BAD Envoy!!!

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BAD Envoy!!!

Post by bpaquet on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:51 pm

Friday is Envoy's day off and my day to take care of errands and things at home. I don't go to ride on Fridays in the winter. Well... My trainer took his blanket off because it was a nice afternoon. She went to do some grocery shopping and came back to find something white in Envoy's paddock. He had DESTROYED his blanket. Taken it off its fence (where it hangs all the time) and absolutely stomped it. The stuffing is out and the lining is shredded. I don't know what got into him, but now I need to find him another blanket. I don't think we're done with cold weather, so I need to do some shopping. Sigh... It's an expense I didn't really need now, but what can you do? He's used to having jammies, so it would be mean to ask him to go without. I'm pretty sure he's freezing tonight -- and deservedly so!
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Re: BAD Envoy!!!

Post by Sue Short on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:13 pm

*****CHOKE****SNORT****
FALL OFF THE COUCH LAUGHING.

I'll chip in $10.00 just for the entertainment value.
She's choking on her wine laughing.

Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:48 pm

OMG, what a visual! I bet Envoy is mentally kicking himself in the rump now for destroying that blanket now that he's shivering.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:54 pm

if anyone knows how to do it we could start a 'chip in' fund. (I've seen them for things but don't know how to go about setting one up) i saved enough on not having to spend big bucks on the work pants i got today that i could chip in a bit to keep him warm:)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:03 pm

It isn't as bad as it sounded yesterday. The inner lining of the blanket has a BIG tear and the stuffing is missing in about 3 places. But, the outside is fine. So, if I can get some stuffing material from WalMart, I might be able to repair it. I have some tent repair tape that fixes tents, so that should hold it for the rest of the winter. I found a great sale on replacement blankets, so I just need to see if I have any money to buy now. It is tax season and I think I might get a little back, so I guess the timing is as good. (Good? I don't really think that's the right word!)

Tonight, Envoy is wearing his sheet, which is NOT destroyed. He has that and a hood on since it's supposed to rain like crazy. He has a house, but he likes to go outside too, so I wrap him up to keep him dry. It's supposed to be in the 50s, and that's a bit chilly to be really wet.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:19 pm

Foolish boy. Tent tape or duct tape should repair that blanket, but he may have to put up with cold spots with no batting. His own fault. Do you suppose he was just sick of the blanket or was he just in spring fever tearing up mode and the blank was handy?
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:16 pm

I think he was just going to pull the blanket off the fence and it snagged on something. Then, he probably had fun trying to pick it back up. He loves his blanket. He is the only horse I've ever met who asks for a cover when it's cold. Who knows... Maybe he was chilly and was asking the blanket to go back on. Silly boy...

I will get it fixed up after I clean it, but until then, he'll just have to deal with it. I'll also get a new blanket because a repaired one isn't quite as strong as an un-destroyed one.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:32 pm

Oh dear, I think I was too harsh on him yesterday. If he just wanted his blankie back, I apologise! Embarassed He was probably just trying to figure out for himself out how to put it back on. Sorry, Envoy!
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue Short on Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:07 pm

I'm still laughing.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:44 pm

If only he'd asked for help putting it back on..................
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotiel on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:26 pm

If only animals could talk... Right?
Lotiel
Mutts Fan
Mutts Fan

http://journal.lotiel.org

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:00 pm

okay i can see it now...pulling the blanket off the fence. all it would take is a few snaggy pieces on the fence to make some slices in the blanket.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:58 am

True nuf. The more expensive the blanket, the more likely it is to find a snag too. I found an awesome deal on this one -- a $300 blanket for less than $150 out of my pocket brand new. But, those deals are no more. Neutral So, we're going to muddle through with what we have for now and see what shpring brings us. I hope we're almost out of the cold weather. The forsythia bush is almost in bloom, I see daffodils out (although the ones in my yard are taking their time), and the tree buds are starting to get all pretty and red. We will have signs of life soon. (Time to watch out for boing-y pony behavior!)
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:14 pm

If it's nearly time for boingy pony bahavior-time to start always carrying the camera and video, just in case.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:44 pm

If K can make it to warm weather with his old blanket, maybe you'll find another deal this summer when sales are low. Fingers crossed!
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:50 pm

Shame you didn't live here, there was a horse blanket posted in the for sale newspaper ads here (nearly-new) for $75.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:24 pm

I didn't pay nearly full price when I bought the blanket, but I couldn't find something as good as $75. Oh well... I'll find a good deal somewhere. I'm just hoping that we're about done with the cold weather. It's going to POUR here tomorrow, but it's supposed to be warm.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:23 pm

It was listed as a size 72, is that big?

I hope if you do get a big downpour that the rain is at least warm.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:35 am

72 is the size Envoy wears. 72 is the number of inches from the center of his chest to the point of his buns. Average horses wear some size between 72 and 81. It depends on if they're fat/skinny, long, short. Envoy is not fat or thin, and he is pretty short-backed, so he is in the 72. Like most things in the horse world, there is little standardization. A 72 blanket from one company might fit much better than a 72 from another company. It all depends on the size and shape of your horse.

It was warm and POURING yesterday. Even the ducks and geese were hiding. Envoy spent the day in his house with only short trips outside for potty breaks. (He's a nice, neat boy that way.) Sabi and Curly Sue played in puddles and got soaked. They seemed to enjoy it.

Today is sunny and a little more chilly, but you can really see shpring springing. The flowers are coming out. The trees are changing color. The light is warmer. Very Happy
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:16 pm

I know a nice rainshower can be invigorating like a massage, but when it pounds down it's more like a beating. Sounds like you've had so much rain lately even the ducks and geese are tired of it and want to see some sunshine.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:52 pm

Thank goodness our weather has been beautiful for the last couple days. The grass is coming in and I have my first daffodil in the yard. The temperatures are definitely spring-y. I'm SO ready... I hope the ground has some time to dry before our next rain. The horses were all basking in the sun and napping. Very good day.
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:41 pm

glad to hear things are warming up...maybe you can do without having to spend the money on a new blanket until later in the year?
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:24 pm

Ooooo, a daffodil! We won't get any of those for at least another month here.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by bpaquet on Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:26 pm

bummer! It's raining now and is supposed to rain off and on for the next 2 days. But... It's supposed to be sunny and warm for the weekend. Maybe I shouldn't complain.

You're right, Jeane. I can probably just go with his non-destroyed sheet until later. I will keep my eyes open for a good blanket deal, and I found a place that might be able to repair the destroyed one. We'll see how it goes...
bpaquet
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:25 pm

Has the rain passed yet? We're supposed to get some but it hasn't shown up here--yet.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum