BAD Envoy!!!

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: BAD Envoy!!!

Post by Suzzzz on Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:47 pm

Oh, Envoy! Gross! What were you thinking??

Wish we could get that boy on the couch. Is this a bid for attention? Is he acting out because of Xavier? Is he unhappy with the current level of room service? Did he need to poop and was just trying to be neat? Of course, maybe it just happened. Didn't Freud say that sometimes a poop is just a poop? Razz
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:16 pm

First things first. EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!GROSS!!! BAD ENVOY!!!!!!!!! What a Face

The other is very bad Suzzz, very bad!!!! Laughing
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:39 pm

With Envoy poop is just poop. I think he just was doing his usual pattern of pooping around the edge of his stall and picked the wrong wall. They all do it at some point, so it's just one of those barn things that horse people dread. We all know it will happen, but we all hope it won't. Laughing

All ponies are in their stalls under fans. They got showers on their way in. Surprisingly, they weren't too sweaty. They were camping out under the trees. I'm impressed with their ability to stay as cool as possible with the awful weather we're having. At least we live where we get some cooling breezes off the Bay. It's been much cooler here than just a little way inland.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:35 pm

Okay, I gotta say it too...........EWWWWWWW!!!!!

Horses are pretty smart about staying cool in the heat. If it gets really hot they might go skinny dipping in any body of water they can find, no matter how small. (I'm picturing ponies going WOOHOO as they jump into the creek like kids do)
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:43 pm

He seems to have learned his lesson. All of his piles were FAR away from the buckets today. I think he's suffering from the heat. He isn't moving in his stall as much as usual. He's parking under the fan. Poor guy. He has dark hair, a heavier body build than the others, and a hotter personality. All of that combined makes him just more miserable in the heat. I hope it breaks Sunday like they promise.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by ARNIgal on Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:51 pm

I just hope the poo wasn't in the water too long!! No Urp
ARNIgal
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:02 pm

It was long enough! Urp Definitely unpleasant. Thank goodness he didn't do it again last night!
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:25 am

I wonder how he'd like a chilled dampened sheet? Would help cool him off for a little while, maybe an hour?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:13 pm

I think he does ok with showers, but a sheet might actually get too warm too fast. We have hot sun and high humidity, so I just let them be during the day and then shower and put them under the fans in the evening. I would put them out at night, but the bugs are actually worse after dark. Today, all the horses hid under trees and took munching breaks all day. It was brutally hot, but they did really well. I am surprised at how smart they are. They stay in the shade and just go out in the sun for short periods. That's exactly what all the weather experts tell us to do. Funny... Nature tells her animals how to be smart without TVs and radios. Smile
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:02 pm

yep those critters use their heads a lot better than humans when it comes to things like the weather.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:34 pm

No fools they. I've actually seen people out running in this heat, not just in the early morning but at 5:30 when I'm coming home. I have to think their brains are addled.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:14 pm

Nah, their brains are cooked by the heat!
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:17 pm

We might be getting a little relief. It's storming like crazy. The boys were a little worried because we have had some exciting thunder and lightening. But, they're all tucked into their stalls with the fans on to keep them comfortable. I'm sure the rain isn't helping the humidity at all. But, we need it.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:22 pm

Glad you're getting some rain. We haven't had a drop in I don't know how
long and we are dire need of it.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:56 am

I this this summer is very odd: you usually get a lot of rain because of hurricanes, but they seem to all be going up both coasts instead of the gulf as usual. That's why you're so dry in the south. And why we are getting so much humidity and rain here, it drifts over from the West Coast, then over to the East Coast when it comes from the Pacific.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:46 pm

We're having a pretty good year. We've had enough rain to keep the pastures green and the farmers' crops doing well despite the heat. I feel for you, Sue. We had drought a few years ago and it was awful. Everything turned brown and crunchy. I think it was worse than a moist year.

Envoy was happy today. I got home and the temps weren't TOO bad. I wanted to ride, but schedule just didn't cooperate. I finished the stalls just in time for the flies to start swarming. There are some NASTY little black ankle-biting ones out now. So, I brought the boys in to get some relief. I'll just have to get home early enough tomorrow to ride. Can't let the relatively good temperatures (low 90s) go to waste.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:06 pm

Nope, can't let good riding weather go to waste. Today when I was setting up for dinner
I took out ice water for the bowl I left out all day. It was ice water from the water pitchers
that I had out for lunch service. In fact somebody ask me if Oreo had water.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:36 pm

Sue, that person must also worry about Oreo having enough food and water to get through the heat, knowing her "owners" don't take good care of her.

Glad the weather is relatively nice for you Becky. I know everyone there needed a break from the sweltering heat and humidity.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:37 pm

The weather today was PERFECT. It was 80 degrees and breezy. Tomorrow is supposed to be 100 humid degrees. Ugh. I rode this afternoon, and the pleasant weather had Envoy all spooky. A pine cone falling out of the trees made him leap sideways. He also scooted at something only horses can see. Still, he was a good boy. When I told him it was ok, he settled down and went back to work. He's all tucked in and resting away from the bugs now.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:39 pm

Even if it is for only one day, I'm very glad you had a break in the weather and could go riding.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:26 pm

Yup. It was brutal today. The guys were ok out in the pasture, but I need to clean out their water tub tomorrow. It turned all green and yucky in the super strong sun. The bleach and I will be out there tomorrow morning.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:30 pm

Glad Envoy could go riding, too. I'm sure he needs it as much as you do, to center himself after all this new stuff and connect with you one on one. I'm so glad y'all had a good day for it! Another couple of HOT days extant, but Sunday looks better here --- hope it does for you, too.

Have fun with your algae, Becky. No
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:32 pm

Ok, y'all are going to laugh when I tell you what we used to here in Texas.
We would go to a pet store and buy like $20.00 worth of feeder goldfish and dump
them in the tank. They would eat the alage. Now granted we lost a lot of the fish but believe it
or not a good portion of them would survive. I mean the barn cats thought it was an all you could eat
sushi bar not to mention the wildlife. Anyway if you're brave try the goldfish, the cats will love you.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:48 pm

Oh! I wouldn't laugh at all. If I didn't live near the bay and if I didn't have resident herons, it would be a great thing. But, those poor fishies wouldn't last 5 minutes here. The herons would beat the kitties to the snack bar. Laughing
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:19 pm

Oh yes, I imagine they would at that. I wonder if they'd go after those cleaner snails I see in the pet shop for aquariums. They supposedly eat algae too, only more slowly.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum