BUMMER- NY DAILY NEWS GETS RID OF A PAGE OF COMICS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BUMMER- NY DAILY NEWS GETS RID OF A PAGE OF COMICS

Post by lovekitties on Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:58 pm

THis week without any warning the NY Daily News went down from 3 pages of comics to two pages.
Gone are Rose is Rose, Curtis, Sherman's Lagoon, Close to HOme, The Flying McCoys, the Lockhorns, Marmaduke, Soup to Nutz, F-Minus, Dustin , Tundra, and one of my faves, Over the Hedge.
I checked out the daily news website, and they have most of them there and a slew of others, but it's not the same as reading it in the paper. and they don't have Over the Hedge on the website.
Luckily, Mutts is still in the paper.
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Re: BUMMER- NY DAILY NEWS GETS RID OF A PAGE OF COMICS

Post by fiffur on Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:13 pm

Comics.com has the majority of those comics Lovekitties, including Over the Hedge. Http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/fun has a lot of them too.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzzzz on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:24 pm

Print newspapers seem to have no clue. I can get local, national and global news on the internet any time I want it. The reason I keep buying a newspaper is that I like to sit down every morning at my kitchen table, groggily drinking my coffee, and read the daily advice column and the funnies while I wake up. From a nice big spread of newspaper that I hold and rattle and fuss at my cat for sitting on while I try to read. It's a very tactile, very human event. If they ever drop their comics page, I would drop them in a heartbeat.
Suzzzz
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:41 pm

Send their editor a letter to that effect then, Suzzzz. Maybe if they knew how much you miss that third page of comics they'll bring them back, if a lot of people write or email to tell them so.

I prefer to start my day with the comics too, puts me in a good mood. But I have to wait until I get to the library, then I have 3 newspapers with comics and the entire internet. Ever read a comic called Dogs of C-Kennel? It's on creators.com and goes back to 2-07 (in development then--recently syndicated). Point of view is from the dogs in the shelter. You can read week by week all of the strips from then to todays'.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by lovekitties on Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:45 pm

I've already written to the news.
I don't have time to look up all the comics on the internet. I've only got access at work, and that;s what i use it for., and a little time before I start, my lunch hour, and after work.
lovekitties
Earl's Very Best Friend
Earl's Very Best Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanebellini on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:00 pm

they should realize that there are a lot of people in your area who might not have any access to a computer...old folks esp.i bet there are lot of seniors in NYC area who just don't want to mess with computers. (I see it all the time at work when i'm trying to sign somebody up for that little rewards card..you need an email address and there are a lot of older folks who just either don't want to fiddle with computers or they just don't want to bother).
the paper could have decreased the size of the other comics to fit them onto the same amount of pages or they could have decreased the size of other things to have them fit.
OR they could have done what the paper around here did several years ago and had people vote on what strips they wanted to keep from a list of strips.
jeanebellini
Moochie's Muse
Moochie's Muse

Back to top Go down

Post by fiffur on Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:23 pm

Yeah, just to suddenly eliminate an entire page without asking their subscribers what they want isn't nice at all.
fiffur
Shtinky's Shweetheart
Shtinky's Shweetheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum