study about how cats bond with humans ( about woman, but i say it doesn't matter male or female!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

study about how cats bond with humans ( about woman, but i say it doesn't matter male or female!)

Post by jeanebellini on Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:28 pm

Sue sent me the link for this article....thought it was pretty interesting about how cats bond to humans..how they actually react like human infants about their food etc.
though it says that that cats bond better to women i don't think it matters....think it matters more how the human relates to the kitty when it comes to what sex they are:) (cat or person)
here's the link....
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41763121/ns/health-pet_health/from/toolbar
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Re: study about how cats bond with humans ( about woman, but i say it doesn't matter male or female!)

Post by Sue Short on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:16 pm

Thanks for posting it Jeane. I agree I don't think gender
matters.
Sue Short
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Re: study about how cats bond with humans ( about woman, but i say it doesn't matter male or female!)

Post by Suzzzz on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:48 pm

This, from the article:

The researchers determined that cats and their owners strongly influenced each other, such that they were each often controlling the other's behaviors.

Lol! Ya think? If anyone has control around here, it's Weezer! Razz Seriously, thanks for posting that. VERY interesting.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:39 pm

I can sure see that in how well Bijoux has my mom and I trained, but we trained him a bit too. It goes both ways..............

In my sis' family it was my nephew they all bonded with more than anyone else. I agree it has to do more with the person than their sex who a kitty bonds with more. They know who they can have wrapped around their lil paws!
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:06 pm

when i first saw the title of the article i thought it was about female cats bonding with people better! I thought they were nuts cuz all the lady kitties around here are aloof where the boychiks think i'm the pussycat's purr.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:30 pm

Lol, Jeane! I agree. With cats, the boys seem to be the lovers while girlcats have that feisty streak. Not to say that most of my many girl cats haven't been supreme snugglers, but the boys just seem to soak it up. I think it's their Lion heritage. We monkey-folk tend to the opposite. Our males are generally more driven and leave it to the females to engender community. But, as with all generalizations, there are many exceptions! I've known plenty of cat-lovin' men and man-lovin' cats.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:02 pm

i've tried to think back over the years and the only lady kitty i had that really was lovey and my kitty was Sugar a little white and splotches kitty who was the first kitty i ever saw who got into the ceiling and peek down at me:)
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:10 pm

My Miss Kitty was a real snuggler, and so is my sis' Annabelle. Otherwise it's boy kitties who've always been the supreme lovebugs in my family.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum