BAD Envoy!!!

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: BAD Envoy!!!

Post by bpaquet on Tue May 31, 2011 8:35 pm

Well, 2 treatments into the plan and the head poke is almost gone. Today's ride went really well. He didn't stumble at all except when he pulled up for a toad crossing. A HUGE toad wanted to cross right in front of him, and he just stopped dead on the spot. It was hilarious.

So, I think the Adequan is working. We have 5 more treatments, and I hope all will be well. If it is, we might need to develop a maintenance schedule or maybe this was an injury and it will just be cured. Only time will tell.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Tue May 31, 2011 8:57 pm

Lol! I'm so pleased Envoy stopped for the toad! He may have simply been stunned at the sight, but it was a gentlemanly thing to do for a fellow creature. Very Happy
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:29 pm

I agree Suzzzz, Envoy is turning into quite the gentleman now that he's growing up.

(((((((((((((((((HEALING VIBES)))))))))))))))))
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:47 pm

And now that his leg is feeling better, he's being even nicer. What a great horse.

He was outside with Sabi today and they were MELTING. The farrier was coming at 3:30, and I had them out before that. When I brought them in at 3:15, they went right under their fans and just stood. Poor ponies. They have their ice jars in the water tub, but I think they've been melting in about 10 minutes. We're supposed to get a break soon, but geez! It has been warm.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:37 pm

I bet they'd have loved a cool shower from the hose.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:54 am

They do get showers all the time when it's hot outside. Envoy sweats so much that his dark brown hair gets white salt marks on it. Poor guy. I'm sure he feels crunchy, so he gets a bath and goes under his fan.

Now, it's beautiful outside. The next week is supposed to be perfect weather -- not too hot and not too humid. I'm loving it!

Envoy goes to boarding school for a week starting tomorrow. I am watching the trainer's horses, so he gets to spend time somewhere else. Unfortunately, it's usually hotter there. But, he will have a hose and a fan, so not all is lost. He will get good riding time, which also requires baths and fans. Smile
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:16 pm

Good thing he loves getting baths and showers so much! What about Sabi? Is he coming along too?
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:43 pm

Sabi loves baths as long as he doesn't get his face wet. I have to squirt the water straight in the air and let it fall on his head like rain. He's silly.

Envoy is going to camp at the end of June. We had so much fun at our October camp that we're going to try one in a different place this month. I hope Xavier is here by then and that it isn't brutally hot/humid. They will have showers there, but camping in the swamp isn't as nice as the crisp autumn air. We'll see. Smile
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:22 pm

have you ever tried a sprinkler for the horses? not for long but for a few minutes so they could run around it or let it fall on them etc? i can just picture a couple horses with one of those D shaped sprinklers that go back and forth from grass to grass!
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:58 pm

bpaquet wrote:Envoy goes to boarding school for a week starting tomorrow. I am watching the trainer's horses, so he gets to spend time somewhere else. Unfortunately, it's usually hotter there. But, he will have a hose and a fan, so not all is lost. He will get good riding time, which also requires baths and fans. Smile

I assume they will be fully briefed about his leg and will be on the lookout for any probs. I hope he enjoys it! Very Happy
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:04 am

Oh yes. I have no worries that he won't be in the best care while he's there. I'll be going out every day, so I can keep an eye on him too. No super hard work, but enough to keep him in good shape since a healthy body heals faster. The vet didn't put restrictions on his activities, so we're just trying to keep things from stressing that joint too much.

Of course, it's raining today, so the move will be "fun." Oh well... At least it's not tropical weather. I need to prepare for that too!
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:59 pm

Oh yes, that season is almost here too. I hope Envoy enjoys summer camp!
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:46 pm

Hurricane season started in the Atlantic on June 1. As usual, the forecasters predict a busy season, and this year the winds are more favorable for bringing the mess to the East Coast. I have my eyes open. We don't normally see anything around here until August/September, but we should prepare now.

Envoy is enjoying his week at the trainer's. He seems to have rested in his stall and enjoyed making a BIG mess in it. He was outside playing with Pepper when I got there, so all is well with his world.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:20 pm

It never hurts to be prepared early, just in case. Glad to hear Envoy is enjoying camp already, playing with friends.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:45 am

The first hurricane has formed. Sigh... I just don't like hurricanes no matter where they go. We need rain here, but I'll pass on the wind and floods, thank you.

Envoy got a day off yesterday. It was really hot, and I got caught in terrible traffic. By the time I arrived, I was grumpy and sweaty. No reason to inflict that on the poor pony. He also has a sunburn on his cute white nosie. I am going to have to get some sunblock for that. A pony with a pink nose looks funny. (And who knows what it does to their skin in the long run.)
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:04 pm

Probably the same thing it does to us peoples--skin cancer. Sunscreen is a good idea.

Thank heavens the first hurricane is in the Pacific, not the Atlantic. No worries about Becky getting flooded, unless the remnants that cross the country drop a ton of rain.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:12 pm

How do you put sunscreen on a pony's nose? Won't he just lick it off? I've struggled with this with my smaller ones over the years, wanting to put, say, antibiotic on a cut or scrape but not knowing how to do it without the overkill of involving the Dreaded Cone.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:54 pm

The zinc stuff goes on pretty easily. It isn't smelly, so they tolerate it well enough. It isn't their favorite thing, but they tolerate it. Thank goodness we don't have to involve the Dreaded Cone in the horse world. Can you imagine?? drunken
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:01 pm

now there's a visual for you............ Shocked
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:37 pm

Oh, my. An animal that won't lick off an ointment! I might have to get rid of these troublesome dogs and cats and get me a pony in here. They'll sleep on the bed, right? And I'm sure they can be litterbox trained, they're so smart. (Hoo, gotta get a bigger box.) How do they do with stairs?
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:17 pm

i see suzzz getting one of those mini ponies/horsesin the future.....but the litter box would have to be the size of a bathtub wouldn't it???
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:19 pm

What about neck cradles or bibs?
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:15 pm

I haven't seen those in years! Neck cradles... That was an image too.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:04 pm

Hi, it's Tonio. I had to grab this chance while I had it. Meowmy bought me the most wonderful treats
today. I just had some, They are called Zukes Natural Purrz. Chicken flavor which is my favorite.
Meowmy says that they don't have wheat or soy. Whatever that is. Anyway they are yummers and all
the kitties in the forum should demand that their Purr Parents get them some. Tonio

*******SIGH****** Meowmy
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:59 pm

Envoy is so happy to see Sabi. I brought Sabi to visit yesterday before I loaded Envoy to come home. When my trainer's horses went out to the pasture, they all stopped by Sabi and Envoy's fence to sniff noses. Envoy ran in between Sabi and the others to protect his old buddy. It was really sweet to see the young horse protecting the old, lame one. Sabi, of course, didn't want to be protected. He shoved his way to the fence and sniffed everybody. Of course, everybody liked him and he made special friends with the young filly. He really is a ladies' man.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum