BAD Envoy!!!

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: BAD Envoy!!!

Post by bpaquet on Sat May 14, 2011 9:04 pm

I think he must be. No sign of other escapes and he behaved himself all day today.

I don't think I'll have to make the fences higher. It's really hard to build a fence a horse can't jump or knock over. I'll just take this as Suzzzz says -- a show off move. He normally respects fences, and since he didn't run away, no harm was done.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sat May 14, 2011 9:29 pm

Also no harm in taking him for several long rides this weekend, either, just so he knows he's appreciated, respected and useful. And can get tired at home, too. Wink This business with Xavier has you on edge, Becky. You and Envoy could probably both use the activity.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sun May 15, 2011 9:17 am

I totally agree. I've been riding almost every day just to keep his wonderful fitness he got over the winter, but some extra exercise can't hurt either of us. I hope the thunderstorms stay away today at least until I'm done riding. Yesterday was perfect. Lovely weather during the day and then some nice spring rain at night. We could do that again today. Smile
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sun May 15, 2011 8:45 pm

We had a very nice ride today. Envoy is much more solid in the pasture than he was last year, and I can actually relax a little. That helps us both.

We almost had to stop when Sabi decided to roll and rolled right out of his halter. I leave it on while I ride so he's easy to hook up and bring in when we're done. Well... I guess he didn't feel like wearing his "clothes" today, and he flopped down and off it came. I almost fell off Envoy laughing. Envoy was just looking at Sabi like he was laughing too. The only thing we had to watch for was not to step in the halter, which could be dangerous. It made a good "hazard" for our little obstacle course, which had a Sabi and a halter in it today. Very Happy
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Mon May 16, 2011 9:15 pm

That is SO Sabi! ROTFL He's generally a pretty smooth guy and tolerates a lot, but if he decides he doesn't want to wear something, off it comes! Shoes, boots, blankets, halters, whatever!
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue May 17, 2011 6:35 pm

I'm chuckling again...................life certainly isn't boring with those two ponies around, is it Becky? Wink
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue May 17, 2011 9:31 pm

Is he "Sabi the Streaker"? He seems to like being naked, doesn't he?
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed May 18, 2011 1:19 pm

hehehehehehe.............
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sun May 22, 2011 8:19 pm

Envoy and Sabi went to the trainer's house for a fun day. Envoy got to play with his friend, Pepper, and Sabi got to socialize with other horses. He's such a homebody these days. He really seems to enjoy his days out. Envoy was a very good boy for his riding session. I can ride better there because there is a real arena, and not just the pasture with its unpredictable footing -- although I'm learning the good and bad spots again. So, all in all it was a good pony day. Not too hot yet, and just enough breeze to keep things comfortable.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sun May 22, 2011 8:40 pm

I'm so glad Sabi got an outing! You and Envoy, too, of course. Razz Extracurriculars can't hurt the socialization process when X shows up. It's great to remind Sabi that there are other horses out there.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sun May 22, 2011 11:17 pm

I'm jealous. Glad y'all had fun.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon May 23, 2011 1:25 pm

I am so glad Sabi got to socialize with other horses besides Envoy. An excursion now and then is good for the soul, and it sounds like all 3 of you had a very good one. Very Happy
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue May 24, 2011 8:09 am

Both of them were so sleepy yesterday that I let them spend the night in their stalls. It's perfect outside time (except for night time storms), and I prefer them to be out as much as possible, but they were just sound asleep when I brought them in late for supper. When I came out to feed breakfast, Envoy was flat out and snoring!
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue May 24, 2011 12:59 pm

Now that's one very tired lil pony!
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed May 25, 2011 9:07 pm

I think I posted here about Envoy's tiny leg problem that was discovered last month. We've known something wasn't quite right for a while, but last month the chiropractor vet nailed down the location. Envoy was on glucosamine shots for about 3 weeks, and improved very slightly.

I took him to one of my regular vets today for a recheck, and things still aren't totally clear. He has a little stifle stiffness. That's like a knee that doesn't bend right for a person. So, he is on to the next level of treatment. He will get Adequan shots for a month. It costs a bundle, but it's supposed to be really good stuff. If that doesn't work, we try injecting the stifle joint with steroids and see if that works. I hope the Adequan does.

Envoy is not lame and not completely uncomfortable. It's just a slight thing that I want taken care of before he goes on to do harder work. No reason to ask him to work really hard if his poor knees aren't bending the right way.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Wed May 25, 2011 9:20 pm

Poor Envoy. I'm glad you've got it pinpointed. Good luck with the new treatments and let us know.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Wed May 25, 2011 9:48 pm

ohpoor guy...but at least you know what it is and how to treat it.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Thu May 26, 2011 8:21 pm

Well... We don't know for sure what it is, but we've narrowed down WHERE it is. I didn't want to spend untold dollars and days on diagnosis when the treatments for anything they found would be the same. So, we're starting with the smaller treatment and if it doesn't help, we'll go all out and inject the joint.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri May 27, 2011 12:35 pm

Maybe he overstretched a tendon in that knee? If so, it will heal even if it is slow in doing so. I've had that happen to myself in the past. It's painful, and my knee wasn't quite right for about 2 months.

(((((((((((((((((((((STRONG HEALING VIBES))))))))))))))))))))))))
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri May 27, 2011 9:16 pm

That is one possibility, Fiff. The thing is, no matter what the diagnosis, the treatment options are the same. We start with glucosamine (did that last month), move to Adequan (current treatment), then go to injecting steroids in the joint. I think the joint injection is kind of like the cortisone shot I got in my shoulder for tendonitis. It helped a LOT. So, if the Adequan doesn't do the trick, we'll do the joint injection. But, I don't want to overtreat if it's not something that injecting the joint will help. The vet agrees that we start at minor and work our way up. Overtreating can cause problems.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Fri May 27, 2011 10:32 pm

That's one great vet, Becky. Some start at the top and then have no where to
go when that doesn't work.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat May 28, 2011 9:22 am

I love her. She's my farrier's wife too, so there are a lot of bonuses. Smile
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat May 28, 2011 12:42 pm

Very smart too, start small and work up to the big guns so-to-speak. I can see why you love her.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sun May 29, 2011 9:23 pm

Today was "hard ride' day at the arena, so we tested out the first treatment. I think he warmed up a bit more quickly, and he wasn't as resistant to the right. He still has his funny head poke, which is really him pushing his nose to the left when he's tracking right. It's very slight and isn't a classic lameness. But, as he warmed up, the poke got less noticeable. So, this week we will spend lots of time warming up and stretching. I think the therapy is working. He gets his second shot today, and we'll see how the upcoming week goes.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sun May 29, 2011 9:58 pm

Clearly something is going on. The head poke tells you that. Lots of warm up sounds good as he goes through this proccess. Fingers crossed, Becky.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum