:36 pm

and ya know those goldfish or snails are a very green alternative!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:17 pm

Oh yes. I've known some people who used goldfish. The only problem is catching them when you need to do water changes. After all, the fishies DO have to do fishy business, so water should be changed. So, you have to scoop them into a smaller bucket, clean the trough, and refill. Then you dump the small bucket of fish back in. It's just funny chasing fish around with a little net scoop. Those guys can MOVE.

Envoy and I are going to play together again tomorrow. We had a wonderful day today that wasn't as hot as it was supposed to be. It's downright pleasant now. We had a busy day working on the house, so I didn't get a chance to play with any of the boys. It's supposed to be in the 80s tomorrow, so E and I will play.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:45 pm

We used to use a fisherman's net. It was hysterical. The barn cats supplied
a rapt audience.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:54 pm

Those kitties were probably thinking, "Just let us in there, we'll show you how it's done!" Think of all the calories you'll burn off chasing goldfish in that huge water tub around with a lil net. Laughing

Let us know how E and your playdate went. Will X want to join in maybe?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:57 pm

We had a very nice play day. We went to the trainer's house where we could all visit. Envoy saw his buddy, Pepper, and I had coffee and chatting with friends. The weather was surprisingly nice. It was sprinkling rain when we got there and the temperatures stayed pretty nice. Of course, the humidity was high, but it always is at this time of year. I'll take that as long as the temps stay reasonable.

X probably will get his own play days in the spring. I want him to put on weight and not work it off. Since winter is coming and it's harder to keep enough calories in a horse to keep him from losing weight, I'll just hold off until the grass starts to come back next year. We might play some ground games though. He's still a bit skinny for a saddle, but I think he will be a good size for it soon enough.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:34 pm

Ha! I think X deserves at least a year off! Nothing but grass, grain, watermelon and ground games! I wonder what he'd do with a big ball in the field 'long about next February or March. pirat
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:04 pm

I wasn't thinking of riding, but other games he could play if he feels well enough for it. Have you introduced him to bobbing for bottles yet?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:59 pm

We put some bottles in the tubs last week when it was so hot. The boys weren't really interested in them though. When I was filling the trough on Saturday, X came up and asked for a shower. I obliged and he went over to a sandy spot to roll.

Envoy is teaching X to find the dirtiest spot to roll. The two of them were rolling and grunting right next to the water tub where there is mud and sand and old leaves. Yum! Rolling Eyes
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:42 am

hehehehehehehe.............sounds like those two are bonding too. What is it about boys and mud puddles? Then again, if you get dirty you get another nice cooling shower, don't you?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:37 pm

The boys got a shower courtesy of Mother Nature today. There was a nice soft rain when I got home. It's continuing now, so I think we're in for nicer weather for the weekend. I'm ready! A little worried that the tropics are starting to get active, but the current tropical storm doesn't seem to be headed our way thank goodness!

Envoy and I are going away for 4 days. We're going to volunteer at a show for the weekend and then ride in a clinic on Monday and Tuesday. (Well... Envoy's volunteering involves standing in a paddock and watching me bust hump.) I think it will be good to have one-on-one time. I just hope that X doesn't worry too much. He gets anxious when his buddies aren't right by him. Poor guy.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:10 pm

In a perfect world we are never seperated from our loved ones, but it does happen. I'm hoping it will be good for X to see you and E go away then come home again. He may be anxious, but Sabi won't, and Sabi will be right there with him. It might even be good for them to have one on one time together without their more dominant expressive friend around.

What's the show all about, Becky? What will you be doing? Please tell us here or elsewhere!
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:27 am

It is a dressage show where people ride movements on their horses. Dressage is that "dancing" horse stuff on the Olympics. No jumps... I will be helping people keep an eye on when they are supposed to go into the ring and keeping a record of where we are in the show's agenda. It's going to be a couple of long, hot days.

Envoy is all packed up and ready to go. We got some miraculous cool weather, so the traveling will be good. I was worried that it would be really hot and sticky. Northern VA has some really terrible traffic even when it isn't rush hour. I'd hate to bring a trailer up there and SIT with the poor horse baking away in the rolling oven.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:20 pm

I hope that cooler weather holds out the entire time you're gone, so you aren't roasting either! And also not roasting on the way home. I'm sure X will be a clingypony for you when you get back.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:34 pm

The weather did not cooperate, although it wasn't too bad. It was hot and storms rolled in both Saturday and Sunday nights. I was filthy and sweaty all 4 days. But, it felt great! Nothing feels better than a shower after a hard work day.

Envoy was terrific. He was an impressive pony during the show, when he got to stay in a paddock and impress all the show people by being friendly and curious. Then, he worked like a champ during our clinic on Monday and Tuesday. He didn't care that it was hot and he behaved very well for having so many days off.

Poor guy is tired today. He slept like a rock last night. When we pulled in, he sniffed on X and Sabi, and went right to his stall for a nap. Smile
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:05 pm

What a good boy! And what a fine horse! Oh, I'll bet he charmed everyone! I love you And proved he knows his stuff, too, no matter how long he's been out of the ring. I feel ridiculously proud right now. Ridiculous because, of course, it has nothing to do with me. But hey. Can't a doting Aunt take pride in her boy's achievements?

Hey, Becky. You ready for YOUR nap? Razz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:16 pm

Sounds like y'all may have worked hard but had a great time.
Glad hear your boy worked like a Champ. Suzzz is right though it's
your turn to nap. Sleep
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:40 pm

The weather is wonderful -- low 80s and low humidity! Tomorrow's plan is to put all our new knowledge to the test at home. Very Happy

Envoy is all rested up and is having fun with his buddies. Tomorrow should be no problem. Maybe I'll be rested up. Work kind of gets in the way, but the weather should inspire some energy.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:42 am

At least the weather won't sap your energy. Glad to hear Envoy did so well and you both had fun.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:15 pm

The weather was lovely. Now, there's a big, orange moon. We had a very nice ride until the neighbor decided to start shooting a gun. Envoy was fine and didn't flick an ear. I, on the other hand, jumped out of my skin. We kept on though. That seemed to take the fun out of gun shooting.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:06 pm

affraid
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:31 pm

In the words of Bob Seeger, "Like a rock" What an excellent boy he is.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:56 am

The beginning of this thread was about Envoy destroying his blanket. Well... I found a good sale and got another. It's on order. Medium weight with an included hood that I can attach if we get awful snow or rain. I will keep the skin of the destroyed blanket to be a sheet to put over the blanket in case it gets REALLY cold. That doesn't happen here too often, so I think we are going to be ok as long as Envoy decides to treat his jammies well.

Now, I need to measure X to see what size blanket he needs. He will definitely require something to stay warm since he still doesn't have a lot of padding of his own.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:08 pm

I am so glad you found that sale before the cold weather comes...........for Envoy and for Xavier's sakes. Is Sabi's blanket still in good shape?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:37 am

We're all ready to go and it's raining outside. Oh well... We can ride in the rain, but I'm not going to rush that idea. I'd rather not. We need the rain, so I'll not complain. I hope the rain is falling on the big fire down in the southern part of the state. The smoke from that swamp fire has been stinking up our area for a week or so.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum